Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really?

So we have a manager who built a pathetically unbalanced squad of unfit, injury prone players, some of which were also well known to be difficult to work with, and the same manager also failed to even fill the available squad places.

We start the season, with most of those injury prone players injured, and players who were known to be difficult to work with, now apparently not fancying it, and not being mentally right to play, and our manager also alienates two players, who have seemingly been fit and available for selection.

The same manager and his current coach have had us playing awful for the first half of the season, hovering just above the relegation zone, and looking like a league two side, bereft of confidence and any form or ideas.

The same manager then repeatedly blames bad luck, and every man and his dog, for all of our injuries and failings this season, whilst arrogantly refusing to take any of the blame himself, as usual.

Then we bring in a retired former coach, who takes training for a number of weeks, which immediately coincides with an upturn in our form and results, and we now sit in 12th place, 5 points off the playoffs.

But you think everyone at the club should get the praise for this improvement, including our manager and coach, who up until our former coach returned, were steering us towards certain relegation, with some of the worst football seen here in years?

:unsure:

I had no idea Faz had returned, and was now taking training, but now I know this, I think it's pretty obvious who deserves the lion's share of the praise, and it's only strengthened my opinion, that our current manager, and the backroom team that he has assembled, are not good enough.

You may think it obvious, but that doesn't necessarily make you right.

I don't believe that every fault you (very reasonably) mention is solely the fault of the manager. How can it be? What of the recruitment team? What of the chairman? What checks did the club have in place to prevent the things that you suppose happened?

I'm no blind supporter of KR but things are never as black and white as some would paint them.

You may think it obvious, but that doesn't necessarily make you right.

I don't believe that every fault you (very reasonably) mention is solely the fault of the manager. How can it be? What of the recruitment team? What of the chairman? What checks did the club have in place to prevent the things that you suppose happened?

I'm no blind supporter of KR but things are never as black and white as some would paint them.
I agree, things are never as black and white as people might think, but I don't think ALL the blame is being laid at the feet of the manager, certainly not by me anyway, and I've never NOT given him praise and recognition when he's deserved it, and there have been many times that he has deserved it.

I've repeatedly said the recruitment team have been a shambles with some of their scouting, and the fitness coaches, medical staff and coaches have also received a lot of criticism from me for the catalogue of errors they've clearly been making as well.

And I've repeatedly said that I think for all the good they've been doing behind the scenes, the board have cocked up in letting the football side of things descend into such an unprofessional, inefficient shambles, and allowing KR to have so much power and responsibility, and I've repeatedly called on the board to show some teeth, and put him in his place, and bring him into line.

But we've repeatedly been led to believe, by KR himself, that the buck stops with him, and he's the one who calls all the shots, decides who joins the club and who leaves, and at times he's given off the air of a man who thinks he's untouchable, and answers to no-one.

He's also the one who buggered off to Spain for a month, and tried to do deals via zoom, which is incredibly naive and unprofessional, in my opinion, and his egotistical, stubborn arrogance has been a massive thorn in our side during his entire tenure, and has cost us dearly, on a number of occasions.

He is also known to be very hands on in training, so would've played a big part in the awful tactics being deployed, until Faz apparently returned and took over the reigns to steady the ship.

But things have been too much of a mess for too long now, and if what we're led to believe by some is true, and players are not coming here because they don't want to work with KR, coupled with the fact we are now bringing former coaches out of retirement to shore up the shambles that he's been instrumental in creating, then I think the sensible, long term solution is to make a change, before we end up having to trust him, and his recruitment team, with another transfer window budget.

Last edited:
1668768478357.png
Mousse: "Right, how many subs have we done? 1, 2, no hang on."
Shorty: "Karl, that t-shirt's doing nothing for you."
KR: "Ooh, you bitch, Shorty."
Meanwhile, Ciaron Brown's thinking about murdering the right winger.

I agree, things are never as black and white as people might think, but I don't think ALL the blame is being laid at the feet of the manager, certainly not by me anyway, and I've never NOT given him praise and recognition when he's deserved it, and there have been many times that he has deserved it.

I've repeatedly said the recruitment team have been a shambles with some of their scouting, and the fitness coaches, medical staff and coaches have also received a lot of criticism from me for the catalogue of errors they've clearly been making as well.

And I've repeatedly said that I think for all the good they've been doing behind the scenes, the board have cocked up in letting the football side of things descend into such an unprofessional, inefficient shambles, and allowing KR to have so much power and responsibility, and I've repeatedly called on the board to show some teeth, and put him in his place, and bring him into line.

But we've repeatedly been led to believe, by KR himself, that the buck stops with him, and he's the one who calls all the shots, decides who joins the club and who leaves, and at times he's given off the air of a man who thinks he's untouchable, and answers to no-one.

He's also the one who buggered off to Spain for a month, and tried to do deals via zoom, which is incredibly naive and unprofessional, in my opinion, and his egotistical, stubborn arrogance has been a massive thorn in our side during his entire tenure, and has cost us dearly, on a number of occasions.

He is also known to be very hands on in training, so would've played a big part in the awful tactics being deployed, until Faz apparently returned and took over the reigns to steady the ship.

But things have been too much of a mess for too long now, and if what we're led to believe by some is true, and players are not coming here because they don't want to work with KR, coupled with the fact we are now bringing former coaches out of retirement to shore up the shambles that he's been instrumental in creating, then I think the sensible, long term solution is to make a change, before we end up having to trust him, and his recruitment team, with another transfer window budget.
You’re right the whole club seemed to be in a shambles during the summer but then the new owners have come in, results have improved, they have appointed SK as head of the academy which has been seen as a good appointment across the fan base and from we have been told Faz has come in to add much needed experience on the coaching side.
No one can deny the failings of the window and the start of the season but things do seem to be improving and a lot more organised off the field.
People are worried about the transfer window in January but I think it will be a lot more organised than the summer with a clearer outlook on who comes into the building.
On top of all this we have players who are starting to settle in to the club such as McGinty, Bate and DA.

We won't do that much business in January anyway, not many clubs do, I doubt it will be anything other than loans, so no real long term effect, and maybe one young project from Ireland who won't feature much like in previous years so its not really that much of a worry. Its the summer window that we have to get right for next season, that's where your whole season is set up, we can't afford another one like the we have just had. The youngsters got us out of a hole but we spunked a lot of money on players who don't/won't feature much.

You’re right the whole club seemed to be in a shambles during the summer but then the new owners have come in, results have improved, they have appointed SK as head of the academy which has been seen as a good appointment across the fan base and from we have been told Faz has come in to add much needed experience on the coaching side.
No one can deny the failings of the window and the start of the season but things do seem to be improving and a lot more organised off the field.
People are worried about the transfer window in January but I think it will be a lot more organised than the summer with a clearer outlook on who comes into the building.
On top of all this we have players who are starting to settle in to the club such as McGinty, Bate and DA.
But issues such as players finally starting to settle into the club, or players still having not even played at all this season, new heads of academy, and bringing in former, previously retired coaches to steady the ship, should not be happening halfway through the season, these are the kinds of things that should be sorted over the summer, and during preseason.

These are colossal mistakes that keep happening every season these days, and along with the equally shambolic January transfer windows, it has been extremely costly and destabilising, and mistakes like this cannot keep happening again and again.

I'm happy to see the new ownership now confirmed, and SK brought into the academy, but with regards to the first team situation, I fear the reintroduction of Faz is nothing more than a quick fix, whilst trying to plug the leaks in a sinking ship, when in fact major surgery is required.

When that surgery finally begins, for me, Mous is the only person I would keep from the entire management and backroom staff, other than that, I'd bring in a new manager, with his own backroom team, with Mous as No2, and draw a line under this era, as I think it's run it's course.

But issues such as players finally starting to settle into the club, or players still having not even played at all this season, new heads of academy, and bringing in former, previously retired coaches to steady the ship, should not be happening halfway through the season, these are the kinds of things that should be sorted over the summer, and during preseason.

These are colossal mistakes that keep happening every season these days, and along with the equally shambolic January transfer windows, it has been extremely costly and destabilising, and mistakes like this cannot keep happening again and again.

I'm happy to see the new ownership now confirmed, and SK brought into the academy, but with regards to the first team situation, I fear the reintroduction of Faz is nothing more than a quick fix, whilst trying to plug the leaks in a sinking ship, when in fact major surgery is required.

When that surgery finally begins, for me, Mous is the only person I would keep from the entire management and backroom staff, other than that, I'd bring in a new manager, with his own backroom team, with Mous as No2, and draw a line under this era, as I think it's run it's course.
Anyone would think from your post that we were bottom of the table!

I'm not going to defend KR.

I just feel that acknowledging the improvement as anything other than a team effort is short-sighted.

If Faz has helped improve things then that's fantastic.

So you’re happy with our position are you? Pleased with the squad he has assembled?
OK with the way the team has been playing?
Happy with the tactics, the entertainment, the results?
No I am not happy with the results and the quality of football so far this season, but I am willing to be patient. I assume the relative success in the last 2-3 seasons is a group effort and not just karl Robinsons fault when we have a dip. We are only 5 points down on Portsmouth, Derby and bolton who are bigger clubs than us. Perhaps if I knew more facts about what has gone on I would have a more negative view, but I only here a lot of rumours.

We are only 5 points down on Portsmouth, Derby and bolton who are bigger clubs than us.
We’re outspending two of those clubs despite failing to spend a good chunk of the budget and aren’t a million miles short of the third. We’ve got the richest board in the division.

Our fan base really needs to stop defaulting to, “But we’re only Oxford” ASAP.

Anyone would think from your post that we were bottom of the table!
Fair enough, looking at my last few posts, you could say I'm leaning towards the more negative end of the spectrum at the moment!

But you must be able to see that we're currently just papering over the cracks, and that at his age, Faz is surely only here to steady the ship for now, but won't be a permanent solution, and with respect to the guy, I don't think he'd be capable of being so either.

That's what concerns me, if the board can clearly see that things aren't working, to the extent they bring back a retired former coach, they obviously can't have much faith in the current setup, so I'd hope they've got a plan moving forward, otherwise what happens if this quick fix doesn't succeed?

We’re outspending two of those clubs despite failing to spend a good chunk of the budget and aren’t a million miles short of the third. We’ve got the richest board in the division.

Our fan base really needs to stop defaulting to, “But we’re only Oxford” ASAP.
How much did we spend? And how much did the others spend?
How much money do you think our club should spend?

I'm not going to defend KR.

I just feel that acknowledging the improvement as anything other than a team effort is short-sighted.

If Faz has helped improve things then that's fantastic.
But it's a pretty sorry state of affairs, that we've had to bring a 71 year old out of retirement to save our season, is it not?

For me, the fact it's come to this is enough of a reason to change the whole managerial set up at the club.

Let's face it it's whistling in the dark as to what Faz was doing or elected to do in a training session just as much as Fowler might be around to coach/offer advice to forwards ..seems to me it is just another something to misread or misinterpret. If the management team have a sound head around every working day as in T. Williams then it can only be good esp. if he had some clout to sort out the poorer aspects of the stadium.

Fair enough, looking at my last few posts, you could say I'm leaning towards the more negative end of the spectrum at the moment!

But you must be able to see that we're currently just papering over the cracks, and that at his age, Faz is surely only here to steady the ship for now, but won't be a permanent solution, and with respect to the guy, I don't think he'd be capable of being so either.

That's what concerns me, if the board can clearly see that things aren't working, to the extent they bring back a retired former coach, they obviously can't have much faith in the current setup, so I'd hope they've got a plan moving forward, otherwise what happens if this quick fix doesn't succeed?
So when we got a good result a few weeks ago it was down to karl being in the stand! Not by you though perhaps. Now any upturn in results is down to faz!!
I still think our poor start was due to injuries to key players which coincided with poor form.

But it's a pretty sorry state of affairs, that we've had to bring a 71 year old out of retirement to save our season, is it not?

For me, the fact it's come to this is enough of a reason to change the whole managerial set up at the club.
What a superman Faz is!!! I don't remember him getting so much praise before.

If we'd changed our manager about 6 games ago everyone would have said he had steaded the ship, a few boring away draws then an entertaining home win!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom