January 2019 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure there will be some sort of sell on as well as a promotion bonus. Best case scenario is that Leeds go up and then in the summer another PL team buys him for a wedge. Double win in that scenario. Not that we’d see much if any of it given certain terms of our sale, or rather whatever money we did receive would merely scoop some water out of the boat for a few months. But that would still obviously be welcome.

Back to our own future transfer business, interesting to hear Brannagan being touted as a million pound player post match by KR. Wonder if there are plans to sell him in January when Carruthers and Baptiste are approaching fitness, and Hanson can also go back into midfield contention with McMahon due back around the same time. If the 4-3-3 is going to be kept then we’re certainly quite well stocked in that scenario. Especially if a proper left back turns up and Ruffels can also be considered further forward.

The key now, IMO, is actually keeping a lot of what we have. We need to make sure Browne stays for the rest of the season, get Holmes fit and available more often and if possible, get Graham added to the wide forward options. But if we can’t even pay our tax bill then how we can afford his wages I have no idea.

excuse my ignorance but how much is this tax bill I thought I heard 150000 which seems a very small amount rather embarrasing

excuse my ignorance but how much is this tax bill I thought I heard 150000 which seems a very small amount rather embarrasing
But how many other potential creditors are now going to emerge from the woodwork? A can of worms like this opening up could be the end for the club. FK is possibly a massive player in the clubs future now. I’d be very surprised if he wasn’t still owed money. He could be the giant boot that stamps on us like a bug if he chooses to. I imagine it would be nice for him to be finally rid of us and get his new building site.

Back to our own future transfer business, interesting to hear Brannagan being touted as a million pound player post match by KR.

Other clubs will see the desperate state of our finances and smell blood. If we're in a position of needing to sell, we won't get optimal prices.

Any idea on who we’d be interested attacking wise in the Shrewsbury v Walsall game? Told our management were at the game..

Any idea on who we’d be interested attacking wise in the Shrewsbury v Walsall game? Told our management were at the game..

I know the games with either are a long way off but could they just have been scouting Lg 1 opposition. I wouldn't mind the fast, tricky Shrewsbury forward, F Okenabirhie but don't see that happening.

Winger from Walsall called Kieron Morris perhaps? we only have 3 wingers at the moment, and goes down to 2 when Whyte goes on international duty [Browne and Holmes] Contract up in June with Walsall. Other then that a lot of the other attackers for both sides were only brought in to the clubs in the summer.

Winger from Walsall called Kieron Morris perhaps? we only have 3 wingers at the moment, and goes down to 2 when Whyte goes on international duty [Browne and Holmes] Contract up in June with Walsall. Other then that a lot of the other attackers for both sides were only brought in to the clubs in the summer.
I thought the plan was to sign Jordan Graham in January.

Surely if we’re struggling to pay HMRC and couldn’t afford to offer Nick Maynard a short term contract then we’ll be looking to sell first in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom