Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it is.

We are in free fall, the whole vibe around the club is shambolic, and our manager shows no signs of changing his ethos in any way, and it's this naive arrogance and stubbornness that has cost us promotion in previous seasons, and now could result in our relegation this season.

We don't need a huge amount to stay up this season, but we do need a manager capable of getting us what we do need, and it certainly doesn't look as though KR is the man for that, everything's a mess, he's clearly out of ideas and lacking focus and cohesion, and everything has gone stale and toxic, it's all rotten to the core.

TW seems to be burying his head in the sand, and simply hoping for the best, hoping we manage to stumble over the line, but that's incredibly naive, as we've been incredibly poor all season, and we're now consistently losing games, not scoring, and we're leaking goals, with a clueless clown for a manager, refusing to change, it's a sure recipe for relegation, and it needs fixing, now.

A new manager could holt the rot, get underperforming players performing again, and get us the points we need to stay up, whilst having a good look at the current squad in the process, he will then be settled at the club, before then having the entire summer to recruit, and ring in the changes needed for a promotion push next season.

By sticking with KR, TW is allowing this shambles to continue, and as a result there's only one way we're heading, so why not make the change now, before it's too late?
Exactly this👆

This is actually sensible, for a change. I can understand that; if only he’d said something like that in the forum rather than appeal to fans to buy us out the gutter.

However, it’s not a moot point to question inaction earlier in the season as our form has been awful long before this season and the summer window was appalling, again. KR should have been under the microscope with Tim right from game one as he was already on thin ice as last season closed. Once compounded by January’s inactivity and 1 point from a very decent run of games… It’s pretty inexcusable not to have seen the possibility this might happen and have a plan for it. Or, better yet, cut losses with Karl sooner and give a new manager plenty of games and a January window to steady the ship. Instead, we’re almost hoping 4 teams will be worse than we are to see this home. How embarrassing.

What he’s basically saying is we’re stuck and crossing every limb we aren’t forced to change it now as Karl has left the job so unattractive that we’ll struggle to replace him now. Should’ve thought about that before Mous left, perhaps.

The lack of foresight through this season has been painful. Reactive rather than proactive. This is where it lands you.
I think KR has been incredibly lucky that there was a change of ownership and TW and GF were just getting there feet under the table at a time when, at any other club, he would’ve got the bullet.

Without wanting to turn into Sir Alan, if an objective is missed, I ask myself could I have done more.

Were there personal issues? Were they self inflicted?.

If I've given them everything they've asked for funding wise, the biggest budget ever to deliver their project, and they've spent it on shite, pissed off a lot of the project team and other senior managers, having missed their targets last year......

It's not a hard decision to make happen, 100k or not.
I agree with you on the Oxford Utd front, but if you offload people after 3 months with the so black & white approach it want long before you’ll struggle to recruit or gain the title as a hire & fire director or worse!!

I think you may have interpreted that as me saying I’m supportive - nothing could be further from the truth. Apologies. In my eyes he was indecisive when there was an opportunity to grab the bull by the horns in October and make this his club - lead. He rolled over like a labrador and is now at Karl’s feet hoping he has enough to keep us up. Poor. Regretful. But whether you or I agree or disagree, that’s a much clearer indication of his thinking than the five minute forum which taught us precisely nothing that related to the future of the team, in my opinion.
I actually agree with the rest of your post, KR should've been sacked months ago, so a new manager could've come in, and made changes in January. An almost amateurish mistake from TW.

But I don't agree that it's a sensible idea to resist sacking him now, simply because there would be limited options, or time and no transfer window available to any new manager coming in.

I refuse to believe any new manager would be as tactically inept as KR, or surrounded by such an embarrassing soap opera, I believe a new manager would be able to get certain players performing again, enough to turn things around and keep us up, whilst already then planning for next season.

KR is not a very good manager, who has created this mess, and his personal life also seems to be in tatters, again, all of his own doing, and with our form showing no signs of improving, that's not the kind of manager I want leading us as we try to avoid, or God forbid, get sucked into a relegation scrap.

Last edited:
Goes without saying one should confront KR personally. I was out of order back in the day, when I disagreed with Nobby Horton's subs. He rightly told me to Eff Off. When I reflected I realised what a knob i'd been. KR is not everyone's cup of tea but he is not intentionally losing matches. If we lose tomorrow yes I would sack him, but if we do he should be treated with respect, it’s up to the powers to sack him.
I cannot say the same with the way I reacted towards Kemp! And don’t regret it either!!

Last edited:
I actually agree with the rest of your post, KR should've been sacked months ago, so a new manager could've come in, and made changes in January. An almost amateurish mistake from TW.

But I don't agree that it's a sensible idea to resist sacking him now, simply because there would be limited options, time and no transfer window available to any new manager coming in.

I refuse to believe any new manager would be as tactically inept as KR, or surrounded by such an embarrassing soap opera, I believe a new manager would be able to get certain players performing again, enough to turn things around and keep us up, whilst already then planning for next season.

KR is not a very good manager, who has created this mess, and his personal life also seems to be in tatters, again, all of his own doing, and with our form showing no signs of improving, that's not the kind of manager I want leading us as we try to avoid, or God forbid, get sucked into a relegation scrap.
My choice of words was wrong - his decision isn't sensible, but the way he conveyed it on that day was far better than on the forum. I've felt with every passing game there was more reason to get rid of him as I think the feel-good bounce of having him out the building alone would keep us up. Tactically, what would we miss? A chimp could throw this 433 together he persists with and continue to make it up as we go along. But in the absence of a tactical plan, confidence and any kind of structure/cohesion, we are in all kinds of trouble.

I love the management advice on here.

