Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

Sorry but the way Sykes is playing, I can’t see it as anything other than a blow to our promotion hopes if he leaves today

Sykes was always one that we were anticipating bids for. He'll cost no more than £250k so a club like Wigan can take a gamble @knowing that if he doesn't work out there, they'll still likely cover their costs. Szmodics was the player I'd heard that we were looking at as a replacement, but only on loan. I wonder if a fee similar to what we paid for Browne might get him on a permanent?

Sykes was always one that we were anticipating bids for. He'll cost no more than £250k so a club like Wigan can take a gamble knowing that if he doesn't work out there, they'll still likely cover their costs. Szmodics was the player I'd heard that we were looking at as a replacement, but only on loan. I wonder if a fee similar to what we paid for Browne might get him on a permanent?

Off their forum again

Sykes deal not going through and Oxford sign two more midfielders, maybe the Brannagan deal still on?

somethings going on surely
I think so or we've gone close.
Don't forget the Window in Scotland is Midnight

I've maybe come across as over negative but huge credit to the board for holding onto Brannagan and Sykes. The latter in particular with his contract situation must have been tempting to cash in

Not enough on the additions but that could be a variety of reasons. It will cost us ultimately but keeping hold of CB and MS gives us a chance

Night all.

Night folks. Wish they would of said that 45 minutes ago.

Back
Top Bottom