Manager/Coach Life After Manning - New Manager Search

Who do you want as the next OUFC manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair he inherited that squad and did remarkable keeping them up. In the summer Bellingham was sold. The getting a silk purse out of a sows ear was the definition of their position in that league this season. Totally agree he is not the right guy if that is his preferred style but when at Kidderminster his style was called the non loan Barcelona.
He sounds very clever if you accept the squad you have been given cannot play an expansive style and adapt. The new owners were simply waiting for their preferred name to become available before really investing. It sounds as if he was shafted by the new ownership.
The squad Eustace inherited was whoever was there at the end of the 21-22 season. He had 3 transfer windows and there were plenty of players in and out during those windows so it's not the squad he was 'given', it's his squad.
One example of the first players he signed in July '22 was John Ruddy - good goalkeeper no doubt - but his sweeper keeper credentials are up there with Simon Eastwood's.
He had plenty of opportunity to change the dull, dour, defensive but functional style of Birmingham but chose not to, in favour of continuing the same old default style they've played for years (as I said, I don't follow Birmingham closely, most of these comments are based on what a couple of season ticket holders at St Andrews have told me).
His Kidderminster record is interesting albeit several years ago at a much lower level. It just begs the question why he didn't try this at the level that we aspire to.
After what's been drummed into our players the last 6 months, I just don't think we can afford to change style mid season;
And I haven't seen enough evidence to show that appointing Eustace wouldn't require us to do so (but that's a job for Tim and Grant).

I understand that, because of the manager situation, Grant Ferguson, and some of the others, will be over this week and at the Leyton Orient match. I don't think we'll hang about with this.
I’ll let the course marshal know.

I took a screenshot of the top 10-15 names just before we recorded T'Manor last night. And have had another look at 16:00 just before posting this
Green Shading = Odds dropped compared to last look
Red Shading = Odds increased compared to last look
No Shading = Odds stayed the same compared to last look

This is only comparing directly my two looks. What happened in between is not recorded.

1699459801977.png

I took a screenshot of the top 10-15 names just before we recorded T'Manor last night. And have had another look at 16:00 just before posting this

This is only comparing directly my two looks. What happened in between is not recorded.

View attachment 16630
What is it with Dean bloody Holden..? He shot to the top of the list last time. Does he (or his agent) have links with someone at the club..?

While I like the idea of Buckingham, it’s ten years since he really worked the EFL. At this stage with us being in such a promising promotion position, maybe we need someone who is working in the league now or very recently. Eustace would be my choice.
Managing the massive Mumbai City apparently. Totally unproven in the EFL then, yet people think he’s the answer.

What is it with Dean bloody Holden..? He shot to the top of the list last time. Does he (or his agent) have links with someone at the club..?
He has been on a couple of podcasts recently, so is probably in people's minds. (Quite impressed with how he came across to be fair)
Use of socials and media to stay relevant - who does that remind you of....

View attachment 16630
Nice but shouldn't the colours be the other way round? Ie improving favourite = green and falling back = red?

He has been on a couple of podcasts recently, so is probably in people's minds. (Quite impressed with how he came across to be fair)
Use of socials and media to stay relevant - who does that remind you of....
Comes across as a really genuine bloke and has suffered a lot of tragedy in his personal life.

I imagine he would interview very welI.

Would I want him as coach here, absolutely not. Has had more than enough chance to showcase what he is about and not done anything really. Sacked at Oldham, Bristol & Charlton.

Given Eustace got triggered by Birmingham, one assumes he is on a fairly hefty severance payoff that we will have to match or at least make it worth his while. Will definitely not come cheap.

Comes across as a really genuine bloke and has suffered a lot of tragedy in his personal life.

I imagine he would interview very welI.

Would I want him as coach here, absolutely not. Has had more than enough chance to showcase what he is about and not done anything really. Sacked at Oldham, Bristol & Charlton.
I’m sure he’s a nice guy and was unaware of his personal issues but he put me off when he rocked up at our place in a skinny white tea shirt, peddlepushers and espadrilles earlier in the season.

But then I’m probably just jealous that I’m too old and fat to carry the look off…

Given Eustace got triggered by Birmingham, one assumes he is on a fairly hefty severance payoff that we will have to match or at least make it worth his while. Will definitely not come cheap.
I also wonder if he's waiting in case Coventry becomes available. Only outside of the relegation zone on goal difference, used to play for them and I assume he still lives in the area having been at Brum.

I understand that, because of the manager situation, Grant Ferguson, and some of the others, will be over this week and at the Leyton Orient match. I don't think we'll hang about with this.
How the hell did they manage to get a ticket!? 😉

The new manager could have quite a short term job on his hands.
Manning has taken Hogg and it sounds as if he wants to take the analytical guy we took from Arsenal as well as maybe the GK coach.
Let's see if that pans out, but not ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom