Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if mentioned on here before but I like the story of Will Evans at Newport (late into football after University). Out of contract in the summer and 15 goals in 28 league 2 games this season. Apparently attracting interest from the championship so perhaps out of reach...

Not sure if mentioned on here before but I like the story of Will Evans at Newport (late into football after University). Out of contract in the summer and 15 goals in 28 league 2 games this season. Apparently attracting interest from the championship so perhaps out of reach...

I think, even if he previously wasn’t, how he played on TV against Man U in the cup pushed him well out of our reach.

Could be Richard Bucket from Keeping Up Appearances or Gerry from The Good Life?

Oh, it's either an ITV/BBC1 sitcom that ran from 1979 to 1993 or a 2024 effort from John Cleese who has got another divorce settlement coming up and he needs the cash so has gone cap-in-hand to Fox to get 20 episodes made.

'Box of Frogs', I'll call it, after the lead character's exasperated catchphrase that he utters whenever he meets anyone a bit modern. 'Who was that as the door, luv?' 'It 'twas a fella with a dress on and lipstick - mad as a box of frogs, he was!'

It writes itself.

Has been mentioned before and dismissed for the very reason you give.

BBC Oxford confirm that the club will sign a central midfielder if we see them as a worthwhile addition, in terms of system and quality/ability. It is definitely on the agenda
We definitely need a CM with a bit of pace - Portsmouth demonstrated how effective this can be on Tuesday. No matter how good CB and McGuane were, off the ball we were getting plied of pressure and they pressed us hard when we had it. Marcus has some pace but he's usually playing in the middle of the defence and midfield, Cam is a playmaker and McEachran is a serial sideways passer. Someone that can drive forward is essential the moment we started attacking Pompey the other night, they were wobbling like crazy in the final third.

Played against him in a pre-season friendly when he was at Bala. Unbelievable engine and athleticism and was too good for the Welsh Prem, however if you'd told me 18 months later he'd be in the Championship I would have been very surprised. Still very raw so be interesting to see his ceiling.

Oh, it's either an ITV/BBC1 sitcom that ran from 1979 to 1993 or a 2024 effort from John Cleese who has got another divorce settlement coming up and he needs the cash so has gone cap-in-hand to Fox to get 20 episodes made.

'Box of Frogs', I'll call it, after the lead character's exasperated catchphrase that he utters whenever he meets anyone a bit modern. 'Who was that as the door, luv?' 'It 'twas a fella with a dress on and lipstick - mad as a box of frogs, he was!'

It writes itself.
With ChatGPT, it probably will ;)

Don’t have to worry about that
I'd genuinely just assume that the club are working on the announcement teaser and website article. If medical was done yesterday then I'd think interviews may have been done then also, as well as pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom