Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it's a pretty sorry state of affairs, that we've had to bring a 71 year old out of retirement to save our season, is it not?

For me, the fact it's come to this is enough of a reason to change the whole managerial set up at the club.

It would be if you accepted the argument that Faz is singlehandedly saving our season which I (clearly) don't.

Yes, the managerial setup needs a serious review and improvement - that must go above KR as well though.

You fail to answer the question as there is still a possibility of making the play offs, in fact the last time we did we had got off to a worse start than this season.

So I’ll ask again, if come 5pm 6th May and we are in a the play off positions, would you of enjoyed any of it and be happy?

As for the interviews, I too don’t bother listening to them as it is just sound bites that are never the full truth and never actually tell us anything of note.

Hypothetical question, but if we make the playoffs I will be astounded, and surprised. I would be happy yes, but I don’t think KR is capable of getting us promoted via the top two or the playoffs. He can’t even build a balanced squad, and he’s had 9 attempts/windows to do that.

If he’s given a January window, which is looking likely unfortunately, I don’t have any faith in him succeeding at his 10th window.

It would be if you accepted the argument that Faz is singlehandedly saving our season which I (clearly) don't.

Yes, the managerial setup needs a serious review and improvement - that must go above KR as well though.
But this brings me back to my original post on this subject, that it can't be a coincidence that our upturn in form has coincided with Faz returning and taking over training.

I'm by no means saying that after a handful of results, Faz has saved our season, but his return has certainly stopped the rot, and for that he deserves the lion's share of the praise.

But this is no way to run the footballing side of things at the club, as we now have KR, Short, Blackmore-Such, Brown, Mous, and now Faz all on the coaching staff!

It's a right mess, and "Too many cooks" comes to mind.

We’re outspending two of those clubs despite failing to spend a good chunk of the budget and aren’t a million miles short of the third. We’ve got the richest board in the division.

Our fan base really needs to stop defaulting to, “But we’re only Oxford” ASAP.

Derby - on a ‘12k a week’ wage cap & not allowed to spend transfer fees. They’re spending a far bigger amount on wages compared to us but we spent over half a million pound on transfer fees, something they couldn’t do.

Pompey - who made playing squad budget cuts with Fratton Park redevelopment top of their priority. Fans were very vocal against ownership this summer over the move saying they lack ambition.

Bolton - who only made 4 signings this summer. 2 being loans from Liverpool (both full backs), (another full back) lad from Cambridge on a free + smallish fee for Eoin Toal from Ireland. A player we had an eye on. A young centre back.

We aren’t ‘plucky Oxford’ anymore. We have a big budget for this division outside of the obvious.

Obviously Sheffield Wednesday & Ipswich are spending fortunes for this level. The Bannan wages are an absolute joke for this level. Derby are spending massive wages for this level but like I said can’t ‘buy’ players. Outside those 3 there’s an argument we are 4th, spending wise.

We’ve been told we have a top 6 budget so we know factually we are either 4th/5th or 6th in terms of budget.

Derby - on a ‘12k a week’ wage cap & not allowed to spend transfer fees. They’re spending a far bigger amount on wages compared to us but we spent over half a million pound on transfer fees, something they couldn’t do.

Pompey - who made playing squad budget cuts with Fratton Park redevelopment top of their priority. Fans were very vocal against ownership this summer over the move saying they lack ambition.

Bolton - who only made 4 signings this summer. 2 being loans from Liverpool (both full backs), (another full back) lad from Cambridge on a free + smallish fee for Eoin Toal from Ireland. A player we had an eye on. A young centre back.

We aren’t ‘plucky Oxford’ anymore. We have a big budget for this division outside of the obvious.

Obviously Sheffield Wednesday & Ipswich are spending fortunes for this level. The Bannan wages are an absolute joke for this level. Derby are spending massive wages for this level but like I said can’t ‘buy’ players. Outside those 3 there’s an argument we are 4th, spending wise.

We’ve been told we have a top 6 budget so we know factually we are either 4th/5th or 6th in terms of budget.

Yep we are ahead of Pompey an Bolton, and Barnsley. But behind Ipswich and Sheff Wed. I’m assume we are 4th behind Derby County.

I think its that we have been lucky to have played teams that haven't taken their chances. Even looking back at the BBC highlights today, at the end of the game, Woking had two really good chances, which if taken would have put even more pressure on kr, if we had gone out of the cup to a non league side. Even more so with this recent information of Faz lightening his load.

And earlier in the season were we then unlucky to play teams who scored with basically every shot? Can’t have it one way and not the other…

We won't do that much business in January anyway, not many clubs do, I doubt it will be anything other than loans, so no real long term effect, and maybe one young project from Ireland who won't feature much like in previous years so its not really that much of a worry. Its the summer window that we have to get right for next season, that's where your whole season is set up, we can't afford another one like the we have just had. The youngsters got us out of a hole but we spunked a lot of money on players who don't/won't feature much.

