Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a gamble. One that’s paid off for Peterborough on too many occasions. About time we showed the balls to have a go ourselves utilising the recruitment team that’s done pretty well for us thus far.
That’s the point - we should trust a sensible due diligence process and not expect our owners to splash the cash regardless just to prove the cash is there!

Reading the Charlton forum we are little old Oxford, Charlton bid 1 Million for Nathan Abbey, why should they bother with JCH who wants 15k a week when apparently he’s of to a Mexican club in the summer.
🤣🤣🤣

If we have signed him absolutely Brilliant news .We have signed 5 great players already, The goalie ,left back ,left wing ,right wing And a no9 just unbelievable, I would like to thank the board so much and I think there's more to come .Surely our fans can't moan about that. I thought we had started slowly and was having a little dig ,but a fantastic week the board are awesome, let's get going and give the cobblers aright good sorting Saturday. Iam Oxford till we die. Let's hope he's the next star ,I remember Ken skeen , Nigel Cassidy , Hugh Curran ,Paul Moody ,Graham Atkinson, Derek Clarke ,Martin Foyle ,Peter Foley and the best Johnny ,Johnny ,Johnny Aldridge. Let's hope our new boy is just the Best.
Maybe he’ll prove to be a young Billy Hamilton

If we have signed him absolutely Brilliant news .We have signed 5 great players already, The goalie ,left back ,left wing ,right wing And a no9 just unbelievable, I would like to thank the board so much and I think there's more to come .Surely our fans can't moan about that. I thought we had started slowly and was having a little dig ,but a fantastic week the board are awesome, let's get going and give the cobblers aright good sorting Saturday. Iam Oxford till we die. Let's hope he's the next star ,I remember Ken skeen , Nigel Cassidy , Hugh Curran ,Paul Moody ,Graham Atkinson, Derek Clarke ,Martin Foyle ,Peter Foley and the best Johnny ,Johnny ,Johnny Aldridge. Let's hope our new boy is just the Best.
Who are the 5? And don’t forget that we lost Beadle and Mills.

Last edited:
Let's hope he fulfils hos potential. Far from prolific or proven currently

If he was prolific and proven, at his age, we wouldn't be able to afford him.

If you want to buy a League One quality striker for a six figure sum, it needs to be when they are young and on their way up (e.g. Bishop, Goodwin), or getting on a bit and on their career downside (e.g. May, Marriott, JCH). You're not going to get someone at their absolute peak without forking out seven figures.

The Goodwin route offers more upside, even if it maybe comes with a little more risk.

They only BID for him? Pah, tinpot. When we wanted an Abbey, we BOUGHT Ben Abbey...

#BigClub.
Actually, we didn't straight away as we couldn't afford the £10,000 fee Crawley wanted for him...

... seem to remember we had to wait for his contract there to run out😲

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom