Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

"Pushing seven figures" - surely we'll reject again
Don't see this going through at all we all know there not lightyears between both clubs his wage will be slightly higher if he goes but who's to say we won't go up and offer him a better deal?

H
Our official highest transfer fee was £475,000 for Dean Windass, although what we paid for Marvin Johnson likely exceeded that. I would think that the fee paid for Browne exceeded both.
Hope the risk pays off

Johnson was 400k up front and 260k sell-on (10% of 2.6m profit as Boro paid 3m, not the 2.5m some have claimed.) 660k total, broadly speaking.

Browne hasn’t cost that much.

Listening to the interview:

We have been unlucky on a substantial bid for someone else which shocked Karl Robinson (due to how much the board were willing to spend)

Also, he basically is in love with Marcus Browne, and the other players laugh about it apparently. Some of his comments about how he has a fire burning inside him were quite poetic…
That interview as they said was Friday night about 9pm

We have been unlucky on a substantial bid for someone else which shocked Karl Robinson (due to how much the board were willing to spend)

Also, he basically is in love with Marcus Browne, and the other players laugh about it apparently. Some of his comments about how he has a fire burning inside him were quite poetic…
Jermaine?

Any ideas who this was
Stockton?

Our official highest transfer fee was £475,000 for Dean Windass, although what we paid for Marvin Johnson likely exceeded that. I would think that the fee paid for Browne exceeded both.

They will all be "undisclosed" so "what we paid" or "what we sold for" is lost in the mists of accounting.

Spoils the fun.

Blackpool are more than aware of what minimum price we would accept for Cam I guess by now. Probably getting worryingly close to that figure. 😬

Blackpool fan - this is all getting a bit silly with Cameron now, how many bids are we gonig to place today...

Surely we must be getting some positive feedback from either Oxford or Cameron, our board aren't fools and wouldn't waste time if there wasn't some positive noise.

Blackpool are more than aware of what minimum price we would accept for Cam I guess by now. Probably getting worryingly close to that figure. 😬
Are they though? I mean, there was a release clause in Cameron's contract that enabled both parties to agree on extending his contract with us. I was led to believe that clause is no longer active, and you'd hope mean the value we'd consider to sell him at be significantly higher...

Blackpool fan - this is all getting a bit silly with Cameron now, how many bids are we gonig to place today...

Surely we must be getting some positive feedback from either Oxford or Cameron, our board aren't fools and wouldn't waste time if there wasn't some positive noise.
Out of principle we won't sell our best player to you for mickey mouse money! Throw in the thornilley saga you've got no chance I'd say.

Hate to say it but if Cam does get swayed and leaves (btw I hope he won't!) would we be happy with
McGuane-Kane-Sykes
in central midfield? That's not terrible....
Whyte and Browne behind Taylor....that's still a potentially decent front 6! But Cam is the spark.

Still need some more defensive options tho Karl!!

Blackpool are the ones playing silly buggers, Cam has a release fee pay up or shut up.
What is the point of upping your bid every few hours surely they know this.
Unless Thornilley is in the equation I suppose

This unfortunately is probably a fair comment - it doesn’t seem like we have told them to ‘jog on he is not for sale’. I’m guessing we must have given Blackpool a price and they keep trying to come back with less or less plus players.

Alternatively Blackpool board keep offering less than what we value CB at so that they don’t lose face with fans and say we did our best but Oxford wouldn’t play ball when in reality they are not prepared to pay the asking place.

Basically I have no idea but concerned it’s not gone away.

Back
Top Bottom