Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

Out of principle we won't sell our best player to you for mickey mouse money! Throw in the thornilley saga you've got no chance I'd say.
Also throw in the fact that they have waited until the last day of the window to try and sign him and they really do have no hope unless they now offer over his release clause (which they won’t).

Our official highest transfer fee was £475,000 for Dean Windass, although what we paid for Marvin Johnson likely exceeded that. I would think that the fee paid for Browne exceeded both.
Did read that charlton matched Boro’s offer if 450k

Last edited:
Only a few weeks away from being fit enough for regular football too apparently which is alot better than expected
I will never forget seeing big Kevin Francis outside the manor after a match. He had been out injured for a while.......if I remember right he did something ridiculous to injure his leg. His daughter was on his shoulders, so could easily pick fruit from the trees, anyway we were waiting to cross the road and I said "Kev, when are due back?"
"I should be back on Monday" he replied

As he crossed the road he was unable to lift his injured leg up and just dragged it along the road. Back on Monday my bottom. 😁

Hate to say it but if Cam does get swayed and leaves (btw I hope he won't!) would we be happy with
McGuane-Kane-Sykes
in central midfield? That's not terrible....
Whyte and Browne behind Taylor....that's still a potentially decent front 6! But Cam is the spark.

Still need some more defensive options tho Karl!!
Kane being only on loan with us until the end of the season (unless things change in the summer), and with Sykes's contract expiring in the summer too... that would worry me.

Nice to see Browne sign - but with his state of fitness I think we've got to look at next season as the time he will start to make a big difference. He might be the most important of our deadline day signings in the long term, but it will be the others who make a difference this time out IMO.

Out of principle we won't sell our best player to you for mickey mouse money! Throw in the thornilley saga you've got no chance I'd say.
I understand that from a fans perspective, and probably your board as well. But there simply has to be something more to this, we need a central midfielder and wouldn't keep carrying this on without some information which hasn't come out yet.

If Camerons agent said no, the board said absolutely no chance we wouldn't even sell him for £1.5m, then thats that.

My opinion (albeit with little knowledge of this situation) is that Cameron wants to move to the Championship, but loves Oxford and doesn't want to leave on a bad note.

Blackpool fan - this is all getting a bit silly with Cameron now, how many bids are we gonig to place today...

Surely we must be getting some positive feedback from either Oxford or Cameron, our board aren't fools and wouldn't waste time if there wasn't some positive noise.
If you think your board aren't fools, then you have to ask yourselves why they were putting in bids under his release clause when they would surely know he's our star player and we aren't desperate for cash.

Release clause now lapsed and we're in control.

I understand that from a fans perspective, and probably your board as well. But there simply has to be something more to this, we need a central midfielder and wouldn't keep carrying this on without some information which hasn't come out yet.

If Camerons agent said no, the board said absolutely no chance we wouldn't even sell him for £1.5m, then thats that.

My opinion (albeit with little knowledge of this situation) is that Cameron wants to move to the Championship, but loves Oxford and doesn't want to leave on a bad note.
Cam has a release clause that has supposedly expired for this window. If your side are serious about getting him then you'll have to pay above the release clause price now.

Kane being only on loan with us until the end of the season (unless things change in the summer), and with Sykes's contract expiring in the summer too... that would worry me.
Agree but if it would get us up then would open up a number of possibilities....Whyte and Holland are only loans too, Browne and Williams will be here next year....

Also throw in the fact that they have waited until the last day of the window to try and sign him and they really do have no hope unless they now offer over his release clause (which they won’t).
He doesn't have a release clause anymore so probably double what it was don't see this going through this window no way.

I will never forget seeing big Kevin Francis outside the manor after a match. He had been out injured for a while.......if I remember right he did something ridiculous to injure his leg. His daughter was on his shoulders, so could easily pick fruit from the trees, anyway we were waiting to cross the road and I said "Kev, when are due back?"
"I should be back on Monday" he replied

As he crossed the road he was unable to lift his injured leg up and just dragged it along the road. Back on Monday my bottom. 😁
And made his way straight into the Royal Standard.

Blackpool fan - this is all getting a bit silly with Cameron now, how many bids are we gonig to place today...

Surely we must be getting some positive feedback from either Oxford or Cameron, our board aren't fools and wouldn't waste time if there wasn't some positive noise.
You seem to come in peace so i don’t want to irk you - but that’s exactly what they seem to be. Cam would be one of your better players within 6 months of adjustment to the league, I’m in no doubt.

He was available without so much as a second conversation with our board had they met a fairly modest release clause well below his market value. Had they found the money, you could probably sell him back to us at the same price within 18 months. They’ve dithered for whatever reason and now I strongly suspect you will need to pay double that to get him.

Don’t get me wrong, if you get him you’ve got an excellent player. But I wouldn’t swing many compliments in the direction of your board!

Last edited:

I mean, after Saturday's match, that is quite a good note to end on...

Back
Top Bottom