Manager/Coach Life After Manning - New Manager Search

Who do you want as the next OUFC manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone is getting a bit caught up on the 'release fees', whether that be Manning, Buckingham or whoever. In most cases they've been rumoured once and taken as gospel (like a lot of rumours on here). They probably just refer to an amount that a club would be willing to accept, or the outstanding value of the contract owed to the manager.

In either case, it won't count against of profit-and-loss balance (or FFP or whatever it's called). If the board have conducted a thorough interviewing process, have found their man and are happy to fund getting them, than I'm happy.

McCarthys assistant manager At Crystal Palace and Andrew Crofts has been intrim manager at Brighton.
I have no problem if the club go for Des Buckingham, I see the romance in the homecoming . And have no doubt he’s a good coach.
But we’re comparing Premier league against Indian league.
A bit like chosen between Andy Sinnott and Shaun Bradford
Crofts was about the only member of coaching staff that stayed at Brighton so wasn't exactly on merit.
Mccarthy again no experience as a head coach .
Des wasn't the romantic choice for Celtic Charlton or Lincoln but was in consideration.
Where had that 'Big Ange ' guy worked before ? No experience of premier league but seems to be doing well .

Except that Buckingham has been successful in the A-League & also with New Zealand. Good coaches they may be, but McCarthy and Crofts have more to prove, seeing as they never have actually been the no1 man.
In quality the equivilant of the conference, and pay hundreds of thousands for the privilage? Pray for Crofts or Macarthy.

The new regime are so much better at keeping things confidential. Previously we’ve known contract length and even salary but now we merely hear “long term” deal. I don’t believe even those that think they’re itk have the slightest idea. It’s fun to speculate but we really have no idea how much we got for Manning and how much we’re going to pay out.

The new regime are so much better at keeping things confidential. Previously we’ve known contract length and even salary but now we merely hear “long term” deal. I don’t believe even those that think they’re itk have the slightest idea. It’s fun to speculate but we really have no idea how much we got for Manning and how much we’re going to pay out.
To be fair, they’ve done brilliantly to keep the whole process completely under wraps. Nobody has a clue who the new person is going to be.

Well I can definitely state that's it's not me taking over so you can rule me out as officially retired so that's me of the list. 🤫😏

To be fair, they’ve done brilliantly to keep the whole process completely under wraps. Nobody has a clue who the new person is going to be.
Really that’s the bare minimum that you’d expect. It’s hard to hide the names of people who turn up for physical interviews, but otherwise senior people shouldn’t be leaking to anyone. The people posing as ITK on this appear to be teenagers.

Understand Charlton have been denied permission to speak with Mumbai City head coach Des Buckingham. City Football Group don't want to lose Buckingham and blocked Charlton's approach even though Charlton agreed to meet the relevant compensation demands.”

Re the Charlton interest in Buckingham, the above is what was previously reported. The article also make the point that they would need Buckingham to push to leave.

So perhaps Buckingham is now saying he would like to move or at least speak to other clubs, whereas previously when Charlton were interested that wasn’t the case.

The lure of his home town club is probably very strong and Mumbai recognise this, and that’s why we’re now at the negotiating stage?

We are clearly not the only British club interested in Buckingham, however being Oxford United puts us in a unique position to be able to acquire his services.

McCarthy it is then!

I think everyone is getting a bit caught up on the 'release fees', whether that be Manning, Buckingham or whoever. In most cases they've been rumoured once and taken as gospel (like a lot of rumours on here). They probably just refer to an amount that a club would be willing to accept, or the outstanding value of the contract owed to the manager.

In either case, it won't count against of profit-and-loss balance (or FFP or whatever it's called). If the board have conducted a thorough interviewing process, have found their man and are happy to fund getting them, than I'm happy.

I don't think it's necessarily people getting 'caught up' on the release fees. Certainly from my POV, i am a ST and thus a minor stakeholder in the club. It is important to me, that we remain as financially viable as is possible in the current climate.

You reference the FFP and the fact the cost of any release fee/compo won't count towards it. That is correct, but the cost of getting the 'chosen one' out of his contract will still need to be paid for. Are we expecting that substantial amount to be written off by our generous owners, or is it going to be added to the debt attributed to the club?

I don't think it is unreasonable for supporters to have a degree of nervousness around the expenditure that is rumoured to be required, should the manager be Des Buckingham. Actually, i would regard it as diligent by those supporters and it isn't something that should merely be overlooked.

Understand Charlton have been denied permission to speak with Mumbai City head coach Des Buckingham. City Football Group don't want to lose Buckingham and blocked Charlton's approach even though Charlton agreed to meet the relevant compensation demands.”

Re the Charlton interest in Buckingham, the above is what was previously reported. The article also make the point that they would need Buckingham to push to leave.

So perhaps Buckingham is now saying he would like to move or at least speak to other clubs, whereas previously when Charlton were interested that wasn’t the case.

The lure of his home town club is probably very strong and Mumbai recognise this, and that’s why we’re now at the negotiating stage?

We are clearly not the only British club interested in Buckingham, however being Oxford United puts us in a unique position to be able to acquire his services.

McCarthy it is then!
Interesting.
I would think that being Oxford, plus the teams currently squad and league position, may be a reason for DB to be more keen on this move than the Charlon one.
Hopefully not long to wait now

Helps that we’re second too I’m sure

Des, Eustace, Crofts interviewed 2/3 more to go before second round

Williams, nothing yet.

Friday/Saturday the aim.
I’m not claiming I’m ITK, but the info I was passed was this. ^

This was before Crofts name was mentioned it even in the betting odds, and was also going against the speculation with Williams.

I’m not saying I know what’s going on as I truly believe it’s a very very small circle that do, but I’m only passing on what I’ve heard :)

Take it with a pinch of salt, but I’d imagine based on this info, signed and finalised today announcement tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom