Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

Signing Stockton on a permanent would show some intent from the board. Not sure signing defoe for 6 months has the same affect.

Signing Stockton on a permanent would show some intent from the board. Not sure signing defoe for 6 months has the same affect.
Both could easily been seen as having an element of a gamble to it. Sometimes you have to be careful of 1 season wonders syndrome

Like I said earlier in the thread. We wanted Browne on a perm. Was very close to happening. Charlton must have come in late. Although that’s still not completed I believe…

We have not been after Findley. We’re looking at a young centre back. Expecting Thorniley to be recalled this week, if so, happy with McNally playing more often.

Defoe is no where near done. But we are 1 of 2 clubs with a real chance. Not sure of the other.

Again something I posted a good few weeks back, still being told Moore is here next season. Sykes has turned two contracts down.

Stockton is a new one. Not heard that one

Like I said earlier in the thread. We wanted Browne on a perm. Was very close to happening. Charlton must have come in late. Although that’s still not completed I believe…

We have not been after Findley. We’re looking at a young centre back. Expecting Thorniley to be recalled this week, if so, happy with McNally playing more often.

Defoe is no where near done. But we are 1 of 2 clubs with a real chance. Not sure of the other.

Again something I posted a good few weeks back, still being told Moore is here next season. Sykes has turned two contracts down.

Interesting. Thanks for the update.

Any word on departures? Cooper and Agyei must be high up the list in order to make way for anyone new.

Defoe would put bums on seats and create huge excitement and profile for the club with his punditry etc (assuming all that stuff was part of the deal). Stockton would add nothing in that respect but would likely be more of what we need. I’d take either, I don’t think any fan could be disappointed if we added to the squad with Defoe or Stockton, especially if Winnall might have also turned a corner. That would be serious firepower.

Have to feel sorry for Thorniley the bloke appears to have been used as an ends to a means.

Also as i put when offering thoughts on the Cam Blackpool scenario Ring Ring them agents don't care who they trample on (including their clients)

Defoe would put bums on seats and create huge excitement and profile for the club with his punditry etc (assuming all that stuff was part of the deal). Stockton would add nothing in that respect but would likely be more of what we need. I’d take either, I don’t think any fan could be disappointed if we added to the squad with Defoe or Stockton, especially if Winnall might have also turned a corner. That would be serious firepower.

Yeh i get that he will put bums on the seat. But if Stockton had a couple of decent seasons with us and got us promoted he could be worth a few million only being the age of 27 now. Defoe has no future sale opportunities.

But then again imagine the defoe shirt sales. Jeez just sign someone so we can stop talking about it lol.

We've played 352 for 50 mins and now everyone wants to utilise it as our primary formation. 433 works for us and has done for a few seasons, and I still think it should be our first choice, but it's good to have other options in case plan A isn't working.
Plan B is the new plan A!

Yeh i get that he will put bums on the seat. But if Stockton had a couple of decent seasons with us and got us promoted he could be worth a few million only being the age of 27 now. Defoe has no future sale opportunities.

But then again imagine the defoe shirt sales. Jeez just sign someone so we can stop talking about it lol.
Does nobody ever think of having a settled squad...Not every player we're linked with or sign has to come with ££££££ on their head before kicking a ball surely

By next month who will be the club with Thorniley in its side? No need to Panic, just thought I’d Ask.

We've played 352 for 50 mins and now everyone wants to utilise it as our primary formation. 433 works for us and has done for a few seasons, and I still think it should be our first choice, but it's good to have other options in case plan A isn't working.
We’ve struggled for a couple of seasons against the top of the table and more physical sides.
In reality we play with wing backs without the cover of a 3rd defender.
Which the likes of Appleton exploit,
Got to give Robinson credit for changing it early yesterday.
From once again struggling to cope, the change seemed to suit our current sqaud.

The added bonus is McNally’s height and pace

Stockton has had what 1 or 2 decent seasons at 27 years old.
I am not sure why people are quite as excited about this?

KR is in narnia if he thinks players choose the shirt over their contract terms.
I sometimes think he's hopelessly niave in a cynical football world.

For eg. Mark Sykes, if he signs a less lucrative contract will have to potentially forge a career away from footy. We all know a bad injury, or falling out of favour can change everything in a heart beat.

If you rate the player enough to be at the club... Show him the money. Simple.

KR is in narnia if he thinks players choose the shirt over their contract terms.

For eg. Mark Sykes, if he signs a less lucrative contract will have to potentially forge a career away from footy. We all know a bad injury, or falling out of favour can change everything in a heart beat.

with respect you're missing the point. Any player can only be gotten within your budget....The Agents play games touting clients here there and everywhere and will keep coming back with club B are now offering +£££££.

Karl is right we cannot mortgage the club and if what we offer along with our potential is not enough then move on it is that simple and people can complain but that is this world of modern football

Also people kept whinging about the takeover, maybe now they can see why it was best to hold back whether intended or not as Agents / Players want to take the P**s

It’s a shame that Sykes seems so intent on leaving. Since the Swindon debacle he’s turned into a real player for us. I hope that our contract offers reflect the player he is, rather than the player he was.

He/his agent must be awfully sure that something better will be available to him.

It’s a shame that Sykes seems so intent on leaving. Since the Swindon debacle he’s turned into a real player for us. I hope that our contract offers reflect the player he is, rather than the player he was.

He/his agent must be awfully sure that something better will be available to him.
Wasnt it his agent who advised & engineered him to switch from NI to Ireland in international allegiance....which was oh such good advice for the player (not) .....Sykes' agent is an absolute idiot

As @UTO said, he has already turned down 2 contracts so we have shown him the money.
He and his idiot of an agent appear to have an inflated opinion of his value

Back
Top Bottom