Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will we still try and sign Jack Marriott? now we have signed Goodwin?

Unlikely if we sign Goodwin I’d say.

Another striker in on loan with O’Donker going out on loan.

However if Fleetwood are now prepared to sell Marriott, they’ve missed the boat on 400k, certainly worse a lot less to us now if the Goodwin deal gets done. Might be worth a cheeky bid?

Very happy with Goodwin. High price but got potential. Ripped us a new one at their place. Different type of striker too. Will press and give us a different option to harris. The way we create when everyones fit im sure hell get chances. Right Winger and CM needed now. And thats it. Maybe another striker but ill be happy with the 2 we got.

We can have £400k to spend, but anyone worth their salt won’t use it for someone who is worth half that! Sunderland aside of course. How much does any of us know about the latest name banded about? He may be a super star, but then again. Notwithstanding Cheltenham may be hoping for a ‘Sunderland’ panic buy and holding out for considerably more!

It’s a gamble. One that’s paid off for Peterborough on too many occasions. About time we showed the balls to have a go ourselves utilising the recruitment team that’s done pretty well for us thus far.

It's a risky one (not that I'm complaining!) In that he has 6 goals in this league, and prior to that was seen as being a bit s**t. Players develop.

Langstaff was seen as being a bit s**t at York City. 400k does feel like a lot but we are paying for potential.

It gives us a definite other option to go more direct and make the ball stick up front, we have needed that for so, so long.

Good luck to Will and well done board.

Two goals here. Great touch, strength and finish for the first. Good athleticism for the second.

The second against us:

Opener:

Opener:

Opener:

Love the claim from the Cheltenham fan that he doesn't score important goals. Almost singlehandedly dragged Cheltenham back into the game against Blackpool. Scored the vital goal against us, and the rest were openers.
Looks a bit of a sh*thouse too..

I feel sorry for Kip in all of this! He has gone from seeing Goodwin as the next Marco van Basten if he signed for Charlton, but the next Trevor Aylott if he comes here!
Ahhh Trevor "The Pylon" Aylott...good times

Think I’ll wait for an official press release from the club before getting too carried away. If it’s done, it sounds a good signing.
It's been mentioned by those in the know on X and reliable sources like the OM. It's a done deal - get the Babycham and party poppers out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom