Manager/Coach Life After Manning - New Manager Search

Who do you want as the next OUFC manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the reality of currently having one of the worst stadiums in England in a crap location and being a club who haven't been in the top two divisions for about 25 years kind of supersedes that for a lot of people.
Agreed, I think there's a fair few Oxford fans who don't realise just how attractive a gig this is, managers want time and financial backing and we've shown we'll provide that in spades. My preference is still Buckingham but there will be loads of good applicants. I'd also be happy with Williams but even that is more ambitious than it appears on the face of it. He's been there a while and done a good job and all their fans say how everything is set up to help him as much as possible, it would take a good sell to get him to leave that to only step up one division (as things stand). Notts County have got plenty of money so getting him out at all wouldn't be a picnic.

Plus then he'll know he also has to come hear and face the wrath of a load of our fans having shown himself to be disloyal.

Without wanting to sound too pessimistic…

Buckingham’s odds are shortening rapidly again at Lincoln (currently 1/3)

If we’ve missed out on him and can’t prise Williams out of Notts County, you start to look at the rest of the list and wondering who we’ll go for.

Eustace would be decent but doesn’t really represent continuity, and I can’t get excited about the likes of Holden or Richardson who are starting to look like a list of ‘usual suspects’

I’m beginning to think we’ll end up with a young academy coach who has been nowhere near in the betting.

Buckingham’s odds are shortening rapidly again at Lincoln (currently 1/3)

If we’ve missed out on him and can’t prise Williams out of Notts County, you start to look at the rest of the list and wondering
That does seem a little pessimistic!
We are a better option for Buckingham than Lincoln.
Apparently the first interviews are just about done and the plan is to have the new manager in before Cheltenham .
As we know the bookies odds are normally nonsense

No worries mate. To make up for it, tell us who the new manager is, the length of the contract they’re signing, how much they’re on and what time they are getting announced🤝

Edit: And find out if they can afford a house in Oxfordshire

I honestly don’t know.

I would be a tad surprised if it wasn’t an appointment in the mould of a McCarthy, Grant or Mason type.

Buckingham is without doubt in the conversation but I wonder if the logistics of getting him and his assistant out of India might prove to be a stumbling block.

I honestly don’t know.

I would be a tad surprised if it wasn’t an appointment in the mould of a McCarthy, Grant or Mason type.

Buckingham is without doubt in the conversation but I wonder if the logistics of getting him and his assistant out of India might prove to be a stumbling block.
Not think Luke Williams is in with a shout? Seems like a great fit.

The bookies odds are usually nonsense although I did hear last week that Notts County manager had already been interviewed. I’d be happy with him as Langstaff might join him. Call me a sentimentalist but I’d love Buckingham to come to Oxford

Matt Taylor now available. Did a superb job at Exeter before struggling like many other managers do at Rotherham

I was about to add that Matt Taylor was born in Oxford, but then realized that that's the Shrewsbury one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom