Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at the training ground in the freezing cold, hoping to catch a glimpse of Goodwin. (Actually my son has football training here.) No sign of Goodwin. Last week Cumming (we think) was having his pictures taken at this time, so you never know...

I'm at the training ground in the freezing cold, hoping to catch a glimpse of Goodwin. (Actually my son has football training here.) No sign of Goodwin. Last week Cumming (we think) was having his pictures taken at this time, so you never know...
Nice place for your lad to train. Mine used to do it on the village green! My daughter used to play netball down at Oxford City. I used to catch a glimpse of Alfie Potter, KR and had a few chats with Mickey Lewis. It's great when you see your heros - and even KR.

A lot of traffic on the A40 this time of day. Could be stuck at Cassington.

Would be our most expensive ever January window signing I think?
Looking back over the last 15-20 years, I'd probably guess an order loosely like this?

Goodwin

Cameron Brannagan
Marcus Browne
Rob Dickie
Mark Sykes
Alex MacDonald
Rob Atkinson
Chey Dunkley
Anthony Tonkin
Adam Chapman
Simon Clist
Luke McNally
Oisin Smyth
Stephan Negru

We saw and said hi to Craig Short the week after the Orient game. Normally not many around at this time though.

I really think our best option is to get two loan attackers in at this stage.

Just say we manage to finish in the playoffs and somehow luck is on our side and we get promoted.Marriott and Goodwin are not good enough for the Championship and we will have paid good money for them and they are on the wage bill but not playing.

We would then have only 4/5 players on our books who would be good enough for the Championship.Brannagan, Moore, Brown Leigh and Rodrigues.

A complete rebuild would be required in the summer and what you don’t want are players costing you money who are not good enough
Would rather go for Ladapo

Buying young/youth players from top end Championship or Premier League clubs is probably one of the few ways to get proper bargains now. They're all loaded and their academies churn out so many youngsters that they're more likely to be willing to let those players who they don't think will make it go fairly cheap.

Just thinking about it, that strategy has worked fairly well for us in recent years. Off the top of my head, Roofe, Brannagan, Ledson, Lundstram, McGuane, Henry, Moore we all got from Premier League youth teams or higher end Championship clubs for free/quite cheap. (feel free to correct me if I got any of those wrong or missed some lol).
Henry?

Totally agree soon will find out if this 400k exists or not
We can have Β£400k to spend, but anyone worth their salt won’t use it for someone who is worth half that! Sunderland aside of course. How much does any of us know about the latest name banded about? He may be a super star, but then again. Notwithstanding Cheltenham may be hoping for a β€˜Sunderland’ panic buy and holding out for considerably more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom