Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would say 3 of those options are wrong and they dont need to cover they need to come in and start without being injury prone. Our injury prone players become the cover when they are back until the summer when most of them get released.
Problem is, the reason they are injury prone is exactly that, they get injured a lot. I bet Browne lasts about 2 weeks when he gets back fit.

Beadle > Cumming
Mills > Burey
Edwards > Edwards (Out until Easter and mid-April by the time he is match fit)
Perkins > Goodwin

Bennet was already in the building and is the LB cover that we didn't manage to recruit for in the summer.

On the face of it, the business to date does not strike me as being particularly ambitious from the football club. Should we secure 3 players (winger, forward and a proper CM) in the last few days, it will help to improve my personal opinion of this January's business by us.

It has been widely regarded that the squad has clear holes and deficiencies in it, yet we have yet to actually increase the playing numbers of the squad. It seems odd for a club that is supposedly looking to get promoted.

Last edited:
I think if we can stay around the play offs it's been a great season ,after last year ,let's hope for something decent the next few days.
While in a normal season I agree, the fact we were where we were on Jan 1st. We should have been doing the business early and efficiently. If we had then we would still be in with a chance of autos. Clubs with an ambition of being top 30 don’t wait around till January 31st when they have an injury crisis.

Problem is, the reason they are injury prone is exactly that, they get injured a lot. I bet Browne lasts about 2 weeks when he gets back fit.
Yep so you bring a starter in with Browne coming back when he can and if you decide at the end of his contract hes not worth it youd need to release him.

Beadle > Cumming
Mills > Burey
Edwards > Edwards (Out until Easter and mid-April by the time he is match fit)
Perkins > Goodwin

Bennet was already in the building and is the LB cover that we didn't manage to recruit for in the summer.

On the face of it, the business to date does not strike me as being particularly ambitious from the football club. Should we secure 3 players (winger, forward and a proper CM in the last few days, it will help to improve my personal opinion of this January's business by us.

It has been widely regarded that the squad has clear holes and deficiencies in it, yet we have yet to actually increase the playing numbers of the squad. It seems odd for a club that is supposedly looking to get promoted.
Spot on. We haven’t gone for it at all. We’ve replaced what we’ve lost & as always we flatter to deceive. With our injuries we needed our business done in the first two weeks. Unforgivable we have left it this late. Not good enough honestly for a board that openly state they want top 30. I’m beginning to think that was all bullshit

Yep so you bring a starter in with Browne coming back when he can and if you decide at the end of his contract hes not worth it youd need to release him.
Yep. But we needed players between january 1st- January 14th. We had two weeks without a league game. It’s unforgivable a side in our position with our lack of squad depth would wait so long. Not really going for it. Actions speak louder than words

Still get some in as having players available is better than having none. If we get these better players in at the end then you might have a point, lets see what happens in the next few days.
So you’d rather we added to GOD, Smyth, Henry and Woltman with more players who aren’t good enough to improve us?

Spot on. We haven’t gone for it at all. We’ve replaced what we’ve lost & as always we flatter to deceive. With our injuries we needed our business done in the first two weeks. Unforgivable we have left it this late. Not good enough honestly for a board that openly state they want top 30. I’m beginning to think that was all bullshit
At the moment it feels exactly like last January when we did the absolute minimum when we needed far more help. Apart from Goodwin.

So you’d rather we added to GOD, Smyth, Henry and Woltman with more players who aren’t good enough to improve us?
Well obviously better than those players, you arent half hoping the players coming in are going to be great.

At the moment it feels exactly like last January when we did the absolute minimum when we needed far more help. Apart from Goodwin.
Yep. Which is what we always do, we always flatter to deceive. The board don’t want to pull the trigger, where if they did and they covered the losses this season we would have a massive chance of automatic promotion. That’s gone now though. We will scramble around for the rest of the season being inconsistent. I think we will finish 9th or 10th. Our only saving grace is that we don’t have that many of the top sides after we get the Pompey double header out of the way.

It could well be a case of us blowing the whole budget on one player, so only able to shop for free signings and loans
Nothing wrong with loans……Roofe……… what you need is your manager to get more out of them than their present club. I liked Mills, but as others have said he was rather limited in knocking the ball past the fullback and beating them for speed, we have replaced with Burey, who on Saturday‘s showing offers a lot more. Cumming ☹️ replacing Beadle could well turn out to be more of a problem. We don’t necessarily need to spend money in this window, get in the best loans available and pray Buckingham can work with them. The time to spend and rebuilt is the summer. This window is generally a panic and overspend for several desperate clubs. Which is what we are atm.

Last edited:
Charlton and other teams probably already had forwards, we are *so* short that we can't afford to let games go by without signings.
The classic response to your comment would have been at our defeat at Northampton they took their 2 strikers off and replaced with Tyreese Simpson and Danny Hylton yep two strikers off two strikers on

• React
Reactions: Ian
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom