Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

Yes it’s just a case of whether we want to or believe we should. Obviously I would say that…
Blackpool appear to be playing games.
It is extremely unlikely that they will get CB if they don't pay the buy out clause.
If they really want him why don't they pay up? I wonder if this could even make CB wonder if they really want him?

I think the reason why not a lot is happening in this window so far is because KR is waiting to see what happens with CB. If he goes that will ultimately change his transfer targets and budget. i hope CB stays and gets us promoted, but if he goes then i hope KR has a plan B or even C

Presumably, the clause about limiting the time in the window when the buy out clause can be activated is still in force. At least if CB goes we should then have enough time to shore up the midfield.

Blackpool appear to be playing games.
It is extremely unlikely that they will get CB if they don't pay the buy out clause.
If they really want him why don't they pay up? I wonder if this could even make CB wonder if they really want him?

Blackpool are sending out these feeler messages in the hope of getting CB to force a move (and at a reduced cost).

It's not a classy tactic.

I think the reason why not a lot is happening in this window so far is because KR is waiting to see what happens with CB. If he goes that will ultimately change his transfer targets and budget. i hope CB stays and gets us promoted, but if he goes then i hope KR has a plan B or even C
it wont

Perhaps, although Forss has played for them more recently and I would imagine would cost just as much if not more thank Archer wages wise
I’d imagine Forss would cost significantly more in wages than Archer. Either would theoretically be affordable in terms of salary but it’s tough to imagine us paying a six-figure loan fee for someone we couldn’t expect to ever join permanently. Both will move to the Championship at or worst, Archer may move to one of the L1 clubs operating with a Champs budget.

I'd rather the best players we can possibly get.

Timeframe, largely irrelevant.

I get what your saying, but you could bring in the best players possible, and they can’t function together. We have to bring in players that first of all want to be here, and players that buy into our way. I don’t want us to bring players in, that just want to pick up a pay cheque.

Last edited:
Jordan Ibe is a free agent, recently left Derby County by mutual consent. Sadly he has cited depression which is probably the reason he's taken a break from the game, but a move to Oxford could reignite his career as it has done with so many young talents over the last few years.

Still relatively young at 26, I'd back KR to bring the best out of him. At this level that could be a scary prospect, but he'd have to accept a significantly lower wage than his previous few contracts - not unreasonable given his lack of activity.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom