January 2019 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One goal in ten in a division that Hemmings ripped up a couple of years ago, on the back of being dumped at Peterborough. Not great on paper, but if it’s him or Sam Smith...

Worth noting that his brother at Torquay absolutely means business. No Garett Southgate waistcoat and pleasantries for this guy. It’s arms folded and chin out with that whole fat and sassy ‘Tude goiinnn onnnn

Sat in the Sports Bar pre Match Saturday and one of the Instagram accounts had us linked with Graham Carey of Plymouth?
Not on my phone to post a screenshot at the mo

The way I see things going is:

Outs:
Raglan on loan or perm
Nelson sold
Smith returned
Garbutt returned
Carruthers returned (maybe)

Ins:
Napa back due to not getting enough game time
New left back
New striker
Another attacking/wide midfielder
New CB to replace Nelson
New squad CB to replace Raglan

We then have the return of Baptiste and potentially Carruthers if he is fit.

Outs:
Raglan on loan or perm
Nelson sold
Smith returned
Garbutt returned

Ins:
New left back
New striker
New CB to replace Nelson

So Browne to stay. That would be a result.
The wide man you refer to is Jordan Graham?
IF Nelson goes we have to be very careful about getting a decent replacement.

Outs:
Raglan on loan or perm
Nelson sold
Smith returned
Garbutt returned

Ins:
New left back
New striker
New CB to replace Nelson

I assume Napa is injured as he hadn't even been on the bench recently or has he been dropped?

I assume Napa is injured as he hadn't even been on the bench recently or has he been dropped?

he played in the Tin pot trophy against Newcastle earlier this month so I think he is just out of favor there. Obviously the greatest mind in football knows best so who are we to question why 1 of our brightest future prospects isn't getting game time.

To be honest though, I'm not sure a team at the bottom of league 2 fighting for their lives is the best place for a young lad just starting out in the game. I'd rather see him go to a team like forest green or Crewe where it might suit him better.

If we’re struggling to pay HMRC and we couldn’t afford to offer Nicky Maynard a short term deal, then why do supporters think we’ll be signing players in January?

I’d be surprised if at least one player isn’t sold in January, especially as we appear to have a serious cash flow problem.

If our spending is greater than our income (re players) in January, then supporters should be very keen to know how that is being funded.

If we’re struggling to pay HMRC and we couldn’t afford to offer Nicky Maynard a short term deal, then why do supporters think we’ll be signing players in January?

I’d be surprised if at least one player isn’t sold in January, especially as we appear to have a serious cash flow problem.

If our spending is greater than our income (re players) in January, then supporters should be very keen to know how that is being funded.

It has never been revealed that we couldn’t afford Maynard so I don’t think that can be stated as a fact. It could just be that the Owner said “I gave you a chance to sign strikers in over the Summer and we bought three in - make do until January at the earliest”.

Outs:
Raglan on loan or perm
Nelson sold
Smith returned
Garbutt returned

Ins:
New left back
New striker
New CB to replace Nelson

Carruthers to go back we can’t afford to risk him being fit for two consecutive matches, as for Raglan I think he will be given to the end of the season to see if he can be Nelson’s replacement

Carruthers to go back we can’t afford to risk him being fit for two consecutive matches, as for Raglan I think he will be given to the end of the season to see if he can be Nelson’s replacement
Mmm. From what I have seen Ragland isn't in the same class as Nelson. I would be seriously worried if Raglan was given a chance to replace Nelson.

Baz, Sam Long gets in over Raglan currently so what makes you think KR would suddenly see Raglan as Nelson's replacement?!

It has never been revealed that we couldn’t afford Maynard so I don’t think that can be stated as a fact. It could just be that the Owner said “I gave you a chance to sign strikers in over the Summer and we bought three in - make do until January at the earliest”.
Kip is the one who claimed we couldn't afford Maynard but he also claimed the other week he had a girlfriend so I'm not sure what to believe to be honest.

Fair enough, however my point still stands.

Not enough money to pay HMRC and supporters think we will be signing players without anyone going out.

As I said before we need to be asking how the funding of potential new players coming in is being achieved especially if no one leaves.

Mmm. From what I have seen Ragland isn't in the same class as Nelson. I would be seriously worried if Raglan was given a chance to replace Nelson.
He did alright when he first came here. Got injured and out of the game for some time then sent to PV on loan where apparently he did ok but hasn’t had much game time since so keep him until the end of the season and let’s just see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom