Transfer News January 2023 Transfer window thread

If he becomes available and there’s a chance to make it permanent then I would say it’s definitely worth going for - if there’s still scope financially to bring in the players we really need. There’s definitely plenty of room in the squad!

Having said that, KR is a bit like a kid in a sweet shop in transfer windows. He’ll try and hoover anything up given a chance. I lost count of the number of wingers we signed in 2021 😁
I like to call KR 'the magpie'. He signs shiny things rather than what we need.

So I mistakenly said that there was an option to buy Fleming when I meant that it was part of the discussions. That aside, I stand by the comments that we're making enquires about the right kind of players that are game ready and with one eye to the future.

But anything that tries to show things in a positive light in jumped on by those desperate to score points or to spread even more negativity.

And to think that we laugh at the absurdity of those posting from FoSB for having nothing good to say?! Some of you make them look positively ecstatic!
Nothing positive to say about this season unfortunately mate. We’ve spent big money & we are not even close to performing to the level we should be according to our budget. We are going to struggle signing anyone of note this month as the season is a bust & we are going nowhere fast under KR & it’s season over and we’ve only just gone past halfway.

With these ageing players, Henry, Taylor etc that with hindsight should have been moved on in the summer.
Whilst I say hindsight that is from our perspective, but surely the data coming out of the medical/data monitoring team from these vests they wear should show these ageing players were getting slower last season and hence as soon as that "curve" shown on the graphs of speed, energy, ground covered etc, etc showed a downward trend then no new contracts should be offered and the payers moved on and replaced with younger more energetic players.
It's funny because KR keeps banging on about being data-driven recently, but you're right. New contracts have been offered to the likes of Henry, Taylor and Gorrin on a sentimental basis instead. Joke.

It's funny because KR keeps banging on about being data-driven recently, but you're right. New contracts have been offered to the likes of Henry, Taylor and Gorrin on a sentimental basis instead. Joke.
It's good to have some continuity with top players who have performed great for us , just Taylor should be back up now rather than main / only striker while James H just seems to have run out of legs this season.
They should be supporting the new , younger players rather than being relied upon .

So I mistakenly said that there was an option to buy Fleming when I meant that it was part of the discussions. That aside, I stand by the comments that we're making enquires about the right kind of players that are game ready and with one eye to the future.

But anything that tries to show things in a positive light in jumped on by those desperate to score points or to spread even more negativity.

And to think that we laugh at the absurdity of those posting from FoSB for having nothing good to say?! Some of you make them look positively ecstatic!
We’ve done this before and it all turns to bollox. I remember you saying last summer about the level of player(s) we were in contact with, and we all know how that ended.

Last edited:
Yawn. Let's see what happens at Fleetwood tomorrow - I reckon (depending on the result) things will be clearer next week.

Yes. As usual Egg believe what you want but I’m unsure why you felt like you needed to make up that we had an option, because we don’t.

Could we make a huge offer in the summer & get him? Who knows, but don’t lie.
Things made up or the truth massaged, wtf do they do it?
Simply to keep robinson artificially looking good and keep the failure in a job, and the club from moving on.
The simple facts are 2 kids for the future and one loan, doesnt even put us on a par with the top 8 clubs, when what we actually need is 2 striker and a CDM. Also to have a full squad with players that are playing at a sufficient level to get in a 1st 11 would be a novelty, and mean that we could cope with the levels of injuries robinson seems to get.

Why would a future prospect with genuine ambitions want to play for robinson, after the way he has treated some of the most recent youngsters, such as Cooper, Smith and Jones.

Before the window opened the general consensus on here was that we needed a left back, CDM and striker as a minimum, and they needed to be fit and ready to go - not old injury prone friends of Karl. We were also talking about reinventing the development model with an eye on the future rather than the 30+ signings or extensions of the summer.

So far we've brought in a decent, game ready left back with an option to make it permanent in the summer and are looking at doing a similar deal with a well thought of Chelsea youngster in CDM. We've also got a couple of young centre backs that will hopefully work towards getting the u23's games back on to further improve the youth development.

Of course we still need a striker but it's encouraging that we're looking at players like Tom Cannon even if we miss out. I'd rather go down that route than Stockley for example. Still plenty of time to go, but things are looking more positive than many are painting.
You have definitive proof that we are doing a loan to permanent deal for the Chelsea player and "looking" at a player like Tom Cannon?
Or pure speculation?

Echo echo echo echoooooooooo... Scotch Egg giv us a rewind... Echo echo echo echhhoooooooo...

Same old guff from you.

We're in talks means absolutely f**k all, and every window bar none under KR you've said the same old spin. "oooohhh if this happens its going to be big".

What is it about backing KR and the club that is your raison d'etre ? Genuine question to someone who all things added up, spends on average two hours a day fighting KR's corner.
These arguments that are put out as spin for some reason, to keep coco in a job. Egg doesnt see the damage being done to any promotion push that will only come when the new manager takes over.

I’d like us to aim for L1 players at clubs on smaller financial scales & L2 players in a certain age bracket that they come here aiming to make a mark.

A player like Murphy isn’t here for the right reasons. He’s here because he knows the manager & got very well payed out of it. Got to question why Wildschut would leave Sofia for here etc etc etc.

We need hungry ambitious footballers.
Under kr, its either crocs or we take loan players to prepare them for other clubs, when we should be buying players to further develop OUR squad.
We also need a hungry ambitious manager, not one who genuinely seems to believe his own bullshit.

Fleming is a greaT signing if better than Brown then Brown goes out of the side,also we're not even half way through January so still plenty of time.

I don’t think we will be dropping Brown. Fleming at LB, with Brown at LCB. Moore at RCB with Anderson at RB. I wouldn’t be against a move to 352, but Brown still starts for me, even in that formation.

Before the window opened the general consensus on here was that we needed a left back, CDM and striker as a minimum, and they needed to be fit and ready to go - not old injury prone friends of Karl. We were also talking about reinventing the development model with an eye on the future rather than the 30+ signings or extensions of the summer.

So far we've brought in a decent, game ready left back with an option to make it permanent in the summer and are looking at doing a similar deal with a well thought of Chelsea youngster in CDM. We've also got a couple of young centre backs that will hopefully work towards getting the u23's games back on to further improve the youth development.

Of course we still need a striker but it's encouraging that we're looking at players like Tom Cannon even if we miss out. I'd rather go down that route than Stockley for example. Still plenty of time to go, but things are looking more positive than many are painting.
So you’ve admitted the option to buy the left back is mistaken? In other words you’re talking absolute billy bollox as u know sweet FA.

Who is this Chelsea youngster? You’ve only suddenly mentioned this as others on here have already touted him, you know nothing first hand.

Looking at players like Cannon, yeh very encouraging as were Smozdics and a load of others you mentioned but realistically absolutely no shag*ing chance of coming here and nor were they ever.

We could look at 100+ players but let’s get realistic, very few want to sign for KR other than crocs on inflated contracts. Once you and the board believe that then we can actually move on and get the decent balanced squad and tactical nouse we need to progress. We just don’t sign the players we actually need, why, mmmmm, I wonder!

How can people not see that 5 years and 9 or 10 transfer windows and we’re exactly where we were in 2018, if not worse off, which in fact we actually are with huge contracts at mates rates etc… FFS we are in a mess and need a complete change of manager and backroom team.

We had no chance of Tom Cannon, encouraging we were looking at him tho! Get real FFS. What’s looking positive more than some are painting? The clubs who mean business have already done the business, we’ve got one loan and nothing to actually benefit OUFC now or in the future, unless we get very lucky with the two youngsters.

Hello, smell the coffee!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom