Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If our board would do everything possible to avoid relegation, Karl Robinson would be at the job centre on Monday. Alas.
He should, but if he isn't, we're not assured relegation. He's one, maybe two bad result and performance away from the sack in my opinion, I can live with that, I don't shell out a few million a year in order to fund the club after all

I honestly think that a few games under Mousinho (not Short), who is hugely respected and who the players know they can relax under, and with the fans rallying and getting behind them without any bad feelings or any distractions, is the best thing for the football club. Then the board can take their time, find the person they think is best suited to come in and start rebuilding, and everybody can look forward to a fresh start with a sense of unity.

Robinson is now too divisive and too big of a distraction. He will always be one defeat away from people wanting him out and he is too lacking in humility to calm things down. He already tried to be smug and needle people who criticised him post-Exeter, and then he loses the next two games to make himself look daft. That’s all that’s going to happen now. We win and he takes digs at the fans; we lose and the pendulum swings back at him. And all the while, the football club is in the middle getting smashed about.

It has got to stop.

Is it true Ryan that KR has 2 games left.

Karl Robinson’s Oxford United

7 wins in the last 26 games in all competitions. (Fleetwood 3-2, MK Dons 1-0, Cambridge 1-0, Cheltenham 2-1, Burton 2-1, Exeter 4-2, Leyton Orient 5-0)

3 clean sheets in the last 30 games in all competitions. (MK Dons 1-0, Cambridge 1-0, Leyton Orient 5-0)

4 home wins in the last 15 home games in all competitions. (MK Dons 1-0, Cambridge 1-0, Burton 2-1, Leyton Orient 5-0)

Robinson Out

7 wins in the last 26 games in all competitions. (Fleetwood 3-2, MK Dons 1-0, Cambridge 1-0, Cheltenham 2-1, Burton 2-1, Exeter 4-2, Leyton Orient 5-0)

3 clean sheets in the last 30 games in all competitions. (MK Dons 1-0, Cambridge 1-0, Leyton Orient 5-0)

4 home wins in the last 15 home games in all competitions. (MK Dons 1-0, Cambridge 1-0, Burton 2-1, Leyton Orient 5-0)

Robinson Out
I've been a big supporter of KR over his tenure, but I have to agree it's time for a change. Those stats are simply appalling for a team who has promotion ambitions.

Robinson Out
How the f**k anyone can defend him in the eyes of this. The red card absolutely saved him yesterday. We were very luck to not be further behind at HT.

If we fail to win against Pompey he should be sacked no give him an extra game he should be sacked before they leave fratton park of he does win fine he can have the Bolton game but it should be six points from these two games

I don't understand how a red card 'saved' KR yesterday, one of his favourite players who I believe has been following instructions to play in the Jamie Mackie style and wind up opposition was petulant enough to push somebody, he is the manager so he takes all the responsibility .

I don't understand how a red card 'saved' KR yesterday, one of his favourite players who I believe has been following instructions to play in the Jamie Mackie style and wind up opposition was petulant enough to push somebody, he is the manager so he takes all the responsibility .
It saved him because the team put in a fighting performance with 10 men and only lost but 1 goal and with a better ref we probably would of got at least a point.
Taylor has been winding up other players for years, it’s not a new thing.

Also players on the pitch are responsible for their behaviour just like Robinson is responsible his own on the touch line.

There is plenty of reason to criticise KR for but blaming him for a player losing his head and lashing out at another player isn’t one of them!

It’s admirable the posters on here defending him.

It’s just a pity he can’t get a team set up to defend ie full backs. We’ve been lucky enough to cash in on centre half’s. Dickie,Atkinson and McNally. But Full backs disaster. Sean Clare and Steve Seddon at full back laughable.

22 points from the last 21 league games. Almost half a season.

If anybody fancies a flutter, stick ten quid on Robinson to be the next MK Dons manager.

I called this about 10 days or so ago.

It’s the perfect cosy fit for MK Dons and Robinson.

Imagine getting promoted so comfortably that you can afford to do that.

Instead of scrapping for a playoff place by November, which is as good as it has ever got with KR.
That’s a bit unfair, we’ve been in the running for the automatics and even winning the league until the middle of August in the last few seasons under KR.

It saved him because the team put in a fighting performance with 10 men and only lost but 1 goal and with a better ref we probably would of got at least a point.
Taylor has been winding up other players for years, it’s not a new thing.

Also players on the pitch are responsible for their behaviour just like Robinson is responsible his own on the touch line.

There is plenty of reason to criticise KR for but blaming him for a player losing his head and lashing out at another player isn’t one of them!
Taylors winding up of players has increased significantly over the last year, and Robinson is ultimately responsible for everything that happens on the pitch the buck stops with him.

Any long term manager, if they are to stay long term, need to constantly evolve the team and maintain a level. Clearly in this regard Robinson has completely lost his way. We are a much worse team than we were a year ago after a disastrous summer transfer window, which very much sits at his door. Injuries are part of it but there are many other issues which have been flogged to death on this forum.

Its a shame but he needs to go now, don’t prolong it, get a new guy in now to evaluate the squad so that he can bring his own players in in January. I have always backed him but I just can’t do it anymore, everyone has there time and his is up.

That's true, I think. For various reasons (not least the incessant talking about himself) the whole club seems to have become a psychodrama with only one lead actor. That's not healthy.
I agreed with Malcolm a couple of weeks ago that it was rational - if not popular - for the club to take its time. And, during that time, to inspect performances and results closely.
I think that since then we have lost to Wycombe, Sutton and Posh and beaten Exeter.
That in itself isn't a sterling case for the defence. But for me the worrying thing is that calm, clear perspective inasmuch as it ever existed appears to have entirely disappeared.
He claims that we were miles better than Wycombe and Posh. But that's not really true. They came away from home, went ahead and then sat back and let us attack. Any team can look dominant when the opposition is no longer trying to score. He needs to ask himself why, when it's 0-0, 11 a side (and therefore nothing has happened to affect the balance of the game) we routinely find ourselves going behind. Something like 70% of matches are won by the team scoring first so this is a very important issue.
Second, it's hardly a coincidence if over the first 20 or so matches of the season we find ourselves 5th from bottom and out of 2 cups. Indeed, the problem goes back further than that. We are now 40 matches into Bottom 6 form. Almost an entire season's worth of relegation football on a top 6 budget. That is long term under-performance on an epic scale. Yet apparently every single week it's bad luck. No solutions, no commitment to improve, no recognition of his role in that.
And for me it's that that is the final straw. Can't speak for Malcolm.... but, reluctantly, I've seen (and heard) enough.
Really hope to be proved wrong....
Should we take a punt on Jack Ross or attempt to lure Phil Parkinson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom