Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year playing non-league football:

Wycombe - 1993
Oxford - 2010

I think many of us were genuinely impressed that a non-league club managed to be just one game away from the Championship (the evening of 13th July 2020) in merely a decade tbh
I think we should worry about how bad we are instead of Wycombe, who incidentally do very well playing the way that they do.

League One is nowhere near s**t, some of the football played at this level is brilliant, the Championship is better of course, and we all want to get there, but if I had to settle with challenging in League One season after season, I could think of worse things
While I agree that you do see some very good football in this league, the gap between us (mid table dross, league one) and, say Birmingham or Swansea (similar positions, Championship) is vast.

While I agree that you do see some very good football in this league, the gap between us (mid table dross, league one) and, say Birmingham or Swansea (similar positions, Championship) is vast.
And Brighton who are 10th in the Premier League are vastly superior to the likes of Birmingham, I'm not sure on your point, just because there is a gap, it doesn't take away from the quality of League One?

Sadly, unless a huge return on investment was highly anticipated, then shelling out £300K on a lad who has six months of his contract to run, sounds very much, Oxford United.
Two key things here…

1) He’s a 21 year old playing well in the SPL. The upside is potentially much greater than the downside if we did spend that. We’re in need of assets too.

2) I’d rather he was picking between us and Forest Green now than a dozen clubs in the summer, a) because I don’t trust our recruitment team to win that battle and b) it could end up costing us six-figures more for three years on salary anyway.

Sorry for diverting us to the transfer window thread. KR out! Etc.

Yes, exactly this. It's entirely possible to win stuff whilst playing nice football - just look at us under Appleton. I'm not sure why it's developed into a 'win whilst playing crap football or fall short playing nice football' argument when it's never black or white like that.
If you are referring to my reply, it was not meant to imply you couldn't win by playing good football - of course you can. The question was 'would you accept playing "functional" football if that meant winning all the time?'.

I am sure nobody in their right mind would turn down playing attractive football and winning!!!

If you are referring to my reply, it was not meant to imply you couldn't win by playing good football - of course you can. The question was 'would you accept playing "functional" football if that meant winning all the time?'.

I am sure nobody in their right mind would turn down playing attractive football and winning!!!
I like Burnley as a recent example. Sean Dyche is a legend of the club for what he achieved playing underdog-style football. At risk of doing him a disservice, it’s fair to say they adopted a large amount of percentage play and they never moaned, they were proud of it. They always played this way, however had to modify it depending on Premier League or Championship.

Fast forward to Vincent Kompany days and they are top of the league playing excellent football whilst still defensively solid. They’ve moved away from sturdy British veterans for young players in Belgium which seems relatively untapped compared with some (something we could explore?) and I dare say Kompany has changed the standards among Burnley fans for the foreseeable future. If Dyche were ever to return, it would be welcomed with open arms - but only if he continued with Kompany’s mantra of playing on the front foot.

We are not winning while playing not very good football at the moment, I mean unless you are entertained by a toothless attack with no pace. We have even had a forward line of Henry, Taylor and Bodin this season, that was a blast to watch, played four centre backs most of the season, had centre backs as wing backs etc.

We are hardly the great entertainers, look no different to any other run of the mill third division team we come up against.

Not that worried about a new man coming in and changing our style as we don’t have one at the moment, I mean it might be more enjoyable seeing the ball hoofed forward to a centre forward who might actually win the bloody thing rather than our current plan of hoofing it forward to an ageing midget who never does I suppose.

No doubt we will have plenty more drama, as we head into January and the transfer window.

It only took 3 days of January..........

Good luck Mark at Derby County as you head into your new role.

And Brighton who are 10th in the Premier League are vastly superior to the likes of Birmingham, I'm not sure on your point, just because there is a gap, it doesn't take away from the quality of League One?
I suppose my point was that the “quality “ football we see in league one is very much put into perspective by the quality in the league above. I enjoy the rare excursions into attractive attacking football that we sometimes/rarely produce, but it’s slightly worrying when you consider how we’d fare against those teams mid table in the championship.
To produce the quality needed to survive there, we’d have to introduce at least 7/8 new players.

And change the manager.

Top 30 club.

Grant Ferguson/ Tim Williams - do they like fires and play the fiddle?
Did I read something on this forum about stuff happening in the background and TW couldn't say anything yet. DOES anyone have any ideas as to what will be happening

Only on various websites. I've not seen anything official . I could edit my post to say 'Good luck Mark....as you potentially head into .....'.
It’s absolutely crazy timing if true. 3 days into the January transfer window and a story breaks that our head of recruitment is leaving. You couldn’t write half the s**t going on at our club this season! In a word: Chaotic!

It’s absolutely crazy timing if true. 3 days into the January transfer window and a story breaks that our head of recruitment is leaving. You couldn’t write half the s**t going on at our club this season! In a word: Chaotic!

Story breaks doesn't mean the board didn't know about it before hand though. I don't think it will have a massive impact on our transfer buisness this window.

Last year playing non-league football:

Wycombe - 1993
Oxford - 2010

I think many of us were genuinely impressed that a non-league club managed to be just one game away from the Championship (the evening of 13th July 2020) in merely a decade tbh
Jesus, things must be bad, if we're being patronised by a little pikey club, with no discernible history. Robbo out!

Story breaks doesn't mean the board didn't know about it before hand though. I don't think it will have a massive impact on our transfer buisness this window.
Who will be doing the deals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom