Transfer News January 2023 Transfer window thread

So you’ve admitted the option to buy the left back is mistaken? In other words you’re talking absolute billy bollox as u know sweet FA.

Who is this Chelsea youngster? You’ve only suddenly mentioned this as others on here have already touted him, you know nothing first hand.

Looking at players like Cannon, yeh very encouraging as were Smozdics and a load of others you mentioned but realistically absolutely no shag*ing chance of coming here and nor were they ever.

We could look at 100+ players but let’s get realistic, very few want to sign for KR other than crocs on inflated contracts. Once you and the board believe that then we can actually move on and get the decent balanced squad and tactical nouse we need to progress. We just don’t sign the players we actually need, why, mmmmm, I wonder!

How can people not see that 5 years and 9 or 10 transfer windows and we’re exactly where we were in 2018, if not worse off, which in fact we actually are with huge contracts at mates rates etc… FFS we are in a mess and need a complete change of manager and backroom team.

We had no chance of Tom Cannon, encouraging we were looking at him tho! Get real FFS. What’s looking positive more than some are painting? The clubs who mean business have already done the business, we’ve got one loan and nothing to actually benefit OUFC now or in the future.

Hello, smell the coffee!!!!!!

A few hard-truths about our club in this message that some would do well to recognise.

Not for reasons of point-scoring or machismo as some would paint us, but because the club we ALL love is struggling with football and recruitment related matters.

We point these things out because we care. We don’t think others DON’T care - we know you do. We’re just worried about the state of things at the moment. We deserve better.

So you’ve admitted the option to buy the left back is mistaken? In other words you’re talking absolute billy bollox as u know sweet FA.

Who is this Chelsea youngster? You’ve only suddenly mentioned this as others on here have already touted him, you know nothing first hand.

Looking at players like Cannon, yeh very encouraging as were Smozdics and a load of others you mentioned but realistically absolutely no shag*ing chance of coming here and nor were they ever.

We could look at 100+ players but let’s get realistic, very few want to sign for KR other than crocs on inflated contracts. Once you and the board believe that then we can actually move on and get the decent balanced squad and tactical nouse we need to progress. We just don’t sign the players we actually need, why, mmmmm, I wonder!

How can people not see that 5 years and 9 or 10 transfer windows and we’re exactly where we were in 2018, if not worse off, which in fact we actually are with huge contracts at mates rates etc… FFS we are in a mess and need a complete change of manager and backroom team.

We had no chance of Tom Cannon, encouraging we were looking at him tho! Get real FFS. What’s looking positive more than some are painting? The clubs who mean business have already done the business, we’ve got one loan and nothing to actually benefit OUFC now or in the future, unless we get very lucky with the two youngsters.

Margot Robbie , I’m encouraged to look at her and think as you politely put it in 3rd paragraph of shag*ing her and then again I think no chance, so I move onto the next and think Charlize Theron and the same answer no chance…..it’s a bit like Karl’s transfer windows we’re led up the garden path with names that end up elsewhere.

Same old every season with the poster you are replying to.

Last edited:
A few hard-truths about our club in this message that some would do well to recognise.

Not for reasons of point-scoring or machismo as some would paint us, but because the club we ALL love is struggling with football and recruitment related matters.

We point these things out because we care. We don’t think others DON’T care - we know you do. We’re just worried about the state of things at the moment. We deserve better.
A perfect analysis and additional points to my post, sums things up completely and absolutely perfectly, thanks 👍👍

Margot Robbie , I’m encouraged to look at her and think as you politely put it in 3rd paragraph of shag*ing her and then again I think no chance, so I move onto the next and think Charlie’s Theron and the same answer no chance…..it’s a bit like Karl’s transfer windows we’re led up the garden path with names that end up elsewhere.
Is that before or after Charlie has had his way with her? Don't be so pessimistic - if it's after, you might be in with a shout.

We had no chance of Tom Cannon, encouraging we were looking at him tho! Get real FFS. What’s looking positive more than some are painting? The clubs who mean business have already done the business, we’ve got one loan and nothing to actually benefit OUFC now or in the future, unless we get very lucky with the two youngsters.

I did make reference to this at the fans forum, and was astonished by Grant and Tim’s responses/position e.g. one high risk signing last summer. Yeah right. Like you say, some need to get in the real world, but I’m not sure these new board members are which is concerning.

Every team will miss out on players.
Yes I agree, but what seems to happen to us is we go after a player and it drags on and on and in the end we don’t get anyone.
We were three players short for the squad in the summer window,whose fault is that?
We can do business early,Fleming for instance.
I believe we are not tough enough with agents/players/clubs.
Plymouth and Ipswich seem to go after players and get things done early so it is possible.
At the moment my guess is we are after a forward /midfielder on loan ,but the parent club are waiting for a new player to arrive before they let him go. Well we have to put deadlines on things and move on to another player.

Yes I agree, but what seems to happen to us is we go after a player and it drags on and on and in the end we don’t get anyone.
We were three players short for the squad in the summer window,whose fault is that?
We can do business early,Fleming for instance.
I believe we are not tough enough with agents/players/clubs.
Plymouth and Ipswich seem to go after players and get things done early so it is possible.
At the moment my guess is we are after a forward /midfielder on loan ,but the parent club are waiting for a new player to arrive before they let him go. Well we have to put deadlines on things and move on to another player.
Plymouth and Ipswich are top two in the league they will find it easier to sign players we are ( I dunno I haven't looked) in the table I don't think we are strong enough in the transfer market I do think we find a player and are happy to wait but there never seems a plan b or c it's always if plan a turns us down we go straight to plan z and find a Injured player

I dunno if it's KR I dunno if GF or TW are good enough as board members but let's see what we've got on the 1st of February

Plymouth and Ipswich are top two in the league they will find it easier to sign players we are ( I dunno I haven't looked) in the table I don't think we are strong enough in the transfer market I do think we find a player and are happy to wait but there never seems a plan b or c it's always if plan a turns us down we go straight to plan z and find a Injured player

I dunno if it's KR I dunno if GF or TW are good enough as board members but let's see what we've got on the 1st of February
They are now, but at the start of the season both teams got players in early whilst we floundered

We managed to get Fleming in early so it can be done

I suggest both Ipswich and Plymouth had a clarity about their targets, and a lot of effort had gone in to get who they wanted.

I would say that a lot of clubs get many players in who are not up to the required standard,but we were meant to improve on last season and get better players in, we have failed miserably and unless KR gets a couple of really good loans in we will fail again

Echo echo echo echoooooooooo... Scotch Egg giv us a rewind... Echo echo echo echhhoooooooo...

Same old guff from you.

We're in talks means absolutely f**k all, and every window bar none under KR you've said the same old spin. "oooohhh if this happens its going to be big".

What is it about backing KR and the club that is your raison d'etre ? Genuine question to someone who all things added up, spends on average two hours a day fighting KR's corner.
When you’re employed by the club to influence social media?
One mr egg arrived on here at the same time as McWilliams Joined the club. My guess is he will be gone at about the same time too. Just like when several prominent posters joined and left at the same time as Pep.

One mr egg arrived on here at the same time as McWilliams Joined the club. My guess is he will be gone at about the same time too. Just like when several prominent posters joined and left at the same time as Pep.
I can tell you for certain, as a former student of Nial McWilliams, that he is not Scotchegg.

Mr McWlliams wouldn't lash out at anyone who disagrees with him, then cry foul when he's called out.

I can tell you for certain, as a former student of Nial McWilliams, that he is not Scotchegg.

Mr McWlliams wouldn't lash out at anyone who disagrees with him, then cry foul when he's called out.
I’ve met McWilliams, he’s a decent chap, not self-righteous, delusional & belittling.

Screenshot_20230114_092824_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20230114_092751_Samsung Internet.jpg

You joined 2 days after me! How do we know that you're not NMcW?

View attachment 11646View attachment 11647

You joined 2 days after me! How do we know that you're not NMcW?
LOL I can’t be NMcW because I’d never be seen dead in a flat cap 🤣😂🤣😂 they look f’in stupid. Well on everyone but country gents and farmers.
Plus if I was trying to influence fans with an eternal positive spin I’m doing a very bad job.
Plus I’ve been on here under different user names (and the old Oxford mail forum) for many many years.
Plus I’m 100% not ITK

But more importantly defecting the attention away from himself is just the sort of thing NMcW would do 😜

Last edited:
Good to see we are now firmly in the "it's great that we are targeting great players" window mode. Tottenham used to be masters of this "we tried to sign Rivaldo."

Back
Top Bottom