Charlie & the Big Don

Now this is the Charlie I remember. :eek: Can't believe his inner voice didn't make it more PR friendly.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spo...ws/charlie-methven-hits-out-parasite-15202215

Richard Easterbrook added: “If this is what @SunderlandAFC director Charlie Methven has really said about his club’s supporters, then it’s an absolute disgrace. Hard to believe he’s worked in PR if that’s how he describes his customer base.
David Morgan continued: “He comes from a different world, one that makes empathy with working class football fans more than a bit difficult. To him, 12 quid is nowt.”

Thats the problem with Eaton educated Southern Boys who have no idea what it’s like living north of the Watford Gap. He and Mr Donald will soon find out how hard it will be to please people who have been left behind by the Southern based elite. £12 is a fortune to those who have nothing, but to a millionaire it’s small change. Charlie will be found out very quickly that his style of PR does not work with the hard working Northerners. God Help him.

Oh dear! Mr Easterbrook goes on to say:

“Not the first time he’s had a pop at the fans as well - he’s also criticised them for leaving early. Really dangerous ground for an exec in his early days at the club to be so confrontational.”

Charlie? Confrontational?
I did think when I read it that they can't say they weren't warned about his rather OTT outbursts. But even so, very surprised that he'd actually say it out loud and not understand the punters in the local area have a limited income.

But it also did make me laugh.

Good old Methers is also seemingly saying that its pub + telly v stadium of light not pub + telly v pub + stadium of light.

In fairness, he's not wrong in what he says.
But as usual, it's the way he says it...designed and set up to provoke. The SFC fans can't say they weren't warned...

At least he labelled them as lager drinkers, rather than accusing them of drinking Newkie Brown

Reminds me of a pub in Stockport where there was a sign on the door saying "Sky employees and their representatives may only enter the premises by prior appointment". Also there was a square of gaffer tape on the corner of the tv screen where normally you'd see the glass logo to show that the pub had a legitimate pub Sky contract.

is Charlie Methane doing a bit of Moonlighting ...or should that perhaps be moonshining? .... as an enforcer for Sky TV in working class pubs n clubs in the North East ?:unsure::eek:o_O

"CM said it was important to understand who you were before making decisions, making sure you understand your market and what you have that will meet the needs of that market."

He says nothing very well doesn`t he? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I’m going to watch them play argyle with sinner on Saturday so should be an interesting day - last time I spoke sinner said they’d decided Charlie was an upper class t**t!!

Well just watched them beat argyle 2-0 probably deserved it but not by two goals. They (various Sunderland fans including sinner) reckon we are the best team they played this season. Away end sold out completely apparently could have sold loads more - pretty good atmosphere but they were quiet until they went into the lead. I still think they got hard times ahead.

Back
Top Bottom