Manager/Coach Karl Robinson.

Maybe in non-league, you can multiply that by 3 or 4 for an effective L1 DoF
Yup. About 250k for a good one at this level.

But we’re paying half the squad that these days, many of whom are on the treatment table more than the pitch, so I would argue it would be a very worthwhile investment compared to a fifth winger whose hammy is a little bit wooooor and a little bit weyyyyy.

But we’re paying half the squad that these days, many of whom are on the treatment table more than the pitch, so I would argue it would be a very worthwhile investment compared to a fifth winger whose hammy is a little bit wooooor and a little bit weyyyyy.
Plus one for the Fast Show reference. Not enough of those these days

The big question though is who would be in charge of recruiting the DoF if it was ever to happen? If the task, like pretty much everything else, is handed to KR, would it be healthy? I'm pretty certain 'conflict of interest' would also come in to play. Seems a ridiculous scenario but I can't think of anyone else around who would/could carry out the recruitment task. NM maybe? Or would we outsource it?

There's separating the job he's done to the product it offers.

There's a respect from me for the first part. He's made essentially a club with a ceiling of League 1 into something that can compete to go up into the second tier. Not bad going. He recruits well and there's a squad togetherness of 'us vs the world'.

That's where it ends for me. Normally the journey is better than the destination but with Wycombe it isn't - the football is horrible, the gamesmanship is prevalent and the ego from the manager is grating. I wouldn't wish for that style to come to our club at all.

Terrible stuff again on Saturday. Three horrible goals and nothing but hoof ball from our 20 million pound centre back.

Did you know we scored more goals than any other team from open play last season.

You keep going with your one dimensional KR play and keep up the misguided Wycombe quotes.

Delighted to see an ex Wycombe youth player and Chairboys supporter as your leading League scorer this season.

When do you think KR will be sacked?

Terrible stuff again on Saturday. Three horrible goals and nothing but hoof ball from our 20 million pound centre back.

Did you know we scored more goals than any other team from open play last season.

You keep going with your one dimensional KR play and keep up the misguided Wycombe quotes.

Delighted to see an ex Wycombe youth player and Chairboys supporter as your leading League scorer this season.

When do you think KR will be sacked?

0.50 secs

LOL

The big question though is who would be in charge of recruiting the DoF if it was ever to happen? If the task, like pretty much everything else, is handed to KR, would it be healthy? I'm pretty certain 'conflict of interest' would also come in to play. Seems a ridiculous scenario but I can't think of anyone else around who would/could carry out the recruitment task. NM maybe? Or would we outsource it?
its currently a panel that includes KR, and Tiger - Im sure other posters know who else is on the panel alongside the aforementioned

I'd rather win 1-0 every game with Ainsworth playing 'hoofball' (he only does it away, and aren't we doing that at the moment anyway?) and subsequently get promoted, than watch electric football and miss out.
Results win trophies, not style of play (although yes it can contribute to results).

Seen Karl's wife put a post on LinkedIn early about online abuse and apparently their daughter had received abuse on her Instagram.

If that has come from any so called U's fans then whoever is responsible is scum!

Hope KR proves the doom merchants wrong, up the U's!

Seen Karl's wife put a post on LinkedIn early about online abuse and apparently their daughter had received abuse on her Instagram.

If that has come from any so called U's fans then whoever is responsible is scum!

Hope KR proves the doom merchants wrong, up the U's!
She has already tweeted stating it was not from Oxford fans... been covered on here already.

Back
Top Bottom