Manager/Coach Karl Robinson.

Royalstandard74

Speaking from experience during my families bad times and knowing more what he does behind the scenes for the community, he's a class act as a human being, got a lot of time for him, I know a managers life is ruthlessly cut short but I just want to say cheers for the stuff that no one hears about.

Last edited:
Well said it's only a game at the end of the day 😀 He's done a great job but the pressure Iam sure will now increase with the money boys turning up the gas. But he's been class and I hope he takes us with board to the promised land . To him and all the staff let's hope for a successful campaign let's all keep safe and have a great season. CO YY

Robinson's passion and general love for the club has been exceptional and with that I can't help but like the bloke and he seems a very good human who has done a lot for the community, not to mention the 2 playoff runs in the row which both were great to be an Oxford fan for the majority of the time. Hopefully he can get us promoted and the board can reward him with a new deal or a couple of wingers whatever he'd prefer :LOL:

A mid-table, under-performing manager in charge of a very good collection of individual players. Wimbledon was a perfect example of his incompetence. Never mind “enjoying” the reaction of the home fans, KR, sort out your tactics to beat an average/poor beatable home team.

A mid-table, under-performing manager in charge of a very good collection of individual players. Wimbledon was a perfect example of his incompetence. Never mind “enjoying” the reaction of the home fans, KR, sort out your tactics to beat an average/poor beatable home team.
We have played 6 games ffs. Mid table team after 6 games. Ridiculous comment.
He is so incompetent that he has made the play offs 2 years ago

Presumably you disagree? Give me your reasons. And I presume you weren’t there yesterday.
Reasons? It isn't that difficult. 2 play offs in 2 years (probably overachieving based on budget)
Some terrific cup games and all of this despite consistently selling his best players.
Oh and playing very entertaining football whilst making g the play offs
The OP was actually commenting on what KR does behind the scenes, so your comment seems a little odd

Presumably you disagree? Give me your reasons. And I presume you weren’t there yesterday.
Of course I disagree because your post is the usual reactionary horsecrap that we are used to.

The last two seasons has seen us over perform to back to back top 6 finishes. So clearly your underperformed mid table comment is stupid. The very good collection of individual players you reference are recruited, trained and managed by Robinson. So their performance (good or bad) is a reflection on the manager.

Wimbledon were not an average/poor beatable side. They actually looked the best side we've played this season and were well organised. They also had the advantage of being at home with a fairly decent and loud home support. We didn't take our chances and made mistakes in both boxes. Robinson gambled with the subs and it didn't pay off. We can and should do much better, and we should have won the game.

But this blame game is embarrassing and is no different from when posters of the same ilk were saying that Henry shouldn't play for the club again after his handball against Wimbledon last season.

We call Wimbledon tinpot put the reaction of some of our fans on here and wider social media makes us look like a bunch of spoilt idiots.

Of course I disagree because your post is the usual reactionary horsecrap that we are used to.

The last two seasons has seen us over perform to back to back top 6 finishes. So clearly your underperformed mid table comment is stupid. The very good collection of individual players you reference are recruited, trained and managed by Robinson. So their performance (good or bad) is a reflection on the manager.

Wimbledon were not an average/poor beatable side. They actually looked the best side we've played this season and were well organised. They also had the advantage of being at home with a fairly decent and loud home support. We didn't take our chances and made mistakes in both boxes. Robinson gambled with the subs and it didn't pay off. We can and should do much better, and we should have won the game.

But this blame game is embarrassing and is no different from when posters of the same ilk were saying that Henry shouldn't play for the club again after his handball against Wimbledon last season.

We call Wimbledon tinpot put the reaction of some of our fans on here and wider social media makes us look like a bunch of spoilt idiots.
Really couldn’t have guessed you’d jump on here to defend him, Scotch.

We didn't take our chances and made mistakes in both boxes. Robinson gambled with the subs and it didn't pay off.

Gambled with the subs is a very charitable way of saying they were ridiculous.

Gambled with the subs is a very charitable way of saying they were ridiculous.

The change of formation put Holland in the no.10 role and within minutes he was through and should have scored the goal to win the game. He didn't and we all know what happened next.

Any change in players or systems are a gamble. It didn't work yesterday but I don't agree that they were ridiculous anymore than you'd have said they were genius had Holland won us the game.

KR got it wrong yesterday and he is not exempt from criticism. He got it wrong at Cambridge too!

That game was screaming out for Dan Agyei, and yesterday when the game was getting stretched Agyei should of come on. His pace could of lead to him scoring or creating a goal. Instead he brings on Winnall, and on both occasions he’s achieved nothing. I’m not quite sure what KR see’s because Agyei should be on the pitch before Winnall.

Mind boggling.

Where were you last week honey? Doing your shopping in Cheltenham?
Oooo is that out of your kids joke book?
I’ve been watching Oxford for six promotions and six relegations. Think I have a right to an opinion without pea-brains like you trying to bully me off the forum. Does a criticism of KR’s tactics yesterday make me a “hater”? Grow up.

Oooo is that out of your kids joke book?
I’ve been watching Oxford for six promotions and six relegations. Think I have a right to an opinion without pea-brains like you trying to bully me off the forum. Does a criticism of KR’s tactics yesterday make me a “hater”? Grow up.
I dont remember you doing a’ooh KR’ rant when we won last week. There are a couple of articulate people here who dont like Karl and are consistent in this, but I get tired of whingers who pop up at the first sign of trouble to blame the manager.

Back
Top Bottom