Transfer Window January 2024 Post Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We'll be able to sign 2 players without a work permit:

Players have already been making the move such as Sammy Silvera to Middlesbrough (he is a regular for them), Nectarios Triantis to Sunderland last summer. A few have made the move to Scotland in recent years as well.

Cool - new rules that I didn't know about!

Blackburn are apparently appealing to FA over problem they had on deadline day with paperwork. This meant Harry Leonard couldn't be signed by OUFC on loan. According to their fan forum they made same mistake last time. They also announced 'signing' of a player who now will need to go back to MLS by Thursday when their season re starts. At least our admin seems better organised

Blackburn are apparently appealing to FA over problem they had on deadline day with paperwork. This meant Harry Leonard couldn't be signed by OUFC on loan. According to their fan forum they made same mistake last time. They also announced 'signing' of a player who now will need to go back to MLS by Thursday when their season re starts. At least our admin seems better organised
That's a shame but I doubt the FA will allow the transfer retrospectively. Seems like we're not the only ones with fax machine issues.

I think the more likely scenario if we wanted to sign Leonard is that, we have signed him… but both clubs haven’t announced as they’re waiting for International Clearance, if it’s granted we announce Leonard. If it’s not Blackburn recall under the “14 day call back clause” and nothing ever gets said

I think the more likely scenario if we wanted to sign Leonard is that, we have signed him… but both clubs haven’t announced as they’re waiting for International Clearance, if it’s granted we announce Leonard. If it’s not Blackburn recall under the “14 day call back clause” and nothing ever gets said
The EFL board is discussing this tomorrow, so we might hear quite soon if your theory is correct.

Last edited:
  • React
Reactions: Ian
If it’s their fault, their incompetence, then the loan should be allowed.

If it’s their fault, their incompetence, then the loan should be allowed.
If it's Blackburn's incompetence that results in them not being able to sign the MLS player as planned, then I would think the loan won't go ahead as it was probably dependent on said MLS players arrival.

If it's Blackburn's incompetence that results in them not being able to sign the MLS player as planned, then I would think the loan won't go ahead as it was probably dependent on said MLS players arrival.
I was thinking it might be an EFL issue.

Am coming late to this- if it goes through, is that a loan or permanent? Assume the former.
Blackburn are apparently appealing to FA over a problem they had on deadline day with paperwork which meant Harry Leonard couldn't be signed by OUFC on loan. According to their fan forum they made same mistake last time. They also announced 'signing' of a player who now will need to go back to MLS by Thursday when their season re starts. At least OUFC’s admin seems better organised.

Back
Top Bottom