Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harris is a high work rate, pacey get in behind striker. I've always maintained I would prefer a taller, physical target man who can hold the ball up and bring others into play to compliment Harris and give us a different option. With that in mind I'm not overly focused on that target mans goal scoring record, particularly if they're young. I hope Ed and co have scouted and analysed how good he is at those traits, goal scoring can develop from there.

I'm not sure. Goodwin has not really scored goals consistently til Clarke came in.. he's got 6.

He's a different type of player, tall and quite physical.

It's a gamble for sure, as opposed to proven League 1 goals. But I trust Ed.
Is that because we’re now favourites and not Charlton? I’m sure he’d be labelled a future goal machine if he went there

I'm not sure. Goodwin has not really scored goals consistently til Clarke came in.. he's got 6.

He's a different type of player, tall and quite physical.

It's a gamble for sure, as opposed to proven League 1 goals. But I trust Ed.
To me though, if Harris is struggling to get involved in a game or we’re generating nothing going forward, would I pleased to look at the bench and see Marriott or would I feel it’s more of the same, just fresh legs? I want to see some variety in the squad. Look, I’d be going for JCH, but since we’ve set our sights a little lower, this does add up for me as a decent option.

I don't quite get this Edwards signing.

So it looks like we're hoping that he might be fit again for the last month of the season (so April?)

Would be intrigued to know if we have an option on him too. I know it's semantics, but a "permanent deal" until the summer is a slightly odd one!

Last edited:
I don't quite get this Edwards signing.

So it looks like we're hoping that he might be fit again for the last month of the season (so April?)

Would be intrigued to know if we have an option on him too.
Probably a low wage contract/pay as you play. Ensures we have him on the books and then if all goes well can sort out a longer contract going into the summer. Makes perfect sense to me.

Bit of a weird one, this. Can only assume it's to give us first dibs on him if he recovers fully.

Sounds weird at first but a sensible signing. He's electric in League One and could play a huge part in the final month, possibly sooner depending on recovery. However if he comes back and suffers an injury setback or can't recover properly we won't be tied down to an injured player for another whole season.

Good luck on recovery Kyle and hopefully you can come back and bag a winner in the playoff final!

Hope this doesn’t count toward the ‘up to 6’ mentioned by Des a few weeks ago that’s 2 In with Burey & Cummings + 2 already in the building in Edwards & Bennett with Des saying yesterday JB counts towards his 6. We need more than 2 to be coming in the next final weeks imo.

I’m surprised the club didn’t wait till the cut of period at the end of March to then offer him a contract if/when he’s fit to contribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom