Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually attended that match yesterday, Villa fans surprised me just how toxic they were towards Gerrard but on the pitch they were abject. No idea or overall patten to their play while Fulham looked like Real Madrid in comparison!!
Not surprised that he has been sacked although he spoke well.
They seemed to turn on him quite quickly but villa were poor as you rightly say they made Fulham look like world beaters they also turned on luiz after he got sent off I like Gerrard I liked him as a player but I dunno where he will get another job might do him good to drop down to the championship

The size of a double bedsheet.

It’ll be hung from the SSU tomorrow. Keep your eyes peeled.

Anyone who hasn’t purchased their ticket yet, get yourselves to block 9 of the SSU for the game. 🎵we want Robinson out, we want Robinson out🎵

OUFC head steward this morning....

FYWnT5gXEAQdOS1.jpg

I actually attended that match yesterday, Villa fans surprised me just how toxic they were towards Gerrard but on the pitch they were abject. No idea or overall patten to their play while Fulham looked like Real Madrid in comparison!!
Not surprised that he has been sacked although he spoke well.
I went to the game as well. Thought Villa fans were actually very quiet: not surprising considering their only decent player is their keeper. Fulham were damn good, they work hard and Antonee Robinson is the best left back I’ve seen in years.

Stevie G looked like he had given up. The crowd got it totally wrong; he wasn’t sacked ‘ in the morning’ but before he got on the bus home . With the players. Awks.

Make sure you bring your white hankies tomorrow😏

I went to the game as well. Thought Villa fans were actually very quiet: not surprising considering their only decent player is their keeper. Fulham were damn good, they work hard and Antonee Robinson is the best left back I’ve seen in years.

Stevie G looked like he had given up. The crowd got it totally wrong; he wasn’t sacked ‘ in the morning’ but before he got on the bus home . With the players. Awks.

Make sure you bring your white hankies tomorrow😏
With respect that is a different world. Villa have had a fair budget but are fishing in the same pool as many others, they and all bar 6/7 clubs are just looking to survive because it's the
money that matters.

It was only a couple of seasons back they had all but gone down and somehow put a run together to bail them out, i really don't get what anyone associated with such clubs are really expecting.

This sadly is one reason why the game has gone and is a former shadow of itself.

Baldock in for another scan and Murphy a couple of weeks away ‘while he gets up to speed’.

Before anyone suggests this isn’t Robinson’s fault, it is.

He signed these players, knowing full well what their injury records were like.
Fact Murphy came on for 5 minutes in our last home game & is now 2 weeks away means he doesn’t have a handle on how to treat players coming back from injury. Could explain a lot, have it on good authority that Sam Long has been playing with continuous niggles for months, yet because of robbo’s planning, he’s our only available right back, unless you count Anderson and I don’t as he hasn’t played a full league game yet. Shambles. The bloke needs to get out of our club. Thanks for the good times but he needs to be removed before he does even more damage to our club.

The difference is that at no point did Gerrard show any indication of potential or taking the club forwards. There was never any sense of identity, a set style, a 'best' XI - in short, nothing to warm him to the fanbase or the owners.

As such, there would be very little dissent from any party when the trigger was pulled.

Like it or not, KR has built up a lot of credit with owners and fanbase alike with the strong league placing and attractive football that we've seen over his time with us ( not to mention the way he has dealt with a number of difficult off-field situations). Getting 10k through the gate numerous times a season would have been unthinkable before he arrived.

That credit, for some, can take a long time to diminish, as can the idea that the on-pitch swagger and excitement can return, so however strong the desire to get rid is at one end of the spectrum, that concensus that led to Gerrard's quick departure will take a lot longer to achieve here

The difference is that at no point did Gerrard show any indication of potential or taking the club forwards. There was never any sense of identity, a set style, a 'best' XI - in short, nothing to warm him to the fanbase or the owners.

As such, there would be very little dissent from any party when the trigger was pulled.

Like it or not, KR has built up a lot of credit with owners and fanbase alike with the strong league placing and attractive football that we've seen over his time with us ( not to mention the way he has dealt with a number of difficult off-field situations). Getting 10k through the gate numerous times a season would have been unthinkable before he arrived.

That credit, for some, can take a long time to diminish, as can the idea that the on-pitch swagger and excitement can return, so however strong the desire to get rid is at one end of the spectrum, that concensus that led to Gerrard's quick departure will take a lot longer to achieve here
Sorry that's just not allowed on here.

it must be remembered that nobody can have a bad season.

