Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

And then they beat us fairly easily in the play-off - not sure if you remember that. The fact is, they were promoted and we weren't good enough. I'd also disagree with another comment earlier on that the two teams are interchangeable - this Oxford team, as it stands, would need some real strengthening to survive in the Championship. I'm not siding with some of the Blackpool fans here but being realistic.
It doesnt make Blackpool the Brazil 1970s side though does it!

It doesnt make Blackpool the Brazil 1970s side though does it!
Ummm no, not sure I’ve seen any claims to that effect either. What they are is a mid-table Championship side and as things stand, that makes them better off than we are at the present time.

Ummm no, not sure I’ve seen any claims to that effect either. What they are is a mid-table Championship side and as things stand, that makes them better off than we are at the present time.
looking at the table they arent far off being towards the bottom when you consider the games in hand other teams have over them.

Cam has 18 months on his contract.
Oh yeah!! Good point! I suppose the thinking still stands to some extent. They’re not a dissimilarly sized club to us and a seven figure fee, a big signing on, plus £7k a week or whatever for three years feels BIG.

Good post. That’s probably why it collapsed in the summer and not moving forward.

If I can compliment you in some way, I’d be a lot more confident if we were trying to buy a Crewe or Doncaster player as opposed to an Oxford player playing in a team that are around the play offs.
Thanks, I did get the contract length wrong but when you start considering the size of the deal from Blackpool’s perspective anyway, it’s an enormous outlay for a club that’s only been at Championship level for a few months. The expectation that you’d just trigger the release clause when you could save cash or use Thorniley as leverage isn’t particularly fair. I’m sure you eventually will though anyway.

Back
Top Bottom