Ex-Staff Liam Manning

Imagine being such pathetic little cowards, that you go into the training ground early, to clear your desks before the players arrive, leg it, and then plan to speak to them via zoom!

What embarrassing little wimps. I hope the players told them to shove their pathetic, cowardly little zoom call up their rat arses.

And to think, they had probably built personal and emotional connections with some of those players, only to drop them like a stone and abandon them as soon as another clubs flashes it's tits at them.

To be honest, I'm glad they've shown their true colours now, and fucked off, before they had the chance to become a meaningful part of the history of our club.

Devious, deceitful little cowards.
Maybe Williams told them to go early ?

I just watched a video on you tube by Bristol fans, & they said if he has a touch of success, he'll use them as a stepping stone & be off.
Fairplay to them for being clued up & not so naive ....
Manning was definitely what we needed when he came in. He brought order where there had previously been chaos and galvanised everyone at the club
I'm actually quite surprised at what he's done now. I really didn't expect it.
A managerial version of how the appalling Craig Bellamy was as a player, a total mercenary with no allegiance to anyone except himself

Didn’t take long for you to start singing his praises again, though.
Myself and a few others have pointed out a few of Robinson’s achievements while here and also the fact, no matter how bad things got, he still had the manners to thank the club and supporters, something Manning didn’t feel was necessary.

The reason a few have pointed these things out is because some seem to think Manning has achieved something in his managerial career while also stating Robinson never achieved anything.

People can hate the way it ended in Robinson’s final year while also acknowledging that it wasn’t all bad. It doesn’t need to be a case of having to have 1 view only.

Just like we can be grateful to Manning for keeping us up while also thinking he is a horrible little snake that talks out his a**e and is one of the most fake people we have had manage us in a long while.

Myself and a few others have pointed out a few of Robinson’s achievements while here and also the fact, no matter how bad things got, he still had the manners to thank the club and supporters, something Manning didn’t feel was necessary.

The reason a few have pointed these things out is because some seem to think Manning has achieved something in his managerial career while also stating Robinson never achieved anything.

People can hate the way it ended in Robinson’s final year while also acknowledging that it wasn’t all bad. It doesn’t need to be a case of having to have 1 view only.

Just like we can be grateful to Manning for keeping us up while also thinking he is a horrible little snake that talks out his a**e and is one of the most fake people we have
There is some truth in that
I didn't like the man Robinson became in the last year or so
It seemed we had the antidote in Manning but it appears we put a bit too much faith in him

Just like we can be grateful to Manning for keeping us up while also thinking he is a horrible little snake that talks out his a**e and is one of the most fake people we have had manage us in a long while.
I agree with what you say re people rewriting history, but that last sentence will cause a few chuckles

I am not a conspiracy theorist but I do wonder if Mannings departure was due to factors other than money and his desire for medium term contract security. I just feel he didn’t buy into the Oxford project in the same way that we the fans do, albeit that ours is unequivocal blind faith! We don’t know for sure what promises the Board made to Manning about funds for the January transfer window ( do we know for a fact that there was a further £400k available in the summer?). I also can’t help thinking that maybe Manning was the only one of the shortlist following KR’s departure that was prepared to accept the conditions that the Board may have imposed as a condition of accepting the position of Head Coach (such as the right to terminate the contract in the event of relegation last season) (hands up I hoped Appleton would get the job - he and Mark Thomas did a great job and would, I believe, have taken the club to the Championship had Eales not run out of money)
However we have no choice other than to move on and here I would feel much more confident about getting the right replacement were we to have a D of F in place. I gather Faz may have played a part in identifying Manning in which case I hope he assists Grant and Tim this time around as I’m not convinced they have the footballing credentials to select the right candidate. Without a D of F I consider we need a hybrid manager/head coach (for me Manning was a head coach) who can aim to establish us as a Championship club over the next 5 or so seasons before we start dreaming of the possibility of emulating the success enjoyed by the likes of Brighton/Brentford/Luton and in this respect the Board missed a real opportunity with Mous! I am not going to suggest a name for now as I know nothing of Des Buckingham (who seems to be the forum favourite) or enough of Eustace (possibly the best qualified/fit of the outwork managers) but I just hope the Board acts reasonably quickly so that we can maintain our exciting start to the season.

For those looking for a new description of our now ex-manager, may I recommend today's Phrazle game (3,6,3,2,5)

A couple of phrases that Manning used upon joining us and Bristol City is "while we're here" and "leaving the club in a better place than how we found it" - I find that slightly odd on the day you actually join. Of course both comments, factually, make sense but there's a sounding of short termism in both in my opinion. Don't say it, they are comments that don't need to be made. He's a man of cliches and soundbites, we know that, but perhaps he needs to revisit his corporate handbook and come up with better than this.

For those looking for a new description of our now ex-manager, may I recommend today's Phrazle game (3,6,3,2,5)

Maybe cos I’m in a different time zone, my phrazle is (3,3,4) which loosely describes my mood.

Maybe cos I’m in a different time zone, my phrazle is (3,3,4) which loosely describes my mood.
Regards to WA. I was lucky enough to be there on holiday in October 2000.

I will give the answer tomorrow in case anyone wants a go first.

Back
Top Bottom