Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

Shame we couldn't do a loan for him. No doubting his physical ability, just needs to improve decision making.

Never quite got going for us. As I said, he’s no better now than when he joined us.

That said, he scored a cracker at the County Ground and for that we’ll always be grateful.
And a worldie against Northampton! We’ll probably end up looking a bit silly when he starts to score, but it was clearly not going to happen here enough for him to get a new contract.

He never really found his feet here, and when he did get longer than 5 minutes on the pitch. I never felt he grasped the opportunity.

Like Unification said, scored a great goal at the County Ground, and he also scored a cracker at Shrewsbury, before Ruffels late header that helped us reach the playoffs two seasons ago.

Wish him well for the future.

Agyei sold.
Cooper loaned out.
Hanson loaned out or sold next?
Mousinho made a coach instead of taking up a squad space?

Happy with these outgoings. Opening up squad spots for real quality & reliability for new signings now & in the summer.

Agyei sold.
Cooper loaned out.

Happy with these outgoings. Opening up squad spots for real quality & reliability for new signings now & in the summer.

Hanson injured so going nowhere until the summer. We also have gorrin we can drop from the squad and mousinho. Need some incoming players now..

Do we get a sell-on from Rothwell’s impending PL move?
Always thought we didn't use him correctly. One game against Swindon we played him in a free role, Ledson holding and Lunny in there as well. Absolutely battered them but I don't recall us playing that midfield all together very often

Yeah, I'm not quite sure what Crewe are thinking there - unless the undisclosed part of the fee is that there isn't one.
We were never going to offer him another contract, and he didn't come through our youth system so there wouldn't be a tribunal fee - they could have had him for nothing in the summer. And whilst he's undoubtedly got talent, I'm not sure I see him as a player that's going to start banging in the goals that keep them up (although you can almost guarantee him a goal on Feb. 22nd).

Good luck to the guy - he gave us some really great memories.

He scored some cracking goals, and was often a handful, but I just can't ever see him morphing into a bigtime goalscorer. He just didn't have the striker's instinct.
My enduring memories of watching him play (other than a couple of the aforementioned crackers) were a couple of open goal sitters where he tried to control and pass it into the net, rather than just hit it when the opportunity was there, and gave defenders the opportunity to get back for a block.

I don't think the time or effort was really invested into the development of Dan Agyei. From the start, he was seen as something of a bit-part player in the eyes of the manager and was never really afforded the platform to be much more than that imo.

We always had lots of options in his position/positions (striker & winger), which certainly contributed towards that, but never felt enough chances in his best position were presented to him and KR calling him out in public - even though not all of the comments were unfair - only damaged his confidence further, which I get the impression can be quite frail at times.

And, despite all that, he still produced some really important moments for us; those goals at Shrewsbury and Swindon really standing out.

It's best for all parties that he moves on - and we've done quite well to get a fee - but my belief is that he could thrive under a manager that truly believes in him and who is willing to invest time into developing him because I think there's a player in there.

Agyei sold.
Cooper loaned out.

You forgot Gorrin

Good luck Dan, singlehandedly got us out of the s**t at Shrewsbury back in 2020. Bet he bangs one in against us in Feb 2022 and I wouldn't be too angry about it either.
I presume part of the deal is he can’t play against us on 22 Feb.

Must admit I just don't think Dan suited the way Robbo wants to play . The lone intelligent holding up striker , laying it off , making runs etc .
Dan can be a success just he is a enigma , one minute brilliant the next not reading the game , ball bouncing off of him but then a 20 yard lefties in top corner .
Best wishes and successes to him

Back
Top Bottom