Looks like Charlie has got his wish.

Well maybe not his exact wish of owning OUFC but certainly a wish to exercise his ego by getting involved in owning a football.

Just the club happens to be in the north east and plays in red and white!

It turns out Charlie is listed as a director as part of the company that is taking over Sunderland.

No wonder he has been very quiet on here in recent weeks.

I look forward to the short away trip next season to Water Eaton to watch OUFC play Sunderland.

Last edited:

Foley

2018-19 shirt sponsor for Jamie Hanson
I expect Chris Wilder is fairly low on the list of managerial candidates.
I actually saw a report suggestin that CW could be the next Sunderland manager. You never know quite how close these reports are but ...

LondonRoader

Well maybe not his exact wish of owning OUFC but certainly a wish to exercise his ego by getting involved in owning a football.

Just the club happens to be in the north east and plays in red and white!

It turns out Charlie is listed as a director as part of the company that is taking over Sunderland.

No wonder he has been very quiet on here in recent weeks.

I look forward to the short away trip next season to Water Eaton to watch OUFC play Sunderland.
Is that a paid position?

T’ai Chi

Good luck to Charlie he is obviously very close to Stewart Donald and as Bradders stated yesterday in a post,
“ I also don't blame Stewart for wanting his trusted lieutenants in charge, people he can trust and have worked with him for years, they're all quality people. They'll do a decent job” .

Stewart had a group of friends who he trusts and obviously Charlie is one of them. Just think that group could have been in charge at the Kassam, I wonder what went wrong?

Last edited:

Gary Baldi

Will Sunderland be moving to Water Eaton any time soon? I hear the transport links are fantastic and it's easier to get to than Sunnerland!

Dave T

In all seriousness fair play to them, if they can turn it around they will have a big club to handle. And there the comparisons end as to what could have been here. Two very different beasts. £25 million parachute payment isn’t a bad way to have to start a new season.

I’m only saddened that this is the first time anyone has mentioned his full name is Charles harry finlayson methven .

Last edited:
Top Bottom