Manager/Coach Life After Manning - New Manager Search

Who do you want as the next OUFC manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow there are some left field suggestions (I assume not fully serious) on here! Sam Baldock? ‘Cos he speaks well and looks like a nice friendly chap? Taylor at Shrewsbury????? Haven’t they scored about 7 or 8 goals this season and that includes 5 wins, but of course he’s local so must be a candidate.
I got a B in my English GCSE and live about 45 minutes away if the A34 behaves. CV. Sent

In that respect, I'm surprised noone has suggest Andy Whing!

(to be fair, he does seem to be doing decently well at Solihull after doing epically well at Banbury)

Gary Rowett isn’t on the sack race list. I’d be very happy with him as he is proven elsewhere.
He certainly had Burton buzzing and seemed unlucky at Stoke City when he wasn’t given much time

Gary Rowett isn’t on the sack race list. I’d be very happy with him as he is proven elsewhere.
He certainly had Burton buzzing and seemed unlucky at Stoke City when he wasn’t given much time
He also got Millwall pushing for the playoffs. They got rid of him mostly because he wasn't playing the cultured football that Bermondsey expects

Didn't Barry-Murphy get Rochdale relegated in his only senior management gig?

I know they were arguably punching above their weight in League One, but it was surely Keith Hill that got them there and Barry-Murphy that let it slide.

Being a decent coach for Man City's kids doesn't necessarily make him a good League One manager.......

Not knowing a great deal I would just like whoever is most like Liam Manning and able to continue the way we are playing…

The board did well recruiting him last season and backing him in the summer so I trust them to recruit well again.

Mentioned it in the other thread but if we are thinking left field then perhaps the Board might look at someone like Ryan Mason at Spurs.

Of those mentioned, Buckingham seems to fit the profile of what was deemed desirable last time around.

You’d expect Warburton to be considered again this time around, too.

Didn't Barry-Murphy get Rochdale relegated in his only senior management gig?

I know they were arguably punching above their weight in League One, but it was surely Keith Hill that got them there and Barry-Murphy that let it slide.

Being a decent coach for Man City's kids doesn't necessarily make him a good League One manager.......
They played a very attacking game which led to them leaking a lot of goals. If he has learnt to organise a defence he could be a very good option.

Could we get someone line Ryan Mason? All the badges, well connected..in the Michael Carrick mode of appointment..

Could we get someone line Ryan Mason? All the badges, well connected..in the Michael Carrick mode of appointment..
The thing that worries me about these sort of names is how desperate will they be to scramble over us on their way to the top? No more short term stepping stone appointments please..

The thing that worries me about these sort of names is how desperate will they be to scramble over us on their way to the top? No more short term stepping stone appointments please..

I’d much rather have that scenario. Someone who is hungry, ambitious and who wants to take that next step in their career. Rather than a Steve Bruce/Mark Hughes/Gary Monk type.

Yeah, you may occasionally get burnt like we have this time but, a journeyman type does nothing to excite me at all. We’d be just another club in a long line of managerial merry go rounds for the names i mentioned.

That for me is why Buckingham has a different layer to it.

There’s always a risk a manager ups and leaves but Buckingham would at least think twice and feel a warm fuzzy feeling that might just keep him around longer than most.

Additionally, he clearly likes a project given the work he’s been doing for a few years a long way from home. I doubt we’d be the first to enquire of his availability so the fact he’s stuck it out there for so long suggests he’s not as transactional as most.

Lee Bowyer in the crowd tonight.

Anyone know if any of our players have grandparents from Montserrat?

Believe that's what Bowyer is doing nowadays.......

I'm not joking by the way - he is the manager of Montserrat, and they appear to have been following the 1998 Jamaica model of finding any professional English player that has any familial ties to the island and fancies a bit of international football. He genuinely could be working on one of our players, rather than trying to win our coaching gig (because......yeah, no......)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom