Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

Appere is interesting. Seemingly more of an Oxford signing and a sensible rotation option with room to develop if promoted.

I did some work in Scotland where people at Dundee at the time said the Oxford recruitment guys spend a fair amount of time up there. Initially thought we would be interested in RB smith at the time, but plenty of interesting towny in the Dundee United squad.

Whilst I realise we can’t always build a squad of assets and require experience also, we do require some long term planning around how we look to replace Taylor’s goals and Henry’s creativity.

Have said before, but was told last summer the Cadden thing was done, so not sure what happened, however he would be perfect for us. Can play anywhere on the left, an assist machine and plays a cross heavy style as we have gone towards this season.

Stockton - Morecambe - ST
Cadden - Forest Green - LWB, LW, LB
Boyle - Cheltenham - LCB

Would be 3 perfect signings to compliment our current squad.

🙏🏼
With this as acquisitions I would have to slap myself to make sure I wasn’t dreaming.

Yep, Nicky Cadden was expected to complete in the summer and provisional conversations took place between representatives with the player certainly open to a move. I suspect that the price was top end and we saw Billy Bodin as a better short term fix with the expectation of bringing Cadden in on a free in the summer. It will all come down to money, and FGR are in a great position to cash in on promotion so he won't come cheap. But the fact that we were looking at a permanent deal for Browne shows that the money is there.

But would you bet you left nut on any of them?

You can pick two on a double or quits special

EDIT: I'd like better videos of youth team matches on the YouTube Channel if anyone can pass that on.

Also include Mac Masters in mentioned for potential first team football.

Playing very well for the youth team by all accounts. Oxford through and through which also helps!!

Ollie Palmer to Wrexham for £300,000, from Afc Wimbledon.
I live reasonably local to Wimbledon and they are both a little pissed off at losing Palmer and also amazed that anyone would pay £300k for him (let alone Wrexham)! Some of their fans are hoping that Pigott will return on loan - not unless Ipswich are going to cover a significant part of his £10k a week wage he won't!

Actually, Pigott is a prime example of pinning your hopes on a man who's had one good season - even though Ipswich didn't pay a transfer fee, he got a nice little 'hello' and a decent wage. I think he got 20 last season, including 7 or so penalties (not to diminish the value of those!). Ipswich fans have seemingly been very underwhelmed by what they've seen.

I live reasonably local to Wimbledon and they are both a little pissed off at losing Palmer and also amazed that anyone would pay £300k for him (let alone Wrexham)! Some of their fans are hoping that Pigott will return on loan - not unless Ipswich are going to cover a significant part of his £10k a week wage he won't!

Actually, Pigott is a prime example of pinning your hopes on a man who's had one good season - even though Ipswich didn't pay a transfer fee, he got a nice little 'hello' and a decent wage. I think he got 20 last season, including 7 or so penalties (not to diminish the value of those!). Ipswich fans have seemingly been very underwhelmed by what they've seen.
I think that's a little unfair on Pigott, he got 15 goals during the 18/19 season which for a struggling Wimbledon side is an impressive return. He is clearly someone who thrives off being the main man and he was never that (or going to be) at Ipswich!

Only
I've said this for years and always got shot down on here..This window sort of encourages a lazy approach to the summer activities, get yourself a squad for the season and sink or swim by it.
The problem is as i've always said that everyone falls for the hype of sky and Jim Whyte (until recently) and their cronies. The type of players that you ideally think you need are rarely available.
It's the same with the Play Off system that has brought about the don't have to win the League mentality, you can be 20+ pts off top 2 and still join them in the higher league.
in the past if you finished so far behind questions would be asked and you would address the obvious problems.

In the Top flight finishing 4th comes with the same reward as winning it and it's the same pro rata in all the leagues below. those at the top table say they play too much football so why not stop the nonsense that is the Champions/Europa League and all those extra games and revert it to a knockout competition for the "Winners" like it use to be.Sadly everything is just about ££££££
Only reason it exists is how much money it makes sky with views on their website and on Sky Sports News, it’s more commercial now than anything.

I guess this is the reason we might be switching our attention to Nicky Cadden... who we won't have to work up to match fitness either.
Well hopefully we sign someone b4 Friday as the team in my opinion is a bit lite at the minute and would give the team a bit of a boost

Have Charlton not learnt their lesson, jumping in on one of our attacking MF targets and gazumping us..... Remember Marcus Maddiston that didn't work out too well for them!

Back
Top Bottom