Charlie & the Big Don

Absence makes the heart grow fonder? Or is he bored with his train set already?

Well Sinner dream on! - despite our opening result given our latest signings and your poor first half and lucky (according to Andy) Result i reckon we gonna do you on sept 1st. Can’t wait !
I'm dreaming?
Looking forward to it. Party time. Enjoying football again now we have got rid of the premiership parasites.
See you at weekend.

I'm dreaming?
Looking forward to it. Party time. Enjoying football again now we have got rid of the premiership parasites.
See you at weekend.

You mean now you’re winning again - but think you in for a suprise next week!

I'd like to thank you and all your smb friends for the footballing lesson today and am still weeping at your 6/7-0 victory
You never heard any of that from me.

Thought Oxford were the better side for most of the game, although both sides had opportunities to pinch it.
Oxford were lively and moved the ball about really nicely. Little guy with a pony seemed to cause us problems.

We had a spell in the second half when we looked more in control, but then Oxford remembered they had an extra player and started pushing the ball out wide.

General consenus, and my opinion, is the Oxford fans were very good. There must of been 2000 of them and they made good noise throughout, and weren't a bunch of knackers, which makes a change. The home crowd was also very good (amazing turnout considering the dross we have suffered in recent years), so a great atmosphere for most of the match, and both sets of fans stuck by their teams throughout.

We did not play well, but I prefer to give the opposition credit for that. Oxford players also went down very easily and fooled the ref a number of times, but that is part of the game now and we will have to get more streetwise.

Hopefully both of us are pushing for promotion come the end of the season.

@Bominyellow was fairly well behaved although a bit disrespectful at times. He does not hold the affection for Sunderland that I have for Oxford, but that is down to jealousy! I left him in a gin bar 'down Jarra' charming the locals.

Happy days

Both N'Dong and Djilobodji now sacked due to gross misconduct. Interestingly, it seems the trainset still owns the player registrations even though the players are off the payroll. So if they want to join a new club, SAFC still will demand transfer compensation.

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/20...-sunderland-departure-ndongs-extended-holiday

Commendable that Stew Donald seems to be making a tough stance Vs player/agent greed. But is it legal? No doubt they've invested in legal advice, but why hasn't a club adopted this approach to AWOL players before?

It's laudable, but wouldn't it have been better and less work to just get rid of them in a transfer window? Any club now won't pay a massive transfer fee for either player because they aren't fit and will take a long to get match fit.

It's laudable, but wouldn't it have been better and less work to just get rid of them in a transfer window? Any club now won't pay a massive transfer fee for either player because they aren't fit and will take a long to get match fit.

They wanted rid. Multiple bids accepted (suggesting that they were being punted around for market value) which fell through after negotiations between the player/agent & perspective new club. Pure greed.

They wanted rid. Multiple bids accepted (suggesting that they were being punted around for market value) which fell through after negotiations between the player/agent & perspective new club. Pure greed.
I have no doubt the +5% was being an extremely awkward a**e because FIFA allows it to be so. Until agents and transfers are properly regulated, they will allow stuff like this.

Contrarily though, is there a point in August where it was just easier to remove the player and pay the agent, rather than pay legal fees now and have the whole scandal rumbling on and become a distraction? Whichever club or player it is. As a club that struggles to attract players, are you then making it harder to sign players if agents don't want to do business with you?

This all makes £600K on a dispute with Kassam look a bit tin-pot.

Why does it? Surely it’s all relevant to each clubs circumstances?
600k is a lot of money for a club our size. Why should we just pay up for a service that the club has not received?

If Sunderland don’t go up this season then 600K will very quickly feel like an awful lot of money to them too.

Why does it? Surely it’s all relevant to each clubs circumstances?
600k is a lot of money for a club our size. Why should we just pay up for a service that the club has not received?

If Sunderland don’t go up this season then 600K will very quickly feel like an awful lot of money to them too.

£600,000 is a lot of money, however to some people it’s nothing as it’s not their money. It’s very easy to spend other people’s money. I applaud Stewart Donald and Tiger for standing up to greedy bas5ards.

Both N'Dong and Djilobodji now sacked due to gross misconduct. Interestingly, it seems the trainset still owns the player registrations even though the players are off the payroll. So if they want to join a new club, SAFC still will demand transfer compensation.

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/20...-sunderland-departure-ndongs-extended-holiday

Commendable that Stew Donald seems to be making a tough stance Vs player/agent greed. But is it legal? No doubt they've invested in legal advice, but why hasn't a club adopted this approach to AWOL players before?
Do the sackings make them free agents? ...asking for a Scouse acquaintance :whistle:

Really Mark?
I guess that you are suggesting that oufc is tinpot as compared to Sunderland with their resources.
But calling a £600k dispute as tinpot with Oxfords finances?

Back
Top Bottom