As i stated in the past, at times the conveyor belt grinds to a halt and that's exactly where we are right now.

unfortunately it reads like some want us to fail so they might get their own way and wish.

I’m just wondering how long it is before his contract is up. Is it 22 March 2023, as I understand he signed a 2 1/2 year contract extension in 2019.

As i stated in the past, at times the conveyor belt grinds to a halt and that's exactly where we are right now.

unfortunately it reads like some want us to fail so they might get their own way and wish.

It's nothing to do with the conveyor belt, it's plain and simple he made bad signings in the forward positions and hardly a signing at all in positions crying out for such for months.

That's not having a bad season, it's plain ineptitude.

It’ll be hung from the SSU tomorrow. Keep your eyes peeled.
Shame it'll be hung in the SSU in a way, would be nice to subject Karl to staring at it for 90 minutes in the north stand... plus gets it on the cameras

It's nothing to do with the conveyor belt, it's plain and simple he made bad signings in the forward positions and hardly a signing at all in positions crying out for such for months.

That's not having a bad season, it's plain ineptitude.
but that was thrown at him in past seasons, now whatever opinion we overcame it and have enjoyed some fabulous entertainment for 3 of those 4 seasons of his tenure.

yet he is being treated worse than a swindon fan, has stuff labelled due to his place of birth and that people don't appear to like him as a person.

Everything we are reading on here is in the negative 1 more game 3 more games show him the door etc...planned protests.

as another poster stated we ALL use to rally together and support the team regardless

Is this what this forum has resorted to in order to bad mouth our manager, criticising our youngsters future prospects just because you use it against KR.

Get a grip, some of you on here really need to take a long hard look at themselves.
Grow up for god sake!

Nobody is using the quality of our young players as a stick to beat KR with at all, there’s plenty of sticks available for that already!

But having seen our current crop of youngsters play a number of times, myself and others are of the opinion that they may well go on to be league 1 & 2 players, but don’t feel they’re going to be good enough to take us to the next level, of becoming a top 30 club, which is what we are supposedly aiming for.

Nobody is using it as a chance to have a dig at KR, it’s simply our opinion, and wether we’re right or wrong is irrelevant, and time will tell, but we’re entitled to that opinion.

We’ve had excellent players come through our academy in the past, and some have gone on to have wonderful careers, but that doesn’t mean to say that when one or two look half decent in a poor side who are playing terribly, that they’re automatically gonna go on to have stellar careers, and people are entitled to not be convinced by all the hype surrounding them.

And let’s not forget, these players would’ve been sent out on loan, if KR had managed to do his job properly, and build a complete squad for the season, and once we get a manger in who actually knows how to build squads properly, with a view to us aiming for promotion and becoming a top 30 club, with the possible exception of Golding as a CB, I personally can’t see any of them making the squad of a club with such ambitions.

Maybe I’m wrong, time will tell, but I don’t think I or any others who share the same opinion are being unreasonable in saying that.

Shame it'll be hung in the SSU in a way, would be nice to subject Karl to staring at it for 90 minutes in the north stand... plus gets it on the cameras
At least it will inspire the players to perform out of their skins to save KRs job.

Or.....

Hi @horseman and also @mooro and all others who still support KR, this is a genuine question meant in goodwill, as this is a forum for discussing differing views in a sensible and respectful manner. What is it that you see in KR to still believe he can bring us promotion in the next couple of years? For me, things have got so muddled with his tactics and squad building that I just can’t see him bringing real success here. Or is it that some people aren’t really interested in promotion being a goal and just want to see entertaining games with goals? That’s fair enough, only a small minority of teams get promoted each year, but there’s not even much of that on offer anymore. Or is it his personality? Some see a jovial fun loving good guy and warm to it where as I’m starting to get more than a little annoyed with his persona - maybe because of what I’ve already mentioned.

As I say, all genuine questions so I hope they’re taken as such, because I’d really like to get enthused at the idea of him being in charge again and get back on the positive bus! 😁 Also if people could all realign a little bit with their views, or at least understand where each other are coming from, it’ll be healthier for the club as a whole

Gerrard seemed to suffer from a perfect storm of new signings injury bound/trying to learn the Prem on the job and ultimately only winning 2 games out of the last 20 or something -we aren't quite there yet but understand the frustrations and dejection (myself included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom