Do people think we may have a new lockdown

• Yes

Votes: 29 43.9%
  • No

Votes: 30 45.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 7 10.6%

• Total voters
Have heard that we're getting Christmas but lockdown to come in between then and the New Year. Not sure what it would involve / how harsh but would be pretty gutting regardless.

I can't see a lockdown happening, certainly not on the scale we saw last winter. All indications are that the booster hugely reduces the chance of any real effects, and we're on track to have the vast majority of the population done in the next couple of weeks. In addition to those who will have the antibodies by actually catching covid, there's a very good chance that this will peter out by middle of January.

We will also see a natural break from large interactions with offices and schools closing for a couple of weeks, and hopefully people will be sensible with parties and "business meetings"!

As long as we don't see hospitalisations and deaths increase to the levels of a year ago then we'll be fine. We may see more regional restrictions based on need, but not on a national level.

Have heard that we're getting Christmas but lockdown to come in between then and the New Year. Not sure what it would involve / how harsh but would be pretty gutting regardless.

Yes I've also heard similar today off my work , don't make any new years eve plans guys. Don't think it will be a full blown lockdown but I reckon clubs, pubs, non essential retail will be shut and schools told to work from home for January atleast. Football I would of thought will either be postponed or behind closed doors again. 😒

Yes I've also heard similar today off my work , don't make any new years eve plans guys. Don't think it will be a full blown lockdown but I reckon clubs, pubs, non essential retail will be shut and schools told to work from home for January atleast. Football I would of thought will either be postponed or behind closed doors again. 😒
Well they’re shutting nightclubs in Wales as of Boxing Day so we normally all end up doing similar

The Welsh and Scots like to do it differently, as they like to be independent.
A lockdown would kill the economy and potentially result in mass unemployment.
Despite Covid variant positive cases rising, the number of those dying has dropped for the third day in a row.
Surely that offers some hope to us. Symptoms mentioned have been mild…..but of course typically the focucus is 9n the number of positive cases and scientists of doom and gloom over Christmas

Despite Covid variant positive cases rising, the number of those dying has dropped for the third day in a row.
Surely that offers some hope to us. Symptoms mentioned have been mild…..but of course typically the focucus is 9n the number of positive cases and scientists of doom and gloom over Christmas
My wife's cousin, aged 60 and with no other health issues, has just died of Covid. He was triple jabbed but became ill shortly after the booster so probably already had it. They weren't very close but it's upsetting and a warning not to be complacent, and not to be an idiot.

How is it doom and gloom.
It’s true that deaths seem to be flat lining.
It’s hoped that symptoms are mild .
But ,compared to Jan 2021,many, many more will be infected and as a result the disruption to the nations workforce,will be potentially greater than anything seen so far.
That will impact all sectors and services .

My wife's cousin, aged 60 and with no other health issues, has just died of Covid. He was triple jabbed but became ill shortly after the booster so probably already had it. They weren't very close but it's upsetting and a warning not to be complacent, and not to be an idiot.
Condolences

Understandable under those circumstances ( cancelling works xmas do) @Jack Midson ..... and for most family plans over the festive period will take priority

Good luck with shaking off booster side effects, I was fine on the day I had mine ( had no side effects with either AZ dose), which was pfizer, but following day I had a dead arm that last 6-8 days, and felt like id been run over by a convoy of busses for the next ten days

I agree too re the government being reluctant to cancel Christmas for the reasons stated
..... gutted .... my last DJ booking before xmas has just been cancelled ( albeit a less than 500 capacity venue) , local licensing requirements apparently made it unviable to go ahead with this side of Xmas

267531857_4904204342934410_1392426824967833487_n.jpg

Sorry to hear that.

You have my sympathies.

That is very sad indeed. A friend of mine lost his wife last year before the vaccinations were offered. I think it is fair to say the unvaccinated are most at risk and should be jabbed for everyone’s safety. Let’s hope that the figures show signs of falling death figures and rates of infections start to get milder

How is it doom and gloom.
It’s true that deaths seem to be flat lining.
It’s hoped that symptoms are mild .
But ,compared to Jan 2021,many, many more will be infected and as a result the disruption to the nations workforce,will be potentially greater than anything seen so far.
That will impact all sectors and services .
Let’s hope the impact on services and industry is minimal.
The news all seems bad right now, but I’d like to think that there are signs that the there that the pandemic is hitting less hard, less deaths and fewer hospitalisations

That is very sad indeed. A friend of mine lost his wife last year before the vaccinations were offered. I think it is fair to say the unvaccinated are most at risk and should be jabbed for everyone’s safety. Let’s hope that the figures show signs of falling death figures and rates of infections start to get milder
A real shock as he was a hearty vicar and had been vaccinated. It just shows that you never know who will suffer particularly badly.

..... gutted .... my last DJ booking before xmas has just been cancelled ( albeit a less than 500 capacity venue) , local licensing requirements apparently made it unviable to go ahead with this side of Xmas

View attachment 7652
and its now back ON , after clarifications etc were specified, given etc ... ( LFT within 48hs before or Covid Pass or Vaccinnation cards ...... and maybe a note from your mum? . )
267555078_2429753357154709_4869024026225090832_n.jpg

Last edited:
Well Ireland have jumped first, 8pm curfew to hospitality and only a 50% capacity till the end of January regardless of covid passport status 😒

A real shock as he was a hearty vicar and had been vaccinated. It just shows that you never know who will suffer particularly badly.
It does. My heartfelt condolences to you and all affected. My sister in law has terminal lung cancer and I’m sure covid is affecting progress

Back
Top Bottom