Manager/Coach Life After Manning - New Manager Search

Who do you want as the next OUFC manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke Williams or Des Buckingham would be really good appointments, not only because they're really promising young managers, but they would both show a real intent by our board.

I'm not sure how much weight you can put on the tweet last week that suggested that Buckingham's buy out clause was £1m. But we will be using the compensation we got for Manning (and likely a few quid more) plus he will be on a very decent wage for league one. Equally, Luke Williams is on a long term contract at Notts County and will be on league one wages already. He certainly won't be a cheap option either.

Either come in then we can say for certain that this isn't a board worrying about not getting the stadium approved! This will be proof that we're "going for it" at every level.

Last edited:
I can’t remember who they lost to in play offs but it was a tepid, lame performance from Derby. No functionality and the players were flat, not up for it at all. Said a lot about Lampard and his ability to prepare a team for the big occasion. Done nothing whatsoever to change that in three subsequent managerial stints. I’d genuinely rather have Holden, Wilder or pretty much any other manager mentioned than see Lampard here.
Wasn’t it Leeds, as part of spy-gate?

I haven't seen this mentioned on here so just to add... Dean Holden was in the stands yesterday so don't rule him out.

Grant Ferguson, Tiger, Tim Williams and Ed Waldron were together in the boardroom before and after the game. Don't know if this means anything, probably just a good opportunity to have lunch together.

I haven't seen this mentioned on here so just to add... Dean Holden was in the stands yesterday so don't rule him out.

Grant Ferguson, Tiger, Tim Williams and Ed Waldron were together in the boardroom before and after the game. Don't know if this means anything, probably just a good opportunity to have lunch together.

I'd be amazed if Dean Holden hadn't applied for the position, but would hope that we're looking at far better candidates. And Colin had said that Grant and Tiger would be returning to complete recruitment.

Does anyone know a likely timeframe for an announcement? Around 19/20th maybe?

It will likely depend on who it is. Anyone out of contract will be fairly straight forward, but Buckingham or Williams for example would involve compensation payments etc, and maybe for backroom staff too. Unless anyone picks up injuries, we could probably go into the Cheltenham game with the same starting line up as yesterday, so we don't need to rush this.

We need to get this done right, not quick. Although I'm sure we'll have someone in for Cheltenham, even if they're not actively involved in the preparation at that stage.

Unless anyone picks up injuries, we could probably go into the Cheltenham game with the same starting line up as yesterday, so we don't need to rush this.
If it was indeed Moore's 5th yellow yesterday, then we might have an enforced change!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom