Matches Last six matches

Better performance against Pompey, but looks to be going to the wire versus Accy. OK, Barnsley are in the play off zone rather than seeking automatic promotion, but they're still a quality side (Barnsley 2 OUFC 0). Can see a further draw v Cheltenham, and another at FGR who have nothing to lose now. Can we conjure up some striking skills v Accy? I can see another desperate draw = 44 points total.

So can Cambridge make 45 points? They've still to play Accy and FGR themselves. So who knows?
I think we'll win at FGR Pete - you say 'nothing to lose', I say 'nothing to play for and all a bit depressed with life' and they have not exactly shown themselves to be a quality side this season.

We really should have won today - comfortably.

So very disappointing, but in context the other results were very good for us.

6 to 7 points should still be enough. FGR are down and Accrington could be by the time we play them.
It will be close, but play like we dud against Bolton in tye second half and v Pompey and there us no reason we can't beat FGR and Accrington

We really should have won today - comfortably.

So very disappointing, but in context the other results were very good for us.

6 to 7 points should still be enough. FGR are down and Accrington could be by the time we play them.
It will be close, but play like we dud against Bolton in tye second half and v Pompey and there us no reason we can't beat FGR and Accrington
Yes they could as their next two games are Pompey and Bolton (a). They then play Cambridge though so ideal is for them to still have something to play for on 29 April and beat Cambridge whilst we win at FGR to still send them down and play against relegated sides in the last two matches.

On the assumption that Cambridge lose on Saturday at Plymouth, tthen the maximum they can do is to get 49 points.

Hopefully Accrington take at least a point from them which would mean a maximum of 47 points. This is the most likely I would have thought.

That would leave us needing 2 wins to stay up. That could well be against 2 teams already relegated. Of course we have not won for 16, but Accrington and FGR are far worse sides than Peterborough, Pompey and Wednesday.
Getting a win in the next couple of games would take the pressure off big time

Of course we have not won for 16, but Accrington and FGR are far worse sides than Peterborough, Pompey and Wednesday.
Accrington might be awful, but we are counting on them not losing to Cambridge in that scenario

Back
Top Bottom