Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't a 10 year plan. We just want a striker who can stick it in the back of the net for 6 months - he does that.
6 months?!

If we’re spending half a million quid as a L1 club, it should be on assets that will increase in value and as many of those as we can realistically afford. Id have loved Conteh, Goodwin and Lang, think that would have fixed us nicely for this year and the future. It would have cost a million quid though.

We have a shot at the playoffs, a what, 10% chance of promotion? Any decisions we make now need to be made with that in mind.

Marriott has scored 5 goals this season from 1612 mins, or 0.28 per 90.

This is because he plays for Fleetwood and they are rubbish, I hear you scream. But these 5 goals have come from 64 shots and an xG of 0.46 per 90. So not scoring many and wasteful as well.

But I look forward to hearing that he was the guaranteed goalscorer we need when he signs for Wrexham on stupid money that we would have been mad to match.

This is because he plays for Fleetwood and they are rubbisg, I hear you scream. But these 5 goals have come from 64 shots and an xG of 0.46 per 90. So not scoring many and wasteful as well.

But I look forward to hearing that he was the guaranteed goalscorer we need when he signs for Wrexham on stupid money that we would have been mad to match.

Beggers can't be choosers. :)

This is because he plays for Fleetwood and they are rubbish, I hear you scream. But these 5 goals have come from 64 shots and an xG of 0.46 per 90. So not scoring many and wasteful as well.

But Ed is doing a great job (which I'm not arguing against) and has identified him to at least 2 different managers now?

He must have something about him?

A neat summary of it all. DB tried to put a positive spin on it by tallying up who we had 'signed' so far and he included Bennett, Edwards and Goodhram in that. Maybe signing different bits of paper but they were here already. The only difference with Edwards was that he turned a loan into a permanent. He's still not usable until Easter though.

Same horse, different jockey this season. We all laughed at KR for not landing players quickly enough or giving us false hope but it's happening again. It makes you wonder what occurs above the manager for us to be so ponderous in actually adding to the squad.

However, I won't be too hard on DB regardless of what happens now. He, like Manning was, is still shackled by some very expensive dead wood here that is barely usable at best in Henry, Browne and Murphy. Throw in the wages to pay Findlay as well. Just-doesn't-make-the-pitch-enough-now Bodin and out-of-favour Seddon can be binned in the summer too. Manning got us part of the way there to looking like a more balanced team but we desperately lacked options up front and still do.

Fans have been thrashing around saying all sorts of whacky things in light of Saturday's defeat. It's born out a place of frustration because we were in second once. However, put it this way - we've had over half a season with GO'D as our second striking option. Even with the proviso that you could potentially strengthen in January, is that really what we expect from a side looking to get promoted? Even in 2019-20, we had Agyei to replace Taylor from time to time. The second place was never going to be sustainable without half decent reserves. Our best XI looks pretty good - as soon as you take a couple of players out, we have a fairly pants bench to turn to and have done so all season.

It's why this window and the summer will be where I'll truly judge DB. Anything this season after the mess of last year which is still being cleared up was always going to be a bonus to me.
Voice of reason

Wouldn't mind someone like Danny Ward on loan. Lots of experience, can score goals.

Loaning an older striker from the Championship has worked out for Blackpool.

Wouldn't mind someone like Danny Ward on loan. Lots of experience, can score goals.

Loaning an older striker from the Championship has worked out for Blackpool.
Huddersfield have sacked Darren Moore today so unlikely to part with anyone until a new manager is in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom