Manager/Coach Life After Manning - New Manager Search

Who do you want as the next OUFC manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Matt Taylor at Shrewsbury ? Beat Bolton tonight would add to his CV ! Lives in Denchworth, I think, so bound to be a job that would appeal to him. Probably not done enough for me though, disappointing at Walsall and while he's doing OK at Shrewsbury there's always going to be a limit to what he can achieve there.
Nice going - you've both argued for and against him in the same post.

Last edited:
Ex Scum. Never in a million years
Joey Beauchamp played for Swindon. I just want someone capable of doing the job, I hate Swindon as much as everyone else but I couldn't be so pathetic as to ignore a competent applicant just because he's turned out for them a few years ago. By the way, not saying Taylor is. I wouldn't want him but the Swindon connection has nothing to do with it.

What about Matt Taylor at Shrewsbury ? Beat Bolton tonight would add to his CV ! Lives in Denchworth, I think, so bound to be a job that would appeal to him. Probably not done enough for me though, disappointing at Walsall and while he's doing OK at Shrewsbury there's always going to be a limit to what he can achieve there.

His Shrewsbury side weren't very good. Admittedly, staying up is their aim most seasons but we went through them in barely second gear.

Dishy Des Buckingham would be interesting.

Ex-Scum but Richie Wellens to perhaps aim for more with us over Leyton Orient?

I suggested Andy Woodman in the other thread yesterday. He played for us, and he was quite recently a goalkeeping coach at Arsenal, so that connection could be useful in terms of bringing in loan/young players. He's doing a very good job at Bromley and they play attractive football.
That's not a bad shout actually. Although I can see a naysayer pointing out Bromley play on an artificial pitch

It won't happen anyway but I'd happily have had Emma Hayes as our manager. She has a very good record and you only had to listen to her on TV to know that she knows her stuff.
If we're recommending people without experience of managing or playing in the men's game then I would also like to put forward Mark "the Beast" Labbett from ITV's The Chase.

Mark has an incredible record on The Chase and he certainly knows his stuff.

If we're recommending people without experience of managing or playing in the men's game then I would also like to put forward Mark "the Beast" Labbett from ITV's The Chase.

Mark has an incredible record on The Chase and he certainly knows his stuff.
I like your thinking and there's certainly something Evansesque about him.

I would prefer an up and coming manager.
Buckingham , Luke Williams.
If we go for a more experienced manager what about Pearson? Plays good football and would love to finish above Bristol City next seadon!

That's not a bad shout actually. Although I can see a naysayer pointing out Bromley play on an artificial pitch
I think he's a bit old school isn't he? I like him and his personality aftet having read his book but Ithink it would mess with the players too much to lurch to usch a different type of person

I’ve been saying Pete Wild as a good option from Barrow if we want a coach with a similar ethos and energy.

Not sure about the likes of Rowett, Monk etc. Feel a bit journeyman to me now, five or six years ago definitely but their stock has dropped. Considering it's the same board picking this manager I'll be surprised if they deviate too far away from another Manning type manager albeit one with a degree of loyalty. I think we will swerve the big names as well as those in the 50+ bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom