Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s got to the stage where a team that scores goals and wins games by whatever means is what should be the aim of g t he club, if a team that has been recruited and set up to play in this fails on AC regular basis it’s time to rethink the master plan(if there was ever such a document)

No, but I did watch us under Atkins.
As I recall under Atkins we were in the top 3 at the turn of the year but fell away after that. Up until that point the football wasn’t great but we were winning,so not many complaints. It was when we were playing the same football but losing that everyone wanted him gone.
Just goes to show what fans will put up with.
Not many Arsenal fans complained when they won the league and didn’t lose. But there were a lot of 1-0 wins and 0-0 draws in there.
Would fans be happy if we were to play like that if it meant we got promotion?

As I recall under Atkins we were in the top 3 at the turn of the year but fell away after that. Up until that point the football wasn’t great but we were winning,so not many complaints. It was when we were playing the same football but losing that everyone wanted him gone.
Just goes to show what fans will put up with.
Not many Arsenal fans complained when they won the league and didn’t lose. But there were a lot of 1-0 wins and 0-0 draws in there.
Would fans be happy if we were to play like that if it meant we got promotion?
That was down to the person holding the keys.

The latter was possibly happening more because very few knew what was going on behind the scenes

Surely the thing is that if your team is playing fairly dull football then it *has* to be winning the vast majority of the time if the crowd isn't going to moan. The winning itself gives pleasure and a rosy glow!

If you are playing attractive, attacking football and winning some, losing some then at least there is entertainment value in watching. But watching dull, losing football is pretty dispiriting.

Would I take solid, dull football if it meant promotion? Yes, I suppose I would. Not sure that's our club DNA really though. It's certainly not something we will see under the current manager.

That was down to the person holding the keys.

The latter was possibly happening more because very few knew what was going on behind the scenes
Yes as ever OGB screws us over.

He did when he bought the club and still is some 25 years later, my god is it really that long

If anyone is to blame for the difficulties we find ourselves in that arsewipe of a man is top of the list

How much money have we paid in rent since we’ve been at Grenoble Road?

No wonder various owners have struggled to get certain players in because you are already half a million down before you start

Yes as ever OGB screws us over.

He did when he bought the club and still is some 25 years later, my god is it really that long

If anyone is to blame for the difficulties we find ourselves in that arsewipe of a man is top of the list

How much money have we paid in rent since we’ve been at Grenoble Road?

No wonder various owners have struggled to get certain players in because you are already half a million down before you start
Just looked up when OGB took over it was 1999 , so 24 years this year

I didn’t realise the date

1st April

that is the longest running April Fools Joke ever ,and unfortunately anyone who has had contact with him have been made to look like fools

Surely the thing is that if your team is playing fairly dull football then it *has* to be winning the vast majority of the time if the crowd isn't going to moan. The winning itself gives pleasure and a rosy glow!

If you are playing attractive, attacking football and winning some, losing some then at least there is entertainment value in watching. But watching dull, losing football is pretty dispiriting.

Would I take solid, dull football if it meant promotion? Yes, I suppose I would. Not sure that's our club DNA really though. It's certainly not something we will see under the current manager.

Have we played attractive football this season?

If we ended up putting on ' entertainment 'like Wycombe do I for one would hand in my season tkt as want to be successful and play football as we always have in the past.
It always amuses me to see this exact message or sentiment expressed time after time on various different club forums. Since Ainsworth took over, we've been one of the most consistently over-achieving teams in the EFL.

You might turn your nose up at our style of play, but it is still hugely entertaining as a fan. Do you think we didn't enjoy the robust wins over you lot in January and October last year? High intensity pressing, tackles and blocks flying in all over, and tricky skilful forwards to attack the defence when the ball gets to them in the final third. Admittedly, the method of getting the ball to the final third often isn't pretty, but we've have been great to watch over the last decade, barring the occasional slump in form

Who says you can't play nice football but also win things? It's more than possible in League One, Karl and his teams can play fantastic football, but you need to 1. be consistent and 2. be able to win ugly.

When we don't play nice football, we quite often get found out. I want a manager that is tactically aware of which approach is right at which times, not just someone that throws 6 half fit wingers on in the hope one of them might sprinkle some magic

Getting rid of Robinson does not mean we turn up the following week going route one

It always amuses me to see this exact message or sentiment expressed time after time on various different club forums. Since Ainsworth took over, we've been one of the most consistently over-achieving teams in the EFL.

You might turn your nose up at our style of play, but it is still hugely entertaining as a fan. Do you think we didn't enjoy the robust wins over you lot in January and October last year? High intensity pressing, tackles and blocks flying in all over, and tricky skilful forwards to attack the defence when the ball gets to them in the final third. Admittedly, the method of getting the ball to the final third often isn't pretty, but we've have been great to watch over the last decade, barring the occasional slump in form

It always amuses me to know that Wycombe fans are searching wide and far on other forums to see if anyone ever actually cares enough to vaguely mention them

It will be very telling how much money our owners are willing to risk in this transfer window. I reckon that, more than anything else, will give us an indication as to Karl’s future with the club.

Thanks for your input Gareth

To be perfectly honest I would rather be in your position than ours at the moment
However I find it amusing that you would take out time to post this on our forum I would make a small bet that other than when we play you nobody on this forum would even bother to look at your forum
Is there an Ainsworth In thread on your forum that I can post on?

The flip side to what everyone’s saying (boring football is maybe only ok IF we’re winning, but exciting football is suitable even when we’re mid table) - Yes I’d actually agree with that, but… is the football we’re playing really that exciting?

In our last 5 games we’ve only scored 4 goals. All season we’ve scored on average 1.2 goals a game.

If our last 5 results had been instead:

OUFC 4-5 Exeter
OUFC 6-2 Charlton
Ipswich 6-3 OUFC
Sheffield Weds 3-3 OUFC
Accrington 4-4 OUFC

(eg same amount of points but 20 goals scored) Then I’d totally get people saying ‘look we are mid table but we bomb forwards, we score goals, yes we’re wide open at the back but how fun are games!’ That I’d totally agree with. But it’s not accurate. We usually seem to score 0, 1 or 2 goals.

I’d like to see us go for broke more, bomb forwards more and sign a new striker who can score goals.

Have we played attractive football this season?
Most of my comment was a general point rather than being this club/manager/season specific.

But - I think the answer is 'occasionally'! The first halves against both Charlton and Exeter featured some attractive football from us (as well as some heart in mouth stuff at the back) but the difference was that we scored in one game and not in the other. We are unable to play decently for anything like 90 minutes, so if we don't score in those periods when we are on top (and we often don't) then we are bang in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom