Do people think we may have a new lockdown

• Yes

Votes: 29 43.9%
  • No

Votes: 30 45.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 7 10.6%

• Total voters
Didn’t he say there would no lockdown? He’s now coming up with plan c or a circuit lockdown.
If it were to happen there would be no furlough..or will it be called something else?

If it’s so infectious how will a circuit breaker work? Be the same but just a month later.

Whatever and however it'll look like, a lockdown has to be simple to follow. None of this horse-c*ck with groups of six, tiers one to four and all that...people won't be arsed adhering to anything like that when they've been vaccinated, boostered and all the rest.

Regardless of how the government has screwed the pooch in the last few weeks, it'll essentially be the same as before. Those who care will follow, those who don't won't. For all the posturing a la "I've done all you ask but I ain't wearing no face nappy again" the situation will be largely the same.

In the Vaterland cases are dropping, ICUs are just about surviving, deaths are still running high. Fifth wave with lots of omicron expected in January and rumours abound about not enough vaccines to go around with the boosters (mostly political posturing though). Vaccine passports uniformly in effect, otherwise the message hasn't changed. Face, space and get a jab.

If it’s so infectious how will a circuit breaker work? Be the same but just a month later.

3 weeks to flatten the curve all over again. 🙄 when will they stop reporting how many cases there is and concentrate on only going with hospital admissions and deaths? I know 8 people who have tested positive in the last 2 weeks and all of them haven't had anything worse then a cold due to either being vaccinated or under the age of 16. Let's not crash the economy again as unlike last time businesses like hospitality won't see a way out to a brighter future. Seems like a lot more then one step back this time round.

Interesting "adjustment" that has appeared very, very quietly............. and may be useful for some people.
You can now self-certify for up to 28 days.

That hints that Jan/Feb might be a bit "bleak".

It's more the "people won't get ill" -> "5,000 deaths without tighter restrictions" -> "get people out of isolation quicker" rhetoric that is being attributed to him.

Is it any wonder people are conflicted.

The best plan is to do what is right for you & yours.

1. Get jabbed.
2. Mask up when mingling with folk in shops, buses etc.
3. Wash your hands.
4. Vitamin D & Zinc supplements.
5. Plenty of sleep.
6. Eat well.
7. Avoid people.
8. Consider your comorbidities (age, diabetes, immuno-compromised, serious health problems etc) and act appropriately.

Do all that and the chances of being very ill are greatly reduced as are the chances of getting it.

Another 90,000 cases today I wonder how many come Monday or Tuesday after the games today. London under major incident. Hate to say it but I fear a lockdown is coming, maybe before Xmas

Good luck to the government if they think a significant proportion of the population will comply with that.
That’s the problem and things will get worse, the Netherlands are going into one later and they’re not as bad as us which is the problem…..

That’s the problem and things will get worse, the Netherlands are going into one later and they’re not as bad as us which is the problem…..

I'm double vaccinated, as are all my family members (those over 50 have been boostered). I'll be seeing them over the Christmas period.

I'm double vaccinated, as are all my family members (those over 50 have been boostered). I'll be seeing them over the Christmas period.
And you will presumably wear a mask, do lateral flow tests and keep yourself safe beforehand?

Same here.
And we aren`t changing our plans.

I don't expect anyone too, but ultimately we will be looking at a bleak January and February regardless. By the sounds of the 3 week curve breaking lockdown its half arsed measures like 6 at a table in pubs so they don't have to pay furlough which will have zero impact on stopping the spread. If we have to do lockdown do a 3 week one that will work ffs.

And you will presumably wear a mask, do lateral flow tests and keep yourself safe beforehand?

I have worn a mask all year on buses/the tube (even after the mandate was lifted). I am tested weekly at work. I reluctantly didn't go to my work's Christmas drinks last night. I exercise regularly. I am a healthy weight. I'm vegetarian. I don't smoke. I drink maybe once a fortnight. Is that enough?

What about yourself?

Back
Top Bottom