If people get fired for not hitting all their objectives, then they don't have much incentive to set challenging objectives. So much for taking risks, encouraging creativity and asking people to push to the full extent of their capabilities.

Not to mention the idea that things can go wrong for factors outside of their control.

Hard work is good. Results are better. Showing is better than telling. There is room for nuance, and managing people with six figure salaries is a separate business.
Bloody hell every body I know would be unemployable & never work again😁

And especially after 5 years in the job plus 10-11 transfer windows, and add that he never seems to learn from his mistakes
I agree, I think the bump of a new manager, even now so late in the season, would be enough to get us what we need to stay up.

However, we're haemorrhaging points under the current manager, and if it results in us being relegated, it will be just as much on TW as KR.

You know when time's are not going well at OUFC.
The second hand shops, start filling up with Oxford shirts & memorabilia. Seen quite a bit in last few weeks. Last time I see a lot was when we got relegated to the conference. Oh well keep the faith 🤘🤘
P .S Got some good Bargains, I would never get rid of anything Oxford United. When it's old or don't fit it goes into my OUFC chest....

I said before the game yesterday that no decision would be made on that game alone, and I'm led to believe that Robinson will be given until the Plymouth game as a minimum.

For the second time - Learn to read!!!
Sorry, Im getting old I cant.keep up with you young uns'
kr out, kr in.
Possibly out after Plymouth, not out after Plymouth.

The second hand shops, start filling up with Oxford shirts & memorabilia. Seen quite a bit in last few weeks. Last time I see a lot was when we got relegated to the conference. Oh well keep the faith 🤘🤘
P .S Got some good Bargains, I would never get rid of anything Oxford United. When it's old or don't fit it goes into my OUFC chest....
I will never understand people literally throwing their toys out the pram when their team goes on a bad run or have a bad season.
Why would you spend £50 quid on a football shirt to just throw it out because you’ve got the hump with the club.

There is only ever one consistent factor in a football club and that is the fans. Managers, players and owners come and go.

It’s another reason why I just don’t get worked up like some do over the current manager situation. Yes he is underperforming massively and no one is happy with the season but he isn’t going to be here forever and I’d hazard a guess that it will be sooner rather than later.

It’s been a crap season but the first crap season we have had a long time. Doesn’t mean I’m going to suddenly chuck all my memorabilia out that I’ve spent years collecting!

But I don't agree that it's a sensible idea to resist sacking him now, simply because there would be limited options, or time and no transfer window available to any new manager coming in.

Unfortunately TW allowed himself to get too pally with KR and lost perspective and objectivity. KR is obviously quite a domineering type of person. He’s sees the club as his domain and I think he overpowered TW straight away. Just my personal view…

I saw this photo not long after KR was appointed and immediately felt uncomfortable for some reason. It seemed to highlight what type of personality he is. To me it just showed a little bit of overfamiliarity and maybe a little bit of a lack of respect for the Employer/Employee rule? It made Tiger look like some competition winner. But, as I say, that’s just my view, others will see things differently and maybe I am being nitpicky and petty. I’ll accept that if it what people think.

Who cares what type of person he is if we’re winning right? 😁

5DD52771-971F-42BC-B048-BBB0A58B416B.jpeg

A while back I saw a shirt with Mehmeti on the back in the charity shop in Walton St. Almost wish I’d bought it.

A snippet from the lates Oxvox report. Oxvox spoke to Tom Williams at the fa youth cup match

Tim stressed that nobody at the football club was beyond review or replacement. He suggested that finance would never be an issue in that discussion if it was the right thing for the club. He stressed that the owners, the board and the manager were all acutely aware that the situation was not good enough and all understood the expectations of supporters. He also understood the calls for a change of management but said the ongoing process of evaluating that decision was weighed against other factors, such as how long a new manager would have to make a positive effect on this season, who was available at this stage of the season, and how much of an effect a new manager could have without being able to recruit before the end of the season. It is somewhat of a moot point to question why a change couldn’t have been made earlier, but before the recent run we were still looking at a positive run of games to get us into play-off contention.
Some of the risk can be reduced by appointing within the club.

Your all slating Tim Williams but surely he cannot sack karl without the say so of the owners.
It’s something nobody can be sure of but to me, it makes very little sense for owners based permanently overseas to appoint a CEO that does not have full autonomy. Particularly owners that have been involved in football at a much higher level - they surely know the game moves quickly and if you are not decisive in big moments (in so many ways), you lose. You also cannot afford to be too distant and must empower someone to do things as you would. I think if it were just the call of the owners, he’d be gone. They don’t know him. So, on results alone, lost income from games and fan reaction (I.e. the stuff that’s easy to see from wherever they are in the world), they’d remove him. I would suggest Tim has other ideas and is assuring them it is is under control and he should be trusted to remove him when the time is right.

I could be a million miles off it here. But I just cannot comprehend the idea that people of this stature would put someone in situ based permanently under the nose of the manager who cannot make the big calls when they need making. Otherwise, why have a CEO. He would be a CFO or lower.

I will never understand people literally throwing their toys out the pram when their team goes on a bad run or have a bad season.
Why would you spend £50 quid on a football shirt to just throw it out because you’ve got the hump with the club.

There is only ever one consistent factor in a football club and that is the fans. Managers, players and owners come and go.

It’s another reason why I just don’t get worked up like some do over the current manager situation. Yes he is underperforming massively and no one is happy with the season but he isn’t going to be here forever and I’d hazard a guess that it will be sooner rather than later.

It’s been a crap season but the first crap season we have had a long time. Doesn’t mean I’m going to suddenly chuck all my memorabilia out that I’ve spent years collecting!
And why is that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom