Manager/Coach Life After Manning - New Manager Search

Who do you want as the next OUFC manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’ll be interesting to see if ‘let’s get behind him’ translates into a home sell out for the next home game, against 3rd in the league, no less.
Tuesday night before most peoples pay day and with Xmas looming, I would say sell out unlikely.

Betting odds at 1/6 for Des Buckingham. Going back on what I said previously this for me is beyond the point of betting companies trying to manipulate the market.
I believe he was 1/6 for the Lincoln job before they announced the guy from Leeds.

We knew this monday. I hope you put some money on it when you were also told 😉
I didn’t as actually don’t gamble but was 25/1 at one point, then 6/1 but was never really a decent price after that. I hope you did though mate 😉

That was shortly before Manning left. We got in contact with him shortly after & from what Lincolnshire radio said there was no contact between them and the Des.
Which backs up the point I have made throughout this thread. The bookmakers odds are meaningless B*****s.

I love how much people take bookies' odds as an indication of genuine possibility. In cases like these, the odds are dictated by what bookies expect people to bet on, with barely any relevance to what will actually happen. It's not like Ladbrookes have an inside man in the OUFC boardroom keeping an eye on how each interview goes and sending regular updates to their bosses.

Having said that, if anyone has a tip on someone with really good odds who genuinely has a chance of getting the job, please let me know, as I've just moved to Sweden, and the price of alcohol here is insane...

I think there is too much confidence in the Des Buckingham story now. Seems nailed on he will be our new manger. Much more excited by this when snakey joined us.

Regarding how County fans would feel towards Williams compared to how we feel about Manning...

Williams got them a promotion, and has been there for over a year. They will be gutted to see him go, but won't begrudge him that in the same way many of our fans do Manning.

I love how much people take bookies' odds as an indication of genuine possibility. In cases like these, the odds are dictated by what bookies expect people to bet on, with barely any relevance to what will actually happen. It's not like Ladbrookes have an inside man in the OUFC boardroom keeping an eye on how each interview goes and sending regular updates to their bosses.

You can say this as many times as you like but the board at large simply won't hear you.

That's just the way it is. Sorry.

Well having read all of this I sincerely hope that the board will make their final decision based on irrational prejudices, and bizarre preconceived notions.

Interviews are for losers.
They just PPV televise the interviews, right little earner and then we would all have a better idea of what we are on about.

If it’s Buckingham as expected then it’s clear to see what we’re trying to do. Talented young coaches with fresh ideas and up to date with the most modern tactics in the game.

I like the fact that we are trying to be a progressive football club and that will hold us in good stead as we try to grow the club in the future.

If we create a clear model then it makes it easier for a new manager to step in when one inevitably moves on. It’s what Brighton did with Potter / De Zerbi and what we are hopefully going to do with Buckingham when he takes over.

Well having read all of this I sincerely hope that the board will make their final decision based on irrational prejudices, and bizarre preconceived notions.

Interviews are for losers.
That's absolutly why I've thrown my own hat in the ring and started spreading rumours of my astonishing Championship Manager 2001/2002 stats all over TwitteX!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom