Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much use if you have a season ticket like me

I have to pay over 300 pounds for my season ticket though, Murphy could be the best player in L1 after Barry Bannan and is the 3rd highest paid player at the club and can't be arsed.

f**k him.

What I’m slightly worried about, which nobody has really discussed yet, is the wider implications of Mousinho leaving. I don’t mean the coach, I mean the man.

John Mousinho was our club captain. People forget that - he was still the captain of the football club. He was training every day and was probably the biggest personality in the dressing room. I’ve met him several times and seen him up close at our training ground, and he was an exceptionally large character. He was a leader and had the respect of everybody in the building. He is a massive loss in terms of character. Where are the leaders now? Who is the head of the dressing room?

We’re in a real pickle.

What I’m slightly worried about, which nobody has really discussed yet, is the wider implications of Mousinho leaving. I don’t mean the coach, I mean the man.

John Mousinho was our club captain. People forget that - he was still the captain of the football club. He was training every day and was probably the biggest personality in the dressing room. I’ve met him several times and seen him up close at our training ground, and he was an exceptionally large character. He was a leader and had the respect of everybody in the building. He is a massive loss in terms of character. Where are the leaders now? Who is the head of the dressing room?

We’re in a real pickle.
Is Cam not a big personality? Moore is captain but seems fairly quiet

Is Cam not a big personality? Moore is captain but seems fairly quiet
Brannagan sometimes gets stuck in and is an example setting type, but that’s so much different. And if he’s not motivated you can’t even be sure he’ll give you that. He was nowhere to be seen yesterday.

The other thing that probably gets overlooked is the nature of the link that Mousinho provided between the dugout and the changing room. He would’ve been able to keep players calm and they would’ve had to think long and hard about what they said or how they behaved. Too much unrest, too much moaning etc, and it’s getting back to the manager. Without that, you have to wonder if the gloves might come off. Will people start kicking off more? Will the changing room become a less balanced and more ratty environment because there is nobody with a hard link to the management team to warn people off and keep them in check?

I don’t know, I’m merely pondering out loud, but yesterday was markedly bad. The body language from the players was just awful, and even Jerome said that the manner of the defeat was really worrying. Heads down, no talking, no battle at all.

If this were just about football results it wouldn't really matter whether the manager is removed now or at the end of the season. Its not about that though. The best and most respected staff at the club are leaving, multi-year investments are looking more and more like liabilities and the underlying culture of the club is being poisoned. It can take years to rebuild from a situation like this. It is the Board's responsibility to oversee the big picture. Whatever you might think of Robinson as a man or manager there's little point directing anger his way now. This is a senior management failing and they should be the target of protest.

We’re in a real pickle.
I agree, he's an impressive bloke, was an excellent player, led by example, with great leadership skills, and I think he'll go far in management.

The board dropped a clanger in retaining KR but letting Mous leave, they should've given KR the boot in the summer, and even if they didn't give Mous the managers job then, they should've brought in an experienced manager to replace KR, and promoted Mous to fully fledged assistant manager, with the clear intention of eventually giving him the top job.

A MApp/Mous management duo, for example, with our mega rich owners, could've achieved great things, then when MApp inevitably moved on, Mous could've stepped into the top job, and continued steering the ship to further success.

Wishful thinking though eh?

If this were just about football results it wouldn't really matter whether the manager is removed now or at the end of the season. Its not about that though. The best and most respected staff at the club are leaving, multi-year investments are looking more and more like liabilities and the underlying culture of the club is being poisoned. It can take years to rebuild from a situation like this. It is the Board's responsibility to oversee the big picture. Whatever you might think of Robinson as a man or manager there's little point directing anger his way now. This is a senior management failing and they should be the target of protest.

You know what this statement is spot on.

I don’t think it’s just about football.

It’s that with also off field antics, his post match interviews that are delusional, his little sly digs at fans etc.

That’s why it’s got so so toxic.

They can’t save money - they pay him a full lump sum now or they pay him his wages plus a smaller lump sum that amounts to the same value when added together. The value of his contract is the same whether he gets it paid in one go tomorrow or over 17 months.

They’re starting to damage the football club. Most people are done with Robinson and are about to move on to Williams and Ferguson. If they can’t see this then I don’t know where we go from here.
There is another possibility.

Without pointing the finger, if anyone at the club has been mistreating or bullying an employee (or several) and there was a policy in place telling all staff they mustn’t do this, or do such things as treat an employee in an embarrassing manner (perhaps like making them train with the kids when their fitness and ability to train with the first team wasn’t in question), then this might count as misconduct and be a sackable offence with immediate loss of pay.

There is another possibility.

Without pointing the finger, if anyone at the club has been mistreating or bullying an employee (or several) and there was a policy in place telling all staff they mustn’t do this, or do such things as treat an employee in an embarrassing manner (perhaps like making them train with the kids when their fitness and ability to train with the first team wasn’t in question), then this might count as misconduct and be a sackable offence with immediate loss of pay.
Don’t think that would woke.

Last night I believed KR’s position was untenable but I’ve woken up this morning with an ominous, uneasy feeling that nothing is going to happen. That there will be complete silence from GF, TW and the board.That KR will be left to front up to increasing hostility. He will continue to be the mouthpiece of the club While everyone else goes into hiding. I suppose the irony of all this is that KR has got exactly what he wanted, they’re leaving him to be the figurehead and focal point, but the board are taking a very risky line. They’ve never been the most engaging with the fan base but shouldn’t make the mistake of treating us like fools. If they’re going to continue to back him then they need to front up. Come out in support of him. He’ll need it because things could get very toxic on Wednesday and it would be very unfair, bordering on dereliction of duty to allow KR to carry the can alone.

There are a lot of questions bubbling up that we deserve answers to. Are the board still fully committed? Have things changed now that SB is off the table? Somebody other than KR needs to start communicating.

He’s going to be here forever isnt he…. 😞

The person at the club with the best temperament to take over on a short term basis, now that Mousinho has moved on (nice one, Grant and Tim), is Kinniburgh.

If you’re looking internally, he’s the only option.
Now that Mous' has left, I'd definitely put Steve K in temporary charge, so that the board can complete a thorough recruitment process and appoint the best candidate, not just a name. Maybe get an experienced Director of Football in first to help assess the squad and help appoint a really capable coach who will take the club to the next level.

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean. That would be basic HR procedure. Though HR do turn a blind eye to management bullying in many workplaces. And we apparently don’t have an HR dept.
Think they would have trouble sacking him unless it was a collective decision by various victims to complain together against him.

so you would wait even longer to see if things improve (or go sufficiently well to avoid relegation) with a lame duck in charge who won't care any more if he knows he is off - and then suddenly change things if relegation becomes possible - seriously ??? why ???
I want him gone but….

I do worry about the clubs thinking at the moment and worry that we would end up with someone who would be worse and wholly incapable like Lampard, Keown, fowler, Mapp( remember his first few months….)because they won’t have a window to change anything and would get us relegated.

Sometimes it is a case of be careful what you wish for.

This season I want us to stay up. I am worried about KR being the emperor of the club and I think to keep us up he is a lot better than some of the daft options being spouted.

Genuinely think that the best action is to clip KRs wings make him head coach only and build a team to take everything else off of him (Dof etc) and then when we are safe get rid.

I want him gone but….

I do worry about the clubs thinking at the moment and worry that we would end up with someone who would be worse and wholly incapable like Lampard, Keown, fowler, Mapp( remember his first few months….)because they won’t have a window to change anything and would get us relegated.

Sometimes it is a case of be careful what you wish for.

This season I want us to stay up. I am worried about KR being the emperor of the club and I think to keep us up he is a lot better than some of the daft options being spouted.

Genuinely think that the best action is to clip KRs wings make him head coach only and build a team to take everything else off of him (Dof etc) and then when we are safe get rid.
KR would never accept that and I guess his lawyer could make some noise depending on what his contract says
Interesting suggestion though

I would have agreed with this a year ago, but I think it's gone too far now. I think taking control away from KR could create friction and a power struggle.

For me, we need a clean slate. A new DoF, a new Head Coach and a new backroom staff behind him.

KR would never accept that and I guess his lawyer could make some noise depending on what his contract says
Interesting suggestion though

You don’t change his title….. you bring in new staff to “help him and to take the pressure off” of certain areas for the time being and so that he can concentrate on the results only….. his lawyers couldn’t argue that things are going well at the moment…

I would have agreed with this a year ago, but I think it's gone too far now. I think taking control away from KR could create friction and a power struggle.

For me, we need a clean slate. A new DoF, a new Head Coach and a new backroom staff behind him.
We could also do with some board members that have some balls I mean this football club is going backwards at a remarkable speed and when was the last time we heard from GF or TW their silence is deafening

Robbo's comment:
“There’s enough quality in the wide areas, it’s just down the middle.”

This is a desperate attempt to put pressure on the board to help him sign a decent striker and distract them from that fact that the recruitment has been shocking of late. Yes, we need a striker, maybe 2 now.

We only have Murphy and Yanik. How do we have enough quality? Murphy has been a complete disaster so far. Yanik has been very unlucky, but there are signs that he will have a decent impact for the remainder of the season.

Henry has been f'ked off for some reason, Bodin is having a shocking season considering the ability that he has and that he has been fully fit all season. Robbo's 433 formation only really works when you have pace out wide, neither Henry or Bodin offer this. Depending on which way the wind is blowing, Robbo will insist that Bodin is a striker not a winger. (I actually think he'd be best just behind the striker, but should not be anywhere near the team in this form).

I expect Bodin may be dropped and Anderson pushed up as a winger, because Robbo will tell that is what he is, until he's required as a wingback (his best position), or a rightback.

So we have 3 wingers now that Jones has been unfairly sacked off. Murphy is absent, so really that leaves Yanik and Goodrham. I'd like to see Goodrham play, but he should not be depended upon.

IMO, we need 2 strikers, 2 wingers and another central midfielder to be competitive.

Having said that, given the choice I'd prefer us not to sign any players in this window as I don't want Robbo to spend another penny. Sack Robbo, try and recall Jones and with a decent coach in charge we will hopefully be able to avoid relegation and build for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom