Looks like Charlie has got his wish.

• Thread starter Deleted member 222
  • Start date
Ref CW, I was under the distinct impression, that OUFC fans and this forum were anti CW AKA "Chippy". I am not trying to wind anyone up.

Colin was is WUM?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...php?term=wum&usg=AOvVaw2lRzjYTlgMMC4lKjuvkaLw

The answer is above "Clive". It means Wind Up Merchant, but I think you knew this, as less than ten minutes after asking the question you posted again, saying that you're not trying to wind people up.

I think from your posts that you are an Oxford United fan, you do sit in the South Upper Corporate area, all as you claim, but I also think you like a little bit of attention and some of your posts are designed to get a reaction. No crime in that, it's a football message board, a free world, and generally speaking it's pretty harmless.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&ved=0ahUKEwjm_7f5kJHbAhWsA8AKHcaeASMQFghOMAk&url=https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wum&usg=AOvVaw2lRzjYTlgMMC4lKjuvkaLw

The answer is above "Clive". It means Wind Up Merchant, but I think you knew this, as less than ten minutes after asking the question you posted again, saying that you're not trying to wind people up.

I think from your posts that you are an Oxford United fan, you do sit in the South Upper Corporate area, all as you claim, but I also think you like a little bit of attention and some of your posts are designed to get a reaction. No crime in that, it's a football message board, a free world, and generally speaking it's pretty harmless.
As always the voice of reason!

Can anyone remember who coined the nickname "Chippy"?

I have a feeling it could well have been Charlie himself...twas a word he often used to refer to those who took umbridge at his abrasive posting style (which is more than a little ironic).

It looks like 'chippy' will stay and sign a new contract at Sheffield United.
According to the press Stewart has completed the due diligence and the takeover is about to happen.
With a big turnover in players inevitable, getting in a new manager will be one of SDs biggest decisions and I would think that it has to happen quickly as the transfer window is shorter this season.

Maybe. I just wonder why MAPP would drop to League 1. Also MAPP showed at Oxford that he can change things round but it will take a little time. CW seems to be one of those managers who immediately changes things.

Maybe. I just wonder why MAPP would drop to League 1. Also MAPP showed at Oxford that he can change things round but it will take a little time. CW seems to be one of those managers who immediately changes things.
Why not call this The Chris Wilder Forum. Sick of hearing the name. Just change the record please.

Always take time. I dont expect KR to deliver a serious promotion season until 19/20.

Not always possibly to have that big an impact especially with the amount of changes needed. Took mapp a whole season to build a side and get them playing together.
MAPP came in late in the pre season. So he had to gamble on some players.
KR has had a few weeks to decide who he wants to keep, by all accounts knows who he wants and has a full pre season.
KR has a big advantage over MAPPs first season

Back
Top Bottom