Really hope you are wrong about the Jan transfer window, not seen a team yet that has blown us away and thats with us
playing pretty poorly for the most part, imo the playoffs are still very much on but we do need re-inforcements.

Hypothetical question, but if we make the playoffs I will be astounded, and surprised. I would be happy yes, but I don’t think KR is capable of getting us promoted via the top two or the playoffs. He can’t even build a balanced squad, and he’s had 9 attempts/windows to do that.

If he’s given a January window, which is looking likely unfortunately, I don’t have any faith in him succeeding at his 10th window.
I see what you're saying, but what is the hypothetical question? 🫤

But this brings me back to my original post on this subject, that it can't be a coincidence that our upturn in form has coincided with Faz returning and taking over training.

I'm by no means saying that after a handful of results, Faz has saved our season, but his return has certainly stopped the rot, and for that he deserves the lion's share of the praise.

But this is no way to run the footballing side of things at the club, as we now have KR, Short, Blackmore-Such, Brown, Mous, and now Faz all on the coaching staff!

It's a right mess, and "Too many cooks" comes to mind.

Of course it could just be a coincidence. It could also be that Faz is singlehandedly responsible for the upturn.

The truth is likely to be somewhere in between.

I don't think that KR is the best manager this club could have, far from it.

A recent upturn in results does seem a very peculiar choice of stick to beat him with though.

Of course it could just be a coincidence. It could also be that Faz is singlehandedly responsible for the upturn.

The truth is likely to be somewhere in between.

I don't think that KR is the best manager this club could have, far from it.

A recent upturn in results does seem a very peculiar choice of stick to beat him with though.
DDA347A0-9B44-49A7-8FFB-A489C6AA1481.gif
I'm bored now! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Right, that sounds believable, yes, though I bet we haven’t spent all our budget after that window. We should still have more to show for it.

What, 3 full backs in one squad? Is that allowed? Can't be legal. Who do we report them to? 😡

To be fair to them they play a 352 and rotate their wing backs who sometimes cover their outside centre backs.

Whilst they also recruited nothing up the top end of the pitch which is costing them I think.

Evatt already starting to show cracks in his management.

Still doesn’t allow for us to get it wrong in certain key position Imo.

Right, that sounds believable, yes, though I bet we haven’t spent all our budget after that window. We should still have more to show for it.

I agree.

We had the 4th biggest budget in the league, it’s a shame it wasn’t used to the max to build a strong balanced squad.

January will be interesting. There will certainly be the money there to #GoForIt if we are within touching of top 6. The next 6/7 games are so so so big for KR to keep us in touch.

I agree.

We had the 4th biggest budget in the league, it’s a shame it wasn’t used to the max to build a strong balanced squad.

January will be interesting. There will certainly be the money there to #GoForIt if we are within touching of top 6. The next 6/7 games are so so so big for KR to keep us in touch.
4th biggest budget?
Is that what oxford united have said?

4th biggest budget?
Is that what oxford united have said?

They said it’s top 6. I believe it’s 4th behind Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich & Derby.

The issue was it wasn’t all spent & what was spent was put in to the wrong areas of what we required to make the next step.

They said it’s top 6. I believe it’s 4th behind Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich & Derby.

The issue was it wasn’t all spent & what was spent was put in to the wrong areas of what we required to make the next step.
Okay thanks.
I'll have a look on website, I suppose oxford united don't really know the budget of other clubs?
After our poor start it does sound as if we will be spending in January

You’re right the whole club seemed to be in a shambles during the summer but then the new owners have come in, results have improved, they have appointed SK as head of the academy which has been seen as a good appointment across the fan base and from we have been told Faz has come in to add much needed experience on the coaching side.
No one can deny the failings of the window and the start of the season but things do seem to be improving and a lot more organised off the field.
People are worried about the transfer window in January but I think it will be a lot more organised than the summer with a clearer outlook on who comes into the building.
On top of all this we have players who are starting to settle in to the club such as McGinty, Bate and DA.
So you're saying that by making changes in personnel things have improved?

The new owners have come in and appointed TW who is steadily getting the club in order after years of being run on a wing and a prayer. I seriously doubt that Kinniburgh was Karl's first choice, especially in the time taken for a successor to be appointed (and the takeover conveniently happening in the middle of that). And now it seems that an uptick in form has directly coincided with Faz returning to help calm Karl down.

With Williams ringing in the changes, Karl is still a bad run of form away from losing his job, and will surely be let go in the summer if we fail to meet our objectives this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom