Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

let’s be honest we don’t really need a striker this window. Browne or Whyte are more than capable of filling in (as they have shown) should Taylor get injured/suspended. Winnall would do a job in my opinion too

A left sided defender is a must though
Browne not ready for a few weeks

Sounding like it’s just the 3 incomings which I’ve been saying for a while.

A defender, Smyth and Browne.
We were looking at couple other defenders last week.
It’ll be the Cardiff lad.

We were trying to get Hylton or Biamou in this evening.
If that's the case, then why, if it was so glaring obvious that we needed a LB, CB and striker has robinson brought in 2 players that will have no impact on the first 11 for months. Seems senseless.
I think I mentioned Winnall on the original post, keep up
Lets be honest, do you really see Winnall filling for Taylor if he gets injured? He's injury prone, scored a couple of goals. It's Mackie again all over. kr trying to convince that Mackie was the answer to the clubs striker crisis week, after week. You're kidding yourself.

Talk about glass half empty
Not really, he's a fantastic signing but we're focussed on play offs this year and it's this year that we require players to play.

Come April I will be very happy to see Browne putting in some bigger shifts.

Haven’t quite managed to forgive Marcus for the playoffs loss just yet . But if he scores the goal that promotes us I will

You know it's not been the most successful window when we're coming out with "we've still got Hanson".

But in all seriousness, he needs to step up as our defensive midfield cover. That's his natural position.
Hanson is done imho, Winnall gets all the stick but he can still change a game sorry but Hanson in part cost us against Blackpool, so did Ruffs and a few others

If that's the case, then why, if it was so glaring obvious that we needed a LB, CB and striker has robinson brought in 2 players that will have no impact on the first 11 for months. Seems senseless.

Lets be honest, do you really see Winnall filling for Taylor if he gets injured? He's injury prone, scored a couple of goals. It's Mackie again all over. kr trying to convince that Mackie was the answer to the clubs striker crisis week, after week. You're kidding yourself.
Nah mackie scored only 1 or 2 a season but played with passion and desire even though he was old. Winnall just scores 1 or 2

Interested in people’s views of whether the youngsters such as GO’D, goodhram or LCP could step up. I know LCP has played left back for us in the past.

Wish the club would give us an update. Can we go to bed yet or not?

Seems a bit bonkers that Agyei has gone and we haven’t replaced him but we have plenty of attacking players so hopefully they can step up

If we’re to assume the next signing is the Cardiff lad to replace Thorniley, I’m not buying that this squad is weaker than what we had on 1st Jan - keeping Cam, Sykes, Kane and Moore is terrific, and we’ve signed potential assets too - but we’ve not strengthened like we should have in terms of incomings. The budget has been there - Browne, Smyth and the Kane clause will have cost a chunk. Browne will certainly improve us when he comes back too, but not getting cover in for Gorrin or Taylor, or real competition for Seddon, feels like a missed opportunity.

All I do know is that a family member, said this evening that there was no real approach to Luton.
I don’t usually get involved in transfer gossip or so-called ITK willy waving tbh. Mostly because things change so quickly when it comes to transfers that it’s bloody difficult to not fall flat on your face, so I don’t really go looking for much of it. Also because it’s not really top of most sane people’s priority lists, being seen as an oracle on a League One club’s unofficial fan forum. But this one I do know was legitimate as recently as this morning. I’ve got nothing much else, mind. Presumably it just didn’t come off.

The good news is that the summer transfer thread is probably only an hour away from opening…

Back
Top Bottom