Looks like Charlie has got his wish.

• Thread starter Deleted member 222
  • Start date
I look forward to the Sunderland supporters' reaction to his outpourings, unless of course he is now incommunicado - being a director of a L1 team and everything... :)
I do wonder what their supporters will make of Charlie in person. He stands out from the crowd, to say the least.

Sunderland fans see this takeover as the miracle they have been waiting for. Wilder is seen to many as the second coming they are so crazy at the prospect of Donald & Wilder Being the men to turn around the clubs fortunes. Only time will tell.

Sunderland fans see this takeover as the miracle they have been waiting for. Wilder is seen to many as the second coming they are so crazy at the prospect of Donald & Wilder Being the men to turn around the clubs fortunes. Only time will tell.

Great to see you picking up some of Charlie's PR work for him!

I suppose these evangelical Sunderland fans are equally in number with those going wild for Kassam's journey, or denouncing our dodgy foreign owner and his train set.

But I guess that time will tell!!

I expect that some have seen Stewarts managerial appointments at Eastleigh and will have a few concerns.
IF they get it right with the debt written off it could make Stewart et al a load of money.
But sunderland have been a basket case and have won few games in the last four to five years. Will be interesting although most oufc supporters will probably only be really interested in how the yellows are doing

As I said on another thread having met Stewart and the Donald family a few times I can only wish him well, the Donald family have been very good friends to OUFC over the years particularly when needed most.

I’ve never met Charlie so can only judge him on his postings on this site.

What is interesting (to me at least) is that Sunderland will be in the same league as Oxford next season and therefore one of our rivals and competitors.

Picture this, come the final match of the season and Sunderland with their huge financial advantage due to parachute payments need to win to secure promotion back to the Championship and one step from the Premier League. Just so happens they are playing Oxford United who need a win to avoid relegation to Division 4 and one step from oblivion.

Where do your loyalties lie?;)

I have empathy with your last paragraph, so to answer to your question, if it was me, then I’d definitely want Oxford to win.
Best interests of DE maybe?

Looks that way, but then that’s what I always believed to be the case. I can understand why he’d want to do that, but that’s not what he said.

Writing the debt off is fine, but the running costs of Sunderland are absolutely horrific for L1. Removing players and signing new ones will require a lot of capital, alongside the other costs.

And it's not just the debts to the owner to write off, but also some £60m owed to the bank. As has been mentioned, the operating costs for a club like Sunderland is huge and will eat up the parachute payment in no time.

Non-performing PL or Championship players will struggle in L1 unless they knuckle down and battle. The last few seasons would show that a massive clear out and rebuild is needed, and this won't come cheap.

Get it right, and all could be sitting on a nice little earner. Get it wrong and it could get very messy very quickly.

As much as I respect everything SD has done for Oxford, I will have little interest in events in Sunderland outside of our 2 games next year where I'm already for a little burst of "Charlie, Charlie, what's the score?" !!!

They sure need to sort out the ridiculous Rodwell situation
They were saying on the radio £70k a week and doesnt want to play for them ...

They sure need to sort out the ridiculous Rodwell situation
They were saying on the radio £70k a week and doesnt want to play for them ...

It will reduce to £44k per week for next season but still a ridiculous amount and situation. I read the manager didn't want him. Maybe Wilder should he become Sunderland manager, will find a way to involve him. If not, they should keep him away from 1st team training as it can't be conducive to a good team atmosphere.

Writing the debt off is fine, but the running costs of Sunderland are absolutely horrific for L1. Removing players and signing new ones will require a lot of capital, alongside the other costs.

Hmm I wonder if any other train-set owners might have “sold” a club for nothing at about five days notice , but left ‘debt free’ of the £10million “invested”, but with losses around £30k per week , and not owning their ground ? Still I’m sure it was all in the best interests of the club.

Last edited:
But I thought Darryl didn’t sell because it wasn’t in the best interest for the club?
That’s what he said and your point is ?

No one can 2nd guess what might have been with the Santori bid, they didn’t offer enough and scarpered when the WE debacle came to light, the grass is not always greener and we will all have to wait and see how tigers tenure unfolds.

No one can 2nd guess what might have been with the Santori bid, they didn’t offer enough and scarpered when the WE debacle came to light, the grass is not always greener and we will all have to wait and see how tigers tenure unfolds.

So he lied.

I agree we’ll probably never know what life under Sartori’s ownership would have been like and it’s still early days with Tiger, so I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what happens, but my gut feeling is, the journey under Sartori would probably have been a smoother ride.

All speculation by you and your ever present red hand gang re WE being the reason the deal didn’t go through, but again I don’t believe that to be the case. I think you’re find it was because Darryl wanted too much, so I just hope that Tiger can turn the over priced investment into a good thing.

So he lied.

I agree we’ll probably never know what life under Sartori’s ownership would have been like and it’s still early days with Tiger, so I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what happens, but my gut feeling is, the journey under Sartori would probably have been a smoother ride.

All speculation by you and your ever present red hand gang re WE being the reason the deal didn’t go through, but again I don’t believe that to be the case. I think you’re find it was because Darryl wanted too much, so I just hope that Tiger can turn the over priced investment into a good thing.

Red hand gang now [emoji23][emoji23]. Must be getting a bit lonely now ain’t it Sean ? Come join the gang we will look after u

You tell ‘em Archbishop.

Methven would be wise not to adopt the same conceited, dismissive tone on the Mackem message boards as he does on this one.

I assume Stuart Donald will have learnt from his flawed spell as Eastleigh supremo.

Won’t be easy at Sunderland.

I reckon Sunderland will simply have to go up next season.

As Tony W has pointed out on many occasions, Sunderland would be totally inept to NOT go up with their vast additional resources. But Stewart has to get the manager appointment correct or else ....

You tell ‘em Archbishop.

Methven would be wise not to adopt the same conceited, dismissive tone on the Mackem message boards as he does on this one.

I assume Stuart Donald will have learnt from his flawed spell as Eastleigh supremo.

Won’t be easy at Sunderland.
Stewart

So he lied.

I think you are better than that post!

I think DE wanted more than that “group” wanted to pay to make money out of the situation.

Did all groups go through or pass a proper persons test?

Never imagined that ole Slippers didn't just want more money. WE was always a pipedream surely.

Back
Top Bottom