Transfer Window January 2024 Post Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Loved what I saw from the new players today. Looks like a great window.

Loan spell for GO'D already paying dividends for the Bees. That will do his confidence no end of good!

Hmm yes, he’s probably as good as PL striker Carlton Morris was at 19. No way of knowing how he’ll develop.

He struggled in league two at that age for us, just shows that you can’t tell with the younger players.

Also with the lone centre forward role it’s a huge ask for a youngster, Morris and Smith both struggled here while on loan as youngsters in that role but both have just shown they were to young for it.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Patron like only fans for ugly people? Does this Nixon give you transfer “scoops” while in lingerie? How much does it cost?

Can anyone find the post listing all the contract lengths, might be useful to know long term what players we have signed up now with Dale/Leigh/Goodwin all signing permanent deals.....

Can anyone find the post listing all the contract lengths, might be useful to know long term what players we have signed up now with Dale/Leigh/Goodwin all signing permanent deals.....
I don't think the club are revealing contract lengths for recently signed players, I wonder why!? As far as I'm aware no player has a contract beyond June 26.

I don't think the club are revealing contract lengths for recently signed players, I wonder why!? As far as I'm aware no player has a contract beyond June 26.

I get the feeling when we signed the likes of Harris, Rodriguez, Leigh on long term contracts it’s more than likely there be on a 3 year deals + 1 year option.

Was just thinking with

Moore/Brown/Leigh,
Cam/RR/Dale/Tyler/Edwards
Harris/Goodwin

all signed up long term-ish we are only a GK, RB, def mid maybe away from a solid looking first choice team....all of the above could and maybe will be first choice players....

Get rid of a number of high earners - Henry/Browne/Bodin/Murphy/McEachran/
Thorniley/Easty/McGuane will more than likely go - and we have a decent chunk of wages to play with, and hopefully we can trust in DB and Waldron to identify some quality players to come in.

Next season could be interesting! COYY's!!

Thorniley/Easty/McGuane will more than likely go
The first four will surely be gone but McEachran and Thorniley will have time on their deals. Eastwood somehow got another deal too and you'd assume we'll take the option up on McGuane rather than letting him walk for nothing.

Just Murphy, Henry, Browne and Bodin leaving will make a huge different to our expenditure.

Yes, you're allowed - the player in question just cannot have been registered with a club when the transfer window shut. It's what we did with Baldock two years ago.

Problem is there's going to be asterisks next to any player that is still eligible to be signed as a free agent - most likely either they're past their prime, or they're perennially injured. So I doubt we'll do it while we have Harris and Goodwin fit.

But if one of them should go down with something that's going to keep them out long term, there's some pickings for the desperate. Connor Wickham? Dwight Gayle?

I think it all depends as well now on Bodin being available if Goodwin was to pick up another injury for a little while BB can fill that gap (during Harris suspension he played all 3 games ahead of O’Doncor & Perkins at the time)

But saying that I wouldn’t turn my nose up if we were to get Gayle it gives us 3 different options in the striking department (Gayle is a poacher, Harris the link up player & Goodwin the target man) + a good example is Bristol Rovers were happy to take a gamble on Chris Martin & that paid off for them this season

Was just thinking with

Moore/Brown/Leigh,
Cam/RR/Dale/Tyler/Edwards
Harris/Goodwin

all signed up long term-ish we are only a GK, RB, def mid maybe away from a solid looking first choice team....all of the above could and maybe will be first choice players....

Thorniley/Easty/McGuane will more than likely go - and we have a decent chunk of wages to play with, and hopefully we can trust in DB and Waldron to identify some quality players to come in.

Next season could be interesting! COYY's!!

Agree on the 3 being key areas going forward but hopefully Cumming & Matete will be key to that over there loan spells & then hopefully in a position to pounce in the summer to getting them permanently

Don’t forget Sam Long & Stuart Findlay are on deals till 2026

It will be interesting to see what happens to our midfield next season with McGuane & Brannagan both in their final year contract. I get the feeling McGuane is looking for a move this summer as during that opening 15 games he was outstanding & the club was dishing out new contracts he’s yet to commit to signing a new deal with Radio Oxford coming out to report in November that MM has a 1 year option from the club if that’s still the case in the summer I think we should cash in on him

I imagine we wouldn’t offer Brannagan a new
contract until James Henry is completely off the books with JH being the beneficiaries over the last couple of seasons of getting a pay rise spread over a 2 years with the clause of him being the highest earner at the club with the old pals act under Robinson’s ridiculous regime. No doubt in July onwards will look to offer him a new contract but we can’t blame him if nows the time he wants to move on & deserves a move to a decent championship outfit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom