Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite incredible how close the club are playing their cards this window. Apart from Cumming…we all knew about him, has there been one credible ‘tip’ from ‘the usual respected suspects’
I’d good as got the named shirt when @tatabanya posted the melon emoji, such has been his form in the recent past. Michael Mellon’s been recalled to Burnley from his 15 goal loan/spell at Morecambe, As of now has yet to be moved to a new club, but there was a rumour of a move to Scotland.

Last edited:
If Fleetwood are wanting rid of Marriott at a decent price, with Harris coming into a bit of form also, it feels like a good option.

Obviously I'd be delighted with JCH or Ladapo but I suspect the competition there is a bit too big.

We don't need to do anything too clever. A proven League 1 scorer to create genuine competition. Job done.

If Fleetwood are wanting rid of Marriott at a decent price, with Harris coming into a bit of form also, it feels like a good option.

Obviously I'd be delighted with JCH or Ladapo but I suspect the competition there is a bit too big.

We don't need to do anything too clever. A proven League 1 scorer to create genuine competition. Job done.

I think JCH is pricing himself out of a move as he'll wait until he can get the full financial benefit in the summer (unless somebody offers that now).

A good link though it is the incorrect one. If VAR stays then something like this is far more preferable than the present joke of a system and players will have to put up or shut up when demanding the VAR Official look at an incident.
The appeals system has worked perfectly in cricket for years, it should at least be trialled in football. Captain only can appeal, not the manager on the bench. 2 appeals, get it right keep 2, get it wrong lose one. It's simple really, and should stop the shockers.

The appeals system has worked perfectly in cricket for years, it should at least be trialled in football. Captain only can appeal, not the manager on the bench. 2 appeals, get it right keep 2, get it wrong lose one. It's simple really, and should stop the shockers.

It'll also put moany Captains who try to 'manage' a ref on a bit of a back foot as the Official can say "Are you using an appeal? If not go away".

Goals are rare though - an appeal system would basically mean every bloody goal was appealed, meaning none could be properly celebrated. Forget VAR - it is only there for the armchair fan, not for people who actually go to matches.

Hmmm.. ‘I’ve had a good chat with Des Buckingham’..

I hope it’s Des: Nah you’re alright..

I can’t help thinking I’m done with Mackie type signings
Wasn’t Greg Stewart one half of the partnership with Kane Hemings that saw Hemings transfer to us? Might as well give it a go, what could possibly go wrong. Stewart was the one credited with being the creative one in the partnership, as I recall. Given the playing style under Des, might be worth a punt.

Goals are rare though - an appeal system would basically mean every bloody goal was appealed, meaning none could be properly celebrated. Forget VAR - it is only there for the armchair fan, not for people who actually go to matches.

It wouldn't in the PL equivalent of the Grimsby/Notts Co game as they'd lose their appeals pretty quickly if they did that.

Yeah, but that many goals in a match is rare, which is why we noticed that one.

But it wouldn't. Get 2 wrong and you have burnt any chance of having one when you need it. And part of using the appeal would be 'x was offside' or 'y committed a foul', it would take seconds on false appeals.

Most matches have 2 or fewer goals for each sidd though. And would have fewer still if some could be wiped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom