Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Fulham Vs villa and villa are like watching us just no ideas no consistency and the villa fans singing 🎶 Steven Gerrard get out of our club 🎶 could be us on Saturday 🎶 karl Robinson get out if our club🎶 we want Robinson out 🎶

Go & get Neil Critchley.

Surely he will be out of a job tonight.

We need him to do the same job here that he did at Blackpool.

Perfect man for the job. If we can attract him.

Give him money and time and he would get us up. A manager with great contacts within the game.

James Golding
Following a handful of sub apperances in the remainder of this season, he signs for Woking in the Summer of 2023. James goes on to play 29 times in his first season with them, but ultimately The Cards are relegated from The National League.
In the Summer of 2024 he signs for newly promoted National League side Bath City on the recommendation of Bath DofF David Oldfield. He is made captain and makes 39 starts for them as they finish an impressive 7th, losing to Southend in the playoffs.
By October 2025 he is still performing well for Bath and eyeing a return to the League.

Tyler Goodrham
Loaned to Colchester United in January 2023 for the remainder of the season, he makes 12 appareances, 11 of which are from the bench. Scores once.
Joins L2 Northampton at the start of the 23/24 season on a season long loan. Plays 28 games, 16 of which are starts, scoring 5 goals including a brace against Wycombe.
Signs permanently for Northampton in the Summer of 2024, turning down Karl Robinson's Stevenage in the process. The following season he starts strongly with 7 goals by mid October and is signed by Luton of L1 in January 2025.
By October 2025 he has 11 appearances for Luton, all off the bench. No goals yet. Likely to get a loan back to League Two in January 2026.

Slavi Spasov
Released in the Summer of 2023, Slavi joins North Leigh and scores 33 goals in all competitions. Hailed as the next Matty Taylor by half of YellowsForum, he signs for Newport County in the Summer of 2024.
Unlike Matty, he does not find a return to League football so easy and ends up on loan at Chippenham Town, now player-managed by Billy Bodin. Slavi signs for them permanently, finds his level, enjoys football again.

Gatlin O'Donkor
Given significant opportunity at the back end of the '23 season, he scores 3 League One goals including 2 against Derby County - which leaves Paul Warne an admirer. Ultimately Derby miss out as he signs (undisclosed) for now L1 Coventry City in the Summer of 2023.
Unfortunately a poor start to the Sky Blues 23/24 campaign means Mark Robins is sacked and leaves GO'D out of favour with new Coventry manager Mark Bonner. Loaned to Crewe in January 2024, he forms a solid partnership with Dan Agyei as the Railwaymen finish 12th in League Two.
His contract at Coventry is mutually terminated in the Summer and he signs for Notts County who have just been promoted back into the League. He struggles for game time and is loaned to Chesterfield in the National League but again struggles, scoring just once and gets himself sent off in an ill-tempered local derby FA Trophy defeat at Ilkeston.
By October 2025 he is still at Notts County but getting little game time outside of the Pizza Trophy (now called 'The Aldi Super Cup').

Josh Johnson
Leaves OUFC in the Summer of 2023 without a further competitive appearance. After a successful trial, joins relegated Cheltenham Town. Having played 12 games by January in a struggling side that effectively doesn't use a midfield, he then goes out on loan to fellow L2 side FGR for game time. Plays just 4 games here and is released by Cheltenham at the end of the 23/24 season.
Signs for FC Vaduz in Liechtenstein (now managed by an Englishman called Andy Whing) and goes on to make 23 starts in the Swiss 2nd division, before following Whing to Aarhus in Denmark. A superb finish to the season for club and player sees them qualify for the Europa League and manager Andy Whing appointed at Coventry (following Mark Bonners sacking for gross misconduct). A now well-regarded Johnson is linked with a host of English L1 and even Championship clubs but instead signs for Danish champions FC Midtjylland (to the dismay of his pregnant Danish girlfriend Anna, who quite liked the sound of 'Wigan Pier').
Ha maybe. Such is the lot of most footballers. Bit harsh on James Golding I think.

Is this what this forum has resorted to in order to bad mouth our manager, criticising our youngsters future prospects just because you use it against KR.

Get a grip, some of you on here really need to take a long hard look at themselves.

This could now be the final breaking point. I didn’t listen to the 5 min forum but it seems from what I’ve since read that, RO being RO, with its on going love affair with KR, they thought it would be the perfect opportunity to big him up. Go easy on him and even give him the opportunity to act and sound his most positive and optimistic self and encourage him to reiterate all of his stock excuses and all of his perceived ‘successes’ since he’s been here. Let him take the stand to fight his corner. But like those train wreck moments when celebrities and politicians go on TV with staged interviews to try and wriggle out of controversy it might have had the opposite effect and turn out to be very detrimental to him, with it’s only effect being to heap more pressure on. If things start to go against him on Saturday we might start to see a real groundswell of dissent from the stands.

He really needs a win tomorrow

Last edited:
Firstly, are you really gonna try to use Messi as the rare example of how teeny tiny little players can succeed in football?!?

Desperately clutching at straws there I’m afraid, and if anything it kind of proves my point. To succeed when you’re that small, you have to be pretty special.

Secondly, I didn’t say our youngsters weren’t good enough to have careers in league football did I? I said I didn’t think they were good enough to play for a team looking to become a top 30 club, which is what our board and chairman claim we are.

It’s all a moot point anyway, as we will never be a top 30 club, as long as KR is our manager.
Messi just an amazing example. Loads and loads of smaller players in the highest divisions across Europe . To write someone off because of that is antiquated.
You , nor I , know just how well the youngsters will develop but some on here seem obsessed with not giving them a chance .
KR isn't the man , we can at least agree on that point.

Why do I have to be down on our players, just because I mirror the opinion of others. Have you questioned them in the same way? Dear oh dear.

E.g. "None of our current crop of youth players are currently anywhere near good enough to be regular league one players."

Having seen them play many times, in my personal opinion, I don't think they are good enough. Too many mistakes, getting pushed off the ball etc. I watched Martin Aldridge, Joey, Callum, Chrissy Allen, and saw they had something special.

Why personally scrutinise what I personally think? I'm not going to put them on a pedestal and say they are the future of the club, as you may say. That's your prerogative, and I absolutely respect that, but I'm not going to ask you why.
We've got bigger fish to fry atm, like getting rid of robinson.
Because I actually see potential that they will be good enough and find the dismissal out of hand that they are not negative for no reason . Tyler is very well rated while O'donkor ,Golding, have shown lots to work on.
Yes unfortunately Robbo either needs to go on an amazing run of wins ,start signing some physical players and get the club progressing.

Watching Fulham Vs villa and villa are like watching us just no ideas no consistency and the villa fans singing 🎶 Steven Gerrard get out of our club 🎶 could be us on Saturday 🎶 karl Robinson get out if our club🎶 we want Robinson out 🎶
I actually attended that match yesterday, Villa fans surprised me just how toxic they were towards Gerrard but on the pitch they were abject. No idea or overall patten to their play while Fulham looked like Real Madrid in comparison!!
Not surprised that he has been sacked although he spoke well.

This could now be the final breaking point. I didn’t listen to the 5 min forum but it seems from what I’ve since read that, RO being RO, with its on going love affair with KR, they thought it would be the perfect opportunity to big him up. Go easy on him and even give him the opportunity to act and sound his most positive and optimistic self and encourage him to reiterate all of his stock excuses and all of his perceived ‘successes’ since he’s been here. Let him take the stand to fight his corner. But like those train wreck moments when celebrities and politicians go on TV with staged interviews to try and wriggle out of controversy it might have had the opposite effect and turn out to be very detrimental to him, with it’s only effect being to heap more pressure on. If things start to go against him on Saturday we might start to see a real groundswell of dissent from the stands.

He really needs a win tomorrow
There is a groundswell right now, it was all around me at the Wycombe game. Many chose to show it by leaving the game early, some booed the performance at the end of the game. It’s a results business with little room for sentiment and a win tomorrow only papers over the very definite cracks.
Thanks for everything Karl but we’ve run out of ideas. Time